Author Topic: All hell is about to break loose...   (Read 1038 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
All hell is about to break loose... 
« on: August 03, 2018, 08:18:38 AM »
kentuck (87,881 posts)

All hell is about to break loose...

The Republicans in the US Senate and the Republicans in various Intelligence agencies have gone around Donald Trump. The Senate passed a bill today that requires a two/thirds vote in the Senate before we can leave NATO. It was a direct reaction to Donald Trump's recent trip to Britain and the EU. They finally see the danger that is sitting in the White House.

Also, it appears that the NSA Director, the FBI Director, the DNI, the Director of Homeland Security, the National Security Advisor, all came out for a news conference today to try and reassure the people that they are aware of the attacks that are in progress against our election system, and they did it without the approval of Donald Trump, their President.

It appears that Trump has lost all credibility with much of his own Party. Just when he is in full-out assault against his Attorney General, his Justice Department, and the Special Counsel. He has gone completely off the rails in the last few days.

What next??

Hmmmm I notice that my soon to be neighbor provides absolutely NO proof to back up the bolded.

Crutchez_CuiBono (3,366 posts)

1. We need deliverance.

Someone has to fall on their sword for 340 million people.

Sounds like you just volunteered.

handmade34 (15,436 posts)

2. What next??

well, impeachment proceedings would be nice...

For what exactly?

Leith (3,954 posts)

12. I Would Be Happy If Congressional rethugs

treated tRump like they treat Democratic presidents. They weren't scared to voice their opposition, like trying to make an excellent president a one-termer, refusing to even interview his nominations, investigation after investigation, and general rudeness.

Who knew they could act like such wimpy-wimps?

If McConnell and Boehner/Ryan treated Trump the way they treated Obama more of Trump's agenda would have been passed by now.

Fact of the matter is the GOP leadership in Congress were much more accommodating and complicit with Obama than they have been with the previous and current Republican president.

kentuck (87,881 posts)

39. They were discussing a similar topic on Nicolle Wallace's show (?) I believe it was?

A lady named Farkus was responding to someone who asked if the Intelligence people would do something like that without the knowledge of Donald Trump. She smiled and commented to him about how Washington works, paraphrasing.

With the Senate's action on passing a bill to protect NATO and the very unusual meeting by the Intelligence agencies, we can only assume what is going down?

But whatever it is, it doesn't look good for Donald Trump, in my opinion.

The Senate can pass all the legislation they want to in order to protect NATO...but it's not their call if for some reason we decided to leave NATO.  In fact if another country wants to leave they have to inform the U.S. and we pass the message on to the Secretary General.

Like with the U.N. NATO would crumble if we left the alliance.  And right now the last thing Europe wants is for us to tell them Tschuss!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: All hell is about to break loose... 
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 08:23:24 AM »
The Senate passed a bill today that requires a two/thirds vote in the Senate before we can leave NATO. It was a direct reaction to Donald Trump's recent trip to Britain and the EU.
Couldn't Trump just veto that bill?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 08:34:04 AM »
Except Trump has never said or even indicated he wanted us to leave NATO. What he's said is that the European countries need to start footing more of the bill. After all, it is their butts that are directly being protected, not ours.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 08:58:44 AM »
The Senate can pass all the legislation they want to in order to protect NATO...but it's not their call if for some reason we decided to leave NATO.  In fact if another country wants to leave they have to inform the U.S. and we pass the message on to the Secretary General.

I don't see why the kentuck primitive gives any significance to requiring a two-thirds vote to abandon a treaty.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong--I get "cloudy" at times--but doesn't a treaty require a two-thirds vote in the Senate, to begin with?

Kentuck as usual is trying to read tea-leaves by sifting through dried coffee grounds.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 09:08:05 AM »
I don't see why the kentuck primitive gives any significance to requiring a two-thirds vote to abandon a treaty.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong--I get "cloudy" at times--but doesn't a treaty require a two-thirds vote in the Senate, to begin with?

Kentuck as usual is trying to read tea-leaves by sifting through dried coffee grounds.

You are correct sir...and since I haven't followed the DUmmies in a handful of years as closely as I should have...would it be safe to say that my soon to be neighbor didn't give a William Rivers Pitt about the whole 2/3rds thing when Obama was making deals with Iran?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 10:45:26 AM »
This has legs. Trump is toast.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 11:13:27 AM »
This has legs. Trump is toast.

I think you mean: This has toast!  Trump is legs!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 12:25:00 PM »

There is no 2/3rds requirement for the President withdrawing unilaterally from a treaty.  Jimmy Carter and W both unilaterally withdrew from treaties and it was perfectly legal.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 04:23:27 PM »
Crutchez_CuiBono (3,366 posts)

1. We need deliverance.

Someone has to fall on their sword for 340 million people.

Definately starting with all you democrat losers
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 01:11:16 PM »
There is no 2/3rds requirement for the President withdrawing unilaterally from a treaty.  Jimmy Carter and W both unilaterally withdrew from treaties and it was perfectly legal.

The treaties were not ratified in the Senate in the first place, but by Executive Order, which were summarily withdrawn by later administrations.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle