Author Topic: Its time to bow out for a while. For you frank ...  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Its time to bow out for a while. For you frank ...
« on: November 10, 2011, 02:59:44 PM »
This one's for you frank

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)        Thu Nov-10-11 08:52 AM
Original message

Its time to bow out for a while.

I had to go see my mechanic this morning to finish up a repair begun yesterday. He's also a friend so as I left I said "well, if I don't see you in about a week and a half I guess I won't be seeing you". I guess I should say the same thing here.

I have cancer. There is a tumor that has spread out in my gut and its going to be cut out of me monday. We are leaving later today for Cleveland where a full day of tests and such is scheduled for tomorrow followed by a weekend in that fine city. I am told that my chances of surviving the operation are about 50/50. Presuming I do survive the cut - and I am making that presumption - I am told I will be in recovery at the hospital for about a week.

So I guess I'll tell you all the same thing I told Darrell this morning, if I don't see you all in about a week and a half I guess I won't be seeing you.

Before I go let me thank a whole bunch of you all for great conversation and for stimulating both thought and action. You are truly a community, and community is everything.

Love,

Thom

Sorry to hear it.  Thought you might want to see it frank.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: Its time to bow out for a while. For you frank ...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 03:13:57 PM »
Cancer sucks.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 03:15:57 PM »
Cancer sucks.

It could be worse or worst as Nadin puts it.  He could have the big C under Obamacare.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 03:16:04 PM »
Cancer sucks.

Most definitely.  I wish ThomWV well.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 03:17:24 PM »
Sorry to hear it.  Thought you might want to see it frank.

Yeah, I saw the campfire burning yesterday, and dropped the mountain man primitive from my list of potential nominees for the Top DUmmies of 2011.

It's a bitch, and one feels for the mountain man primitive.

If he's as strong as he thinks he is, without God, he'll come through okay, though.

edited to add: why is the original post dated today, when I saw it yesterday, Wednesday?  Perhaps the mountain man primitive lit two campfires on the matter?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 03:20:04 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 04:42:40 PM »
Prayers Mountain Man...

You may not believe but I'll pray for you anyways.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 04:52:13 PM »
He'll be fine. The fix is in.

Le Taz Hot Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Nov-10-11 08:57 AM
Response to Original message
5. Sending you Healing White Light

Edited on Thu Nov-10-11 08:58 AM by Le Taz Hot
my DU friend. Positive thoughts and come back to us soon.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
...come back to us soon.

Coming back on DU could mean anything from Ghostie the Black Chicken to spirit guide.  :thatsright:

All joking aside, I really don't know what to say. So many lost or dying recently. It's the circle of life, but it's still very sad to watch someone's personal tragedy :( Prayers for the mountain man primitive. May one of 3 things happen: The operation is a success and at least buys him more time with his loved ones, that the operation is a complete success and he wins his battle with cancer, or may he at least come to peace and say what he needs to if this is the end. I will pray that his heart is right despite some of his words and that he goes to the right place if that's what is to be.

Peace to you and yours Thom WV. I will pray you come out on the better side of that 50%.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 05:05:04 PM »
Coming back on DU could mean anything from Ghostie the Black Chicken to spirit guide.  :thatsright:
:racista:
:rofl:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 05:06:42 PM »
I hope for the best, Thom.

dumbass.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 05:11:33 PM »
He'll be fine. The fix is in.

There's no need to dispute the credibility of the mountain man primitive, who's spoken of this before, which is why I took him out of consideration for the top primitives of 2011, but one has to be cautious.

Perhaps other primitives might think it's a good idea to be perilously ill themselves, so as to keep themselves off the list, and so any more "I'm sick, I'm dying" campfires by other primitives need to be checked more scrupulously.

They're afraid of being one of the winners.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline movie buff

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 05:15:09 PM »
"You are truly a community,"
Yeah, but a community of what, that's the question.
Seriously, though, I'll pray for him. Hope things go well.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 05:16:24 PM »

I immediately thought of "Love at first bite"

[youtube=425,350]Y8bnER7kl1Q[/youtube]

Now I return you to the get well Thom pots.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 05:21:52 PM »
There's no need to dispute the credibility of the mountain man primitive, who's spoken of this before, which is why I took him out of consideration for the top primitives of 2011, but one has to be cautious.

Perhaps other primitives might think it's a good idea to be perilously ill themselves, so as to keep themselves off the list, and so any more "I'm sick, I'm dying" campfires by other primitives need to be checked more scrupulously.

They're afraid of being one of the winners.

My emphasis was on the DUmmies offer of white light, which, to me, is a totally alien concept.

I don't doubt his illness. So far, no one but Mrs Dawson has made such a false claim.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 05:22:08 PM »
Thought you might want to see it frank.

The mountain man primitive's mentioned his medical problems before, long before any recognition of the upcoming nominations for top primitives entered any primitive's feeble mind.

That's why I believe him, and am laying off.

Now that the primitives are aware, however, that decent and civilized people go easy on ill primitives, I wouldn't put it past them to allege this deadly ailment or that near-death affliction, just so we go easy on them.

And so one's going to have to be careful about taking other such campfires at face value.

If nadin suddenly is dying of terminal male erectile dysfunction, or the Taverner primitive says he's undergoing a mastectomy, be skeptical.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 05:23:09 PM »
My emphasis was on the DUmmies offer of white light, which, to me, is a totally alien concept.

I don't doubt his illness. So far, no one but Mrs Dawson has made such a false claim.

Nah, it's just that I had to point something out, and needed someone to quote, and there you were, sitting there....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 05:29:21 PM »
ThomWV if you are reading this, NOW is the time to get right with God. When you are standing before Him it will be to late to change your mind.

Out of courtesy I will post a link, I won't force you to read this. But this is what to do and how to do it
http://www.4laws.com/laws/english/flash/

and for any lurkers...you need this too.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 06:14:04 PM »
Just said a Prayer for ThomWV that everything goes well and he gets better soon.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 06:34:50 PM »
I had a neighbor with cancer.  They found two tumors in his stomach and another in his large intestine.  He died before the end of the year.

I didn't really know him that well, but I was the one that took him to the hospital.  That was the last time I saw him.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline longview

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 07:32:53 PM »
That's awful news for anyone.  Prayer up for him.

Hope he gets to visiting with God and checks out the link that Mr. Mann posted.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 07:42:13 PM »
:racista:
:rofl:

I can't get past the bottle of cuervo :lmao:

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 08:10:22 PM »

If nadin suddenly is dying of terminal male erectile dysfunction, or the Taverner primitive says he's undergoing a mastectomy, be skeptical.

Considering how liberal women act like men and the men are just pussies, I would believe :-)

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 08:17:43 PM »
So what's up with this? We can't go a week these days without another DUmpmonkey announcing a terminal condition.

I may not have nutcase nadin's wisdom, but even I can spot this trend.

The only one who's really in imminent peril is Yugo, and he doesn't even post at the DUmp.

If half these whiny pronouncements are true, the DUmp will soon be as deserted as Crazy Andrea's place.

Okie Dickie, DUmmy.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 09:27:23 PM »
ThomWV  (1000+ posts)        Thu Nov-10-11 08:52 AM
Original message

Its time to bow out for a while.

I had to go see my mechanic this morning to finish up a repair begun yesterday. He's also a friend so as I left I said "well, if I don't see you in about a week and a half I guess I won't be seeing you". I guess I should say the same thing here.

I have cancer. There is a tumor that has spread out in my gut and its going to be cut out of me monday. We are leaving later today for Cleveland where a full day of tests and such is scheduled for tomorrow followed by a weekend in that fine city. I am told that my chances of surviving the operation are about 50/50. Presuming I do survive the cut - and I am making that presumption - I am told I will be in recovery at the hospital for about a week.

So I guess I'll tell you all the same thing I told Darrell this morning, if I don't see you all in about a week and a half I guess I won't be seeing you.

Before I go let me thank a whole bunch of you all for great conversation and for stimulating both thought and action. You are truly a community, and community is everything.

Love,

Thom

Well my fellow West by God Virginian... I wish you the best. I sincerely hope you make a full recovery. I disagree with you politically, I laugh at your stupidity, I beat you over top of the head with facts, but I do not wish death or suffering upon you nor do I hate you.

That, I believe, is the difference between your mindset and mine. Maybe this is your wake up call. Life is too short to hate. In the end, we are all people and we all share common traits and unfortunately serious illnesses are one of them.

I hope you win your battle. I will say a prayer for you.

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 06:19:39 AM »

It could be worse or worst as Nadin puts it.  He could have the big C under Obamacare.

Did she say that?

Prayers for you ThomWV and wishes for a full recovery.