Author Topic: DUmmy blames a WHO?  (Read 1187 times)

Offline zeitgeist

DUmmy blames a WHO?
« on: June 09, 2018, 07:06:54 AM »
While this is no laughing matter, the comment section does point up just how partisan DUmmies are. 

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142079059

EricMaundry (1,093 posts)

China hacked a Navy contractor and secured a trove of highly sensitive data on submarine warfare

Source: Washington Post

Chinese government hackers have compromised the computers of a Navy contractor, stealing massive amounts of highly sensitive data related to undersea warfare — including secret plans to develop a supersonic anti-ship missile for use on U.S. submarines by 2020, according to American officials.

The breaches occurred in January and February, the officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation. The hackers targeted a contractor who works for the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, a military organization headquartered in Newport, R.I., that conducts research and development for submarines and underwater weaponry. The officials did not identify the contractor.

Taken were 614 gigabytes of material relating to a closely held project known as Sea Dragon, as well as signals and sensor data, submarine radio room information relating to cryptographic systems, and the Navy submarine development unit’s electronic warfare library.

The Washington Post agreed to withhold certain details about the compromised missile project at the request of the Navy, which argued that their release could harm national security.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/china-hacked-a-navy-contractor-and-secured-a-trove-of-highly-sensitive-data-on-submarine-warfare/2018/06/08/6cc396fa-68e6-11e8-bea7-c8eb28bc52b1_story.html

Trump is killing America

I seem to remember Trump was not in office before what date?  Bueller?  Bueller!!    :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SVPete

Re: DUmmy blames a WHO?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 08:33:52 AM »
It appears that the hack occurred in 2018, so Trump had been in office a little over a year.

The data stolen was of a highly sensitive nature despite being housed on the contractor’s unclassified network. The officials said the material, when aggregated, could be considered classified, a fact that raises concerns about the Navy’s ability to oversee contractors tasked with developing ­cutting-edge weapons.

What in Hades was this defense contractor THINKING?!!! Defense contractors - such as my previous employer - have known for decades they are targets for hackers. Data like that should have been on the contractor's most secure network only. Returning to zeitgeist's comment, data of that size takes years to accumulate, meaning this breach was the culmination of years of less than the best data security practices. Trump being President when it happened is a chronological coincidence and nothing more. OTOH, 8 years of Obama did set a tone in which this laxity was accepted.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 10:49:02 AM »
It appears that the hack occurred in 2018, so Trump had been in office a little over a year.

What in Hades was this defense contractor THINKING?!!! Defense contractors - such as my previous employer - have known for decades they are targets for hackers. Data like that should have been on the contractor's most secure network only. Returning to zeitgeist's comment, data of that size takes years to accumulate, meaning this breach was the culmination of years of less than the best data security practices. Trump being President when it happened is a chronological coincidence and nothing more. OTOH, 8 years of Obama did set a tone in which this laxity was accepted.

Two things in the WAPO article linked in the OP set my Spidey sense off: 

The officials did not identify the contractor.

Taken were 614 gigabytes of material relating to a closely held project known as Sea Dragon, as well as signals and sensor data, submarine radio room information relating to cryptographic systems, and the Navy submarine development unit’s electronic warfare library.

The Washington Post agreed to withhold certain details about the compromised missile project at the request of the Navy, which argued that their release could harm national security.

The two items in bold would make me believe the offending party is of the liberal persuasion.   When has the WAPO ever been concerned with concealing the identity of a conservative organization? :bird:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 04:12:56 PM »
Two things in the WAPO article linked in the OP set my Spidey sense off: 

The two items in bold would make me believe the offending party is of the liberal persuasion.   When has the WAPO ever been concerned with concealing the identity of a conservative organization? :bird:

General Dynamics.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 10:21:40 AM »
General Dynamics.

Yeah, they'd be my guess too.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 10:45:00 AM »
Yeah, they'd be my guess too.

Possible it was Sippican or Battelle as well but I will go with the big boy on the block.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer