Author Topic: Pedro "Joseph Goebbels" Picasso tries to make a funny; fails  (Read 864 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3541888

Oh my.

1Hippiechick  Donating Member  (859 posts) Mon Jun-30-08 08:19 AM
Original message

John McCain Trying To Have It Both Ways With Gay Community

http://thinkprogress.org/category/sej /

Last month on Ellen DeGeneres’ TV show, John McCain attempted to soften his stance on the California Supreme Court’s ruling in favor of same-sex marriage:

I think that people should be able to enter into legal agreements and I think that is something that we should encourage, particularly in the case of insurance and other areas.

But on Wednesday, in his official declaration of support for California’s anti-marriage Constitutional amendment, McCain changed his tune:

I support the efforts of the people of California to recognize marriage as a unique institution between a man and a woman, just as we did in my home state of Arizona. I do not believe judges should be making these decisions.

The key word here is Arizona. Last year, McCain campaigned for Arizona’s Proposition 107, an expansive amendment against marriage. Same-sex couples have already begun losing domestic partner benefits (McCain’s “legal agreements”) thanks to similar amendments, and Arizona’s amendment was so broad that it would have covered all domestic partner registrations, including opposite-sex working couples and retired couples who don’t want to get married.

Senator McCain has gotten credit in the gay community for his opposition to the Federal Marriage Amendment due to federalist concerns. This argument might even have won over other conservative Senators, like John Sununu (NH), Chuck Hagel (NE), John Warner (VA), Richard Lugar (IN) and Ben Campbell (CO), to defeat the amendment. But if McCain would support California’s state marriage amendments even though Governor Schwarzenegger opposes it, the facts are clear. A few secret meetings with the Log Cabin Republicans doesn’t change the fact that John McCain is no friend to gay Americans.

pokercat999  (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-30-08 08:46 AM
Response to Original message

1. I won't stand for it!

This HEADLINE!

John McSame is not in the closet, I have it on good authority that he is not Bi or Trans-gendered. He is a straight out flaming Hetro, although the rumors may be true that his aides have to bribe (purchase the service of a sex worker) a willing recipient. But that's just a rumor.

Do I really need this?

Atman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-30-08 08:48 AM
Response to Original message

2. Having it both ways is bi, not gay.
apres moi, le deluge