Author Topic: primitives re-invent the wheel, again  (Read 881 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives re-invent the wheel, again
« on: July 01, 2008, 04:12:52 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=402x91

Oh my.

The things one learns from the primitives.

Actually, the things one learns that the primitives have never figured out until now.

FlyingSquirrel  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat Jun-21-08 03:01 PM
Original message

If you buy liquid laundry detergent: money-saving tip

I know for many this will probably be a "Well, Duh!" but this is something I just realized today. My wife usually does the laundry and there is of course always a little bit of liquid left in the bottle when she's done. I've tried leaving the bottle upside down to drain it into a jar, but it often falls over and it's just a pain in the neck. And it's also a pain to rinse them out so you can recycle the container.

So the answer is a "Well, Duh!" but for some reason it just never occurred to me before. You turn on the washer, and rinse the bottle out with the water that's filling up the machine. There's certainly at least a load of detergent still in it, so you're killing two birds with one stone - getting an extra load out of the container and rinsing it so you can recycle it.

I read this, and I almost smash one of the poor cats--George in this instance, slumbering on the living room floor--because I'm rolling all over the floor laughing my posterior off.

This is a new idea?

I suspect even idiots and imbeciles and morons and cretins figured this out a very long time ago.

melody  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-23-08 02:02 PM
Response to Original message

1. Yup, then you can use the empty bottle to make your own

That's even cheaper.

Hey, we all come to wisdom with bits at a time.
apres moi, le deluge