Author Topic: Clint Walker, Towering Western Star, Is Dead at 90  (Read 1151 times)

Offline mrclose

Clint Walker, Towering Western Star, Is Dead at 90
« on: May 22, 2018, 08:26:47 PM »

GREAT conservative as well, a big fan of both Reagan and Trump.

Clint Walker, a former merchant seaman and real-life deputy sheriff who roamed the West as a towering, solitary figure on “Cheyenne,” the first hourlong western on television, died on Monday in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 90.

His death, at a hospital, was confirmed by his daughter, Valerie Walker, who said the cause was congestive heart failure. Mr. Walker lived in Grass Valley, about 60 miles northeast of Sacramento.

Mr. Walker also appeared in the “The Dirty Dozen” and other movies, but he was best known for “Cheyenne,” seen on ABC from 1955 to 1963.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/22/obituaries/clint-walker-towering-western-star-is-dead-at-90.html
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Clint Walker, Towering Western Star, Is Dead at 90
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 04:56:36 AM »
Had a rather imposing voice too, IIRC.

RIP, Clint. You came along on TV when the medium was an art form. Now, it's just a pile of millennial shit.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 12:46:05 PM »
He was one big dude. The kind my mom liked, big, broad and hairy. :rotf:

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 03:00:40 PM »
I barely remember the TV series, it started before I was born and I don't think my parents watched it (or maybe it was on after my bedtime).

He was almost 91. Like many Hollywood people, he was married more than once. But of his three marriages only one ended in divorce, and all three lasted ~20 years.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 11:06:14 AM »

He was almost 91. Like many Hollywood people, he was married more than once. But of his three marriages only one ended in divorce, and all three lasted ~20 years.

I've noticed something when reading about some of the old stars.  Many of them had early marriages that lasted only a few years.  There is a very good reason for that.  Many of them were marriages forced on stars by the Hollywood studios.