Author Topic: One woman's plan to keep her GOP husband from voting in mid  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210908859

1 hr ago
Funtatlaguy
One woman's plan to keep her GOP husband from voting in midterms.

So, at a gathering of progressive Dems last night, the conversation got around to voter suppression.
But, instead of the usual weeping and gnashing of teeth over voter ID laws and Repub purges of voters roles, this idea was a table turner.
A Dem woman married to a GOP man said she has a plan that will (legally) mean her husband won’t be voting while she still will.

She’s going to tell him that she has mapped out time in their busy schedules for them to go vote at a particular time together late in the day on Election Day.
However, She plans to vote in the early voting period a week before Election Day and just not mention that to her husband.
Then, on Election Day at the appointed time that they planned that morning to go vote together, she plans to manufacture a minor crisis at the house that he needs to come home for.
She will call her husband and say, “I know we are supposed to go vote now, but we’re just not going to be able to. And, our votes would just cancel each other’s out anyway”.

I thought this was a great idea.
What if all Dems with GOP spouses, significant others, family members did this same thing?
A little sneaky, yes, but so what? What do you think? Would you do it?

Oh wow!

Funtatlaguy
3. Technically, it's just a lie of omission.
If he never asked her if she already voted.
Even so, if that’s the worst lie in their relationship, I’d be surprised.
And, the end result is a good one.
Lying to Republicans about voting doesn’t bother me at all.

RhodeIslandOne
4. I'm all for it
**** anyone trying to destroy this country.

bucolic_frolic
9. Turning voter suppression on the party of voter suppression is no vice
THE REPUBLICANS WOULD DO IT TO US!

What happened to their belief in the blue wave?  They’re willing to resort to lying to their spouse because of how they vote to win?  What happened to their belief that Conservative men simply tell their little woman how to vote??

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Delmar

Re: One woman's plan to keep her GOP husband from voting in mid
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 09:31:48 AM »
Response to bucolic_frolic (Reply #12)Sun Jul 22, 2018, 09:05 AM
Star Member ancianita (7,571 posts)
15. Really? Being like them is the only way to win? You think we've exhausted all honest possibilities?

Did you read how VA restructured its voting and that's how the Democrats, with McAuliffe, won in 2014. Everyone said that system should be the national model, then everyone moved on and forgot about it.

Granted, honest structuring and non-partisan personnel of voting will be an uphill battle, but it's been done.

What is suggested here is absolutely not our only option.

Any possibility coming from crooked Clinton toady Terry McAuliffe won't be an honest possibility--VA "restructured" its voting by letting all the felons vote.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 09:53:17 AM »
what's the matter DUmmies?  Can't win an election without resorting to trickery and deception?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 11:00:27 AM »
When your politics are so skewed that you are willing to lie to your spouse, you have issues

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 11:29:47 AM »
I suspect this is :bouncy: fiction, but if it's real and the wife tries this stunt I don't see this marriage lasting very long. Lying to and tricking one's spouse for petty political gain is going to be pretty toxic to the relationship.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 01:19:26 PM »
RhodeIslandOne
4. I'm all for it

I have yet to see where President Trump is "destroying" this country. I have yet to see a Lib/Prog point specifically to anything that supports this asinine statement. 

So, DUmmie................................ :bird:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 02:10:53 PM »
What a ridiculous stupid idea.

At least she started the bouncy with "so".  1 bong.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 02:43:55 PM »
Here is a better version:
So,
A GOP man married to a Dem woman said he has a plan that will (legally) mean she won’t be voting while he still will.

he’s going to tell her that he has mapped out time in their busy schedules for them to go vote at a particular time together late in the day on Election Day.
However, he plans to vote in the early voting period a week before Election Day and take his girlfriend, with his wife's voter ID. and just not mention that to her
Then, on Election Day at the appointed time that they planned that morning to go vote together, he plans to manufacture a minor crisis at the house that she needs to come home for.  Then he will get some drugs from Bill cosby, knock her out so she misses the voting deadline. :-)

I wonder if that story will pass the smell test over there. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 03:21:09 PM »
Here is a better version:
So,
A GOP man married to a Dem woman said he has a plan that will (legally) mean she won’t be voting while he still will.

he’s going to tell her that he has mapped out time in their busy schedules for them to go vote at a particular time together late in the day on Election Day.
However, he plans to vote in the early voting period a week before Election Day and take his girlfriend, with his wife's voter ID. and just not mention that to her
Then, on Election Day at the appointed time that they planned that morning to go vote together, he plans to manufacture a minor crisis at the house that she needs to come home for.  Then he will get some drugs from Bill cosby, knock her out so she misses the voting deadline. :-)

I wonder if that story will pass the smell test over there. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao:

H5!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 03:22:21 PM »
They know they can't win on the merits of their arguments so cheating is all they have left.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 04:09:04 PM »
They know they can't win on the merits of their arguments so cheating is all they have left.

And in the end they still lose! :thatsright: :rant: :rant: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 06:26:51 PM »
And in the end they still lose! :thatsright: :rant: :rant: :lmao: :lmao:

Cheat, still lose, then cry theft through disenfranchisement.

:mental:

KC

*Stolen

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 11:10:02 PM »
Two answers, D.I.V.O.R.C.E or (Punch and Judy).

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 07:46:30 AM »
I suspect this is :bouncy: fiction, but if it's real and the wife tries this stunt I don't see this marriage lasting very long. Lying to and tricking one's spouse for petty political gain is going to be pretty toxic to the relationship.
Yep. That is disgusting, putting simple political gain at a higher priority than being honest to one's own spouse.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 08:26:42 AM »

She's not planning to ever let him in on the fact she voted earlier, I'm sure.  But if she's that much of a bitch, she'll no doubt let the cat out of the bag in a fight sooner or later.

RhodeIslandOne
4. I'm all for it

Well, he married one, so I guess there's no major problem with that, as long as she signs the required Negotiated Coital Contact Agreement and One Hour Waiver of Claim each time...
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 05:39:50 PM »
Response to Funtatlaguy (Original post)
Sun Jul 22, 2018, 09:01 AM
Pepsidog (838 posts)
13. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Hit him in the head with a bat knocking some sense into him and sending

him to the hospital so he cannot vote.

:o

Sun Jul 22, 2018, 10:47 AM
Corvo Bianco (886 posts)
34. Why are you married to that guy.

Address that, lady. If he supports the GOP he likely repeats harmful rhetoric at work that oppresses and even cages POC, women, the disabled, the working poor.

If you let that touch you at night you need to get your priorities straight.

"Cages."   :rotf:

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2018, 09:52:00 PM »
I'm extremely happy that the woman is in a relationship where she has to lie her butt off in order to get her wishes.

And to be blunt: If the man wanted to find out if she really did vote, all he would have to do is check next year's updated voter registration roll. They mark whether a voter actually voted in an election or not, and in some cases, even how they voted (early voting, absentee, regular polling station, etc.).  They just don't record HOW they voted for obvious reasons.

So to hell with them: Her for being a lying sack of shit, and her husband for being married to her.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 08:12:09 AM »
Corvo Bianco (886 posts)

Address that, lady. If he supports the GOP he likely repeats harmful rhetoric at work that oppresses and even cages POC, women, the disabled, the working poor.

Corvo Bianco did not include LGBQT people being oppressed or caged. Corvo is a LGBQTaphobe.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 12:39:06 PM »
 LGBQT   a designation for people too ugly to ****.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 12:51:23 PM »

:lmao:

KC

*Stolen

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2018, 04:19:57 PM »

LGBQTUTF

That about right?
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2018, 06:54:31 PM »
When your politics are so skewed that you are willing to lie to your spouse, you have issues

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2018, 07:25:39 PM »
Corvo Bianco (886 posts)

I realize that they hate America and have the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" mindset; however, if they really care about women (or the homos) how can they even give lip service to the mooselimbs?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2018, 07:27:59 PM »
Corvo Bianco (886 posts)

Yet another reason why I stopped believing in the old adage about "opposites attract".

Politics is taking such an angry and intolerant turn not he left that people are encouraging people to divorce their husband/wife over who they vote for in November.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0