Author Topic: Thomas Kincade Dead (finally)  (Read 5945 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Thomas Kincade Dead (finally)
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2012, 10:14:50 AM »
Thomas Kincade's work was just saccharine painted cottages. Nothing more. Not worth buying...

If his name was Abdul Kinkade, a practicing Muzzie, painting Mosques and Minarets the exact same way, and wrote passages from the Qu'ran on them you liberals would be fawning all over them talking about how enlightened Islam is and how beautiful the "artwork" is. This has nothing to do with his paintings. It has EVERYTHING to do with politics and his Christianity.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Progressive Majorities

• Probationary (Probie)
  • I am liberal and proud of it!
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2012, 10:29:29 AM »

It's not that I follow his political beliefs. I just don't think his work is really thought provoking, earth shattering or ground breaking. I collect art but not his...

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2012, 10:34:03 AM »
It's not that I follow his political beliefs. I just don't think his work is really thought provoking, earth shattering or ground breaking. I collect art but not his...

Lemme guess--you work in a small shop in Sonoma, used to work in a little place in Tiburon, are the second-most decorated Navy veteran ever, and hate Jews?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2012, 10:34:30 AM »
OK. You're not part of the hate-fest on the DU thread?

I never liked the velvet Elvis paintings either. But a lot of American homes have them. Everyone has different tastes. Kincade made a good living with his art, and now he's dead. As a progressive can you understand the grave dancing at DU?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 10:37:42 AM by Mr Mannn »

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2012, 10:41:15 AM »
@HNSparky - Yes a Virgin Mary defecated or a crucifix in urine has more meaning. It makes more of a statement because so many don't understand the artist's expression... I know it is Easter Sunday. But free speech protects art. Thomas Kincade had every right to sell his work. I just find it bland. I volunteer my time at a large art museum. I know what I like and Thomas Kincade I do not. I pray for his family at this time but I don't collect his work...

And I am a liberal. But being liberal is not why I don't like his art. I just find it bland...

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2012, 10:45:04 AM »
@HNSparky - Yes a Virgin Mary defecated or a crucifix in urine has more meaning. It makes more of a statement because so many don't understand the artist's expression... I know it is Easter Sunday. But free speech protects art. Thomas Kincade had every right to sell his work. I just find it bland. I volunteer my time at a large art museum. I know what I like and Thomas Kincade I do not. I pray for his family at this time but I don't collect his work...

And I am a liberal. But being liberal is not why I don't like his art. I just find it bland...
So then WHY are you even on this thread?
This thread is not about Kincade, but the reprehensible grave dancing by liberals.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2012, 10:45:33 AM »
Yeah, the statement it makes is that the government has too much of MY money when it gives it away to fund shit (no pun intended) like that.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2012, 10:45:57 AM »

can you enlighten us on what you consider to be good art?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2012, 10:47:18 AM »

:whatever:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2012, 10:55:57 AM »

I knew it. Some people just want something beautiful to look at, not some piece of "art" that has some hidden meaning, vulgar or not.  By the way "Piss Christ" isn't edgy, thought provoking or brave. It's a cowardly way to knock religion. I bet these same "artist" would never do a "Piss Mohamed", because when it comes right down to it, Liberals are pussies.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2012, 11:11:26 AM »
I knew it. Some people just want something beautiful to look at, not some piece of "art" that has some hidden meaning, vulgar or not.  By the way "Piss Christ" isn't edgy, thought provoking or brave. It's a cowardly way to knock religion. I bet these same "artist" would never do a "Piss Mohamed", because when it comes right down to it, Liberals are pussies.

I wonder if I put a bag of Skittles in a jar of urine and called it, "Trayvon" would a liberal say that makes a statement and put it in a museum?

What statement does a cross in urine make? Liberals are so concerned about not offending anyone, yet they embrace an artist's act of bigotry, calling it art. He says, I don't understand the artists intent. I understand it perfectly. Progressives cannot distinguish between art and a hate crime.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2012, 11:12:18 AM »

Don't try to weasel your way out of this, you ***** Prog. It has a LOT more to do with just your distaste for his art. Your distaste for his art wouldn't have had you coming to a conservative site to opine, as if we really gave a **** what you think. A lot of things I dislike. I don't make it a point to go somewhere else for which to express my opinion.

Grow some ****ing balls and admit what your problem is with him. I dare you. It's not just "I just find his work bland".

What a ****ing coward.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2012, 11:18:46 AM »
The coward is avoiding direct questions too. seems like a distinguishing mark of all liberal trolls. They come, act like idiots and then refuse to engage in a decent conversation.

Progressive Majority is a coward...we've been friendly to you. this is a Discussion forum. discuss with us.
I'm not free to go to DU, so this is the only forum available. decent questions have been asked, please answer them.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Re: Re: Thomas Kincade Dead (finally)
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2012, 12:02:50 PM »

I love it when BEG talks dirty! :rofl:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2012, 12:20:09 PM »

Oh, we do understand the "artist's" expression.  And we vehemently disagree with it.  We also don't care to remove his free "speech" rights over it, but find it moronic that tax money supports this kind of "expression."  At least Kincade's work was decent enough to display in a home, wouldn't smell it up, earned him honest money, and cost those who didn't buy it nothing. That is far more than can be said for things like "Piss Christ."   ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2012, 12:32:38 PM »
When I start seeing these "artistic" liberal painters painting pictures of Mohammed with dog shit as headgear get back with me, Prog. Otherwise, you're all just a bunch of f'n cowards. Funny how you idiots trash Christianity as being oppressive and totalitarian yet you're not afraid to trash it on a daily basis without repercussion. Conversely, you idiots think Islam is "beautiful" and "enlightened" yet won't DARE paint anything depicting their pedophile prophet because you know you'll get you f'n heads cut off. What's more of a shame is you're too damned stupid to understand your own hypocrisy.

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2012, 12:36:46 PM »
It's amazing how many of you called me names when all I said was I don't like his work. I never called anyone names. I guess that shows that the compassionate conservative is dead.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2012, 12:39:44 PM »
It's amazing how many of you called me names when all I said was I don't like his work. I never called anyone names. I guess that shows that the compassionate conservative is dead.

Even MORE hypocrisy. We know you're from the DUmp. Where are you over there condemning the people dancing all over his grave? As for "compassionate conservative", that's some BS made up by GW Bush. I'm an asshole conservative and proud of it. I'm also consistent, something that seemed to have waved you Progs bye bye long ago.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2012, 12:40:28 PM »

You don't pray for anything, you ****ing worthless piece of shit. If you find meaning in Christian icons covered with human waste, you find no meaning in Christianity. Unless you're praying to whatever bullshit "gods" you asshole liberals worship, you're wasting your time. Kinkade's family needs your "prayers" and "healing white light" a lot less than your kind needs the tax dollars that will come from his estate, so instead of "praying," why don't you shut the ****ing **** up and go clean the toilets at your museum.

Asshole.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2012, 12:42:59 PM »

It didn't get nasty until you endorsed covering Christian icons in human waste. Asshole. Grow some balls and try that with Mohammad, since you're on the artistic vanguard.

Oh but wait - you can't sip latte and stroke your soul patch if millions of Muslims are screaming for your head on a platter.

Eat shit and die, liberal asshole.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2012, 12:45:08 PM »
For the record, I don't have any of his work. All the artwork I have, put up, are from obscure artists that I buy at Spoleto and hopefully, one day, will be worth more than I paid for them. "Piss Christ" isn't art. It's a mental illness displayed on canvas.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2012, 12:46:04 PM »

That's because we don't like you, or your "type".
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2012, 12:51:16 PM »
I've seen an image of "Piss Christ" posted at the DUmp. It stayed. Do yourself a little experience. Go back to the DUmp and post this:

No? How about this:

Ok, I got it, how about this:

I'll be waiting.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »
We yell at dogs that crap on the carpet, too.  Wahhhhhh   :bawl: :bawl:  I doubt I could show up at your board and just be called names.  Your mods would ban me instantly.

Oh, and the compassionate conservative is alive and well.  Good thing, since conservatives are the mainstay of all charities, even the secular ones.  Libs talk big, but they only donate other people's money.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2012, 03:01:36 PM »
I don't purchase art that dipicts religious icons in waste. All I said was freedom of speech is something that allows art to be such. And I have the right to my own opinion too. But I guess differing viewpoints are not valued here. All you resort to is calling those who disagree names...