Author Topic: primitive invents cheesecake ice cream sandwich  (Read 853 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitive invents cheesecake ice cream sandwich
« on: July 02, 2008, 06:52:06 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=236x46192

Oh my.

Here we go again, the primitives making things harder than they have to be.

sazemisery  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-02-08 11:34 AM
Original message

Cheesecake Ice cream Sandwiches (EASY)

In the summer, I make a lot of ice cream. But I don't like to take the time to cook the ingredients then chill them. I came across this recipe for Cream Cheese Ice Cream in the Gourmet Best Recipes cookbook. I either make my own ginger cookies (I don't call them snaps 'cause they are moist and chewy) or I buy molassas cookies t the grocery store. Here is the recipe for the ice cream:

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

Blend cream cheese, milk, lemon juice, sugar, and salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, then stir in cream and vanilla. Freeze cream cheese mixture in ice cream maker. Transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden, at least 2 hours. Let ice cream soften 5 minutes before serving.

I have the table top ice cream maker that doesn't use ice and I have to make sure the mixture is well chilled before I start or the ice cream won't freeze.

I have a can (it was either tuna or water chestnuts) that I cut both the top and bottom off with the can opener. Don't throw away the top or bottom. Use the can as a cookie cutter if the baked cookies are too big. With the bottom in place in the can, insert cookie and put scoop of hard frozen ice cream on top. Place another cookie and the lid to the can on top and smoosh. Lift the can a voila! Ice cream sandwiches to eat! You can add fresh berries or not. Tastes like frozen cheesecake!

YUMMMMMMY! Enjoy.

I dunno.  It seems like a lot of work.

franksolich just takes cream cheese and puts it in between two graham crackers.

Same thing, without all this other muss and fuss.

hippywife  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-02-08 01:30 PM
Response to Original message

1. My husband is gonna love you, sister! LOL Imight try this over the coming weekend.

franksolich's recipe is a lot easier.

Husb2Sparkly  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-02-08 04:33 PM
Response to Original message

3. Have y'ever made sorbet?

I love that. Not as nice a 'mouth' as ice cream, but home made sorbet can have some **huge** flavors and exactly the sweetness you want.

hippywife  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-02-08 06:04 PM
Response to Reply #3

4. I love sorbet but haven't made it myself yet? Would ya grace us with a recipe?

Is "sorbet" an elitist effete way of saying "sherbet"?
apres moi, le deluge