Author Topic: CCers stand on Syria...for the record  (Read 4864 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: CCers stand on Syria...for the record
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2013, 10:10:13 AM »
FDR, remember Obamas fellow democrat ?

How many years did he sit by and watch Germany gassing their citizens ?    

Our stanch Allie, England was bombed almost out of existence and FDR sat back and watched.

The world was taken over by criminals and insane folks and nothing was done until Pearl Harbor, we declared war on them and the Germans declared war on us.

Would things have turned out differently had we jumped in without declaring war on Germany when we found out they were gassing their own people ?   Who the Hell knows, and who knows what will happen in our future  today.

Perhaps those born in the next 10 years will in 70 years look back at our time today-----As the Germans, Poles etc. do to the WW2 and question-----How did the people our leaders convince us to go along with their insanity ?

I see no reason to jump into another's fight at this time, perhaps when things settle down but to just try to punish another country for their civil war and run away is incomprehensible to me.

What,    America has gone from the home of the free to the BULLY of the world ????

By the way, the Eastern Mediterranean must be a log jam of war ships and do not forget all the Subs protecting the  surface fleet. Under sea the boats must be packed up like sardines in a can.  

Offline FaC

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2013, 10:16:38 AM »
Opposed.

First, it's not our problem (I'm talking here about the U.K., but the same applies to the U.S.).
Second, neither side in this fight is good.
Third, attacking Assad empowers Islamists and leads to yet more Christians being martyred for their faith.
Fourth, there is neither entrance nor exit strategy.

Well stated - I am opposed for the same reasons...

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2013, 10:37:21 AM »
Like everything else the dishonest bastard says, you have to read between the lines...when they explained that "No boots on the ground" they really only said that we would not put regular ground forces in direct combat, which means the place would be literally crawling with SEALS, Army SF, Air Force FACs, and all sorts of other SOCOM assets to 'Advise' and 'Train' our new pals, Al Q'aeda.

What about the SF support companies?

And the security elements to guard them?

And the logistical elements to support the guards?

And the engineering elements to build facilities for them.

And the infantry needed after that because all those people and facilities make such tempting targets.

And...
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2013, 10:47:41 AM »
Highly opposed.

The Syrians are killing each other.. less of them....the safer we are.

Now, if they invade Israel... that would be a different story.

But as long as they stay within their own country.... let them have at it.

Cause sure as hell we go in with missles, boots on the ground, whatever, they will unite with each other and turn on us!

I am seriously concerned however, that Obama will go through with this - without the support of Congress - just to "save face".

His is own. Not the US's.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2013, 11:02:31 AM »
We have zero business getting messed up in this civil war.  Period, end of story.  The US government can't provide one thing pointing to how this would benefit the USA.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »
What about the SF support companies?

And the security elements to guard them?

And the logistical elements to support the guards?

And the engineering elements to build facilities for them.

And the infantry needed after that because all those people and facilities make such tempting targets.

And...

All that doesn't count as 'Boots on the ground,' snugs, since they aren't there to engage regime forces directly.  But SOCOM is actually pretty austere on the actual US forces supporting their operators, preferring to either put the static stuff in neighboring countries (Like Turkey and Jordan, I doubt if the Iraqis want a piece of this freak show though), or just spend huge wads of black budget cash to buy whatever they need including the 'Undying friendship' of local warlords.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2013, 12:28:16 PM »
We have zero business getting messed up in this civil war.  Period, end of story.  The US government can't provide one thing pointing to how this would benefit the USA.

KC

Agreed.  And, because Obama is a poopyhead.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Karin

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2013, 12:31:00 PM »
And one more thing.  King Barky the Incompetent (which I stole from one of you, shamelessly), ****s up
 everything he does. 

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2013, 12:51:49 PM »
Let's be PERFECTLY clear. Obama has only ONE mission in this debacle. It is the SAME mission for EVERYTHING Obama does.

What can he do to make the GOP look bad so that 2014 elections are affected?

That is is FIRST, his PRIMARY, and at this time, his ONLY mission.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2013, 12:56:17 PM »
All that doesn't count as 'Boots on the ground,' snugs, since they aren't there to engage regime forces directly.  But SOCOM is actually pretty austere on the actual US forces supporting their operators, preferring to either put the static stuff in neighboring countries (Like Turkey and Jordan, I doubt if the Iraqis want a piece of this freak show though), or just spend huge wads of black budget cash to buy whatever they need including the 'Undying friendship' of local warlords.   

Hmm, sounds like a certain area in Southeast Asia circa 1964.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2013, 01:44:01 PM »

LOL!  Well, I didn't want to get banned for using banned words so I left that part out.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2013, 01:50:56 PM »
I'll just repost what I wrote while discussing this with other Marine moms this morning:

But why would this internal war be more important than any of the others we haven't/aren't helping? Look at Darfur. It's turned into slaughter, starvation & refugees (even refugee camps are raided). Their government has provided aid for one side by dropping bombs and literally burning villages to the ground. There's been more death and suffering there than in Syria.

What about the eastern Congo? Death & torture is practically a way of life. Young boys are taken from their home and forced to become soldiers. Congo is the rape capital of the world. Rape is used as a weapon of war, women, girls, it doesn't matter. They use guns, sticks, whatever. Often these women are left with their insides ripped to shreds. Ironically, the same year 0bama got the peace prize a doctor who has devoted his life to repairing these women physically and mentally was also up for the prize. Where his clinic is, it's now become a village of raped women & girls.

So why Syria? And if it was so urgent and important why has our president waited? Seriously, the Constitution and precedent set by past administrations gives him license to take these kinds of actions. Why telegraph your actions? Were it me, I'd want to act soon enough to not give him time to launch another attack?

I'm not without compassion but we need to make sure we know all the facts. I've read things the past couple of days from people who are pretty much political polar opposites presenting evidence that Assad wasn't the one who did this, but it was the rebels trying to garner support. Assad was winning, profoundly. He had nothing to gain by gassing his own people and drawing the attention of the world.

And the brutality of the rebels bothers me. But what's most troubling is that we also know these "rebels" have been infiltrated by Al Qaeda. The fact we would knowingly help any group of people who have killed or injured so many of my son's brothers and sisters is just appalling.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2013, 01:55:36 PM »
Good points all, Cindie.  You can throw Rwanda into that equation as well.  800,000 murdered in a tribal war, but Clinton didn't get involved.  Why?  1--not in our national interest, 2--probably didn't want another Mogadishu on his hands.

Like the man or not, his NOT getting involved in Rwanda was probably one of the smarter moves he made.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jukin

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2013, 02:07:26 PM »
Well, I am against Obama's war on Syria but Putin is open to it given that Obama's Regime provide "convincing evidence."

President Putin has tried to avert a diplomatic stalemate between Russia and America at today’s G20 summit by hinting of a compromise on Western military intervention in Syria.

The Russian leader also made conciliatory remarks about the Kremlin’s relationship with the White House.

“If there is evidence that chemical weapons were used, and by the regular army, then this evidence must be presented to the UN Security Council and it must be convincing,” President Putin said in an interview with Associated Press.

Asked whether Russia would support US-led airstrikes, he added: "I do not exclude that."...
Hat tip AoS

My question is how does the Obama Regime know this when it can't find out what happened in Benghazi after a year and out of the IRS in the far away land of Cincinnati? Also the whole YouTube non stop lying the Obama Regime trotted out for months kind of makes me thing it is all a lie. Obama like DUchebags, lies, he lies all the time.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2013, 02:08:28 PM »
Jukin--you have one GCE--you say that the Obama administration can't figure out what happened in Benghazi.

They know EXACTLY what went down in Benghazi.  They're just not saying.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2013, 02:14:28 PM »
No to interfering with their civil war. For the same reasons everyone else stated.

Side question, when can we start calling members of the regime and the DUmmies chicken-hawks for pushing for war?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2013, 02:20:46 PM »
Just a point of clarification.

It's no longer a "civil war". it's a muslim war, sunnis vs shias.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline jukin

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2013, 02:32:26 PM »
Jukin--you have one GCE--you say that the Obama administration can't figure out what happened in Benghazi.

They know EXACTLY what went down in Benghazi.  They're just not saying.

I know, a bit of snark.  The Obama Regime also knows what happened with the IRS targeting Tea Party groups as they ordered it to happen.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2013, 02:34:14 PM »
TwilightGardener (39,840 posts)

10. If you read RW sites (and I do), the main reasons for opposing a strike on Syria

are to: defeat the President, and punish Democrats for undermining Bush during Iraq.

That, which you just describe has been the (D) tactic since Nixon, aka the Drunken Kennedy Gambit.

Looking to Republicans for valid, helpful opinions on this matter is like asking a 3-year-old to help you with your taxes

Oh, please....  Never in my lifetime.  

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2013, 03:15:25 PM »
O'Barky "mis-spoke".

Again.
Bush's fault. ...and the Jooooz.
(Carville actually did blame Bush. :mental:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2013, 03:25:03 PM »
Carville actually did blame Bush.

But what else would you really expect from that inbred-looking political whore?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2013, 04:05:55 PM »

:racist:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2013, 04:40:50 PM »
But what else would you really expect from that inbred-looking political whore?
You saw the Golum speak. I was astounded that he came up with that crap.  :banghead:
BDS, lives.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2013, 06:25:22 PM »
obama henchman chuckie hegel testified that obama's war would cost "tens of million dollars"...that comes to 6 cruise missiles.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2013, 06:52:06 PM »
If Obama would take the time to look at the history of Syria, he would learn that Syrian-on-Syrian violence is practically their national pastime. It has been that way for at least a thousand years.

Sending a few missiles in isn't going to do anything but get them all wee-wee'd up -unless Obama's goal is to kill every last one of them by arming those few missiles with nuclear payloads.