Author Topic: US Navy warship arrives with aid for Georgia  (Read 816 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
US Navy warship arrives with aid for Georgia
« on: August 24, 2008, 10:12:44 AM »
The best thing for the primitives to do is never discuss the military......................always best to one think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3846739

ashling  (1000+ posts)      Sun Aug-24-08 09:17 AM
Original message
 Advertisements [?]
International Herald Tribune

The Associated Press
Sunday, August 24, 2008

BATUMI, Georgia: A U.S. Navy warship carrying humanitarian aid anchored in the southern port of Batumi on Sunday, sending a strong signal of support to an embattled ally. In central Georgia, an oil train exploded and caught fire, sending plumes of black smoke into the air.

The guided missile destroyer USS McFaul, loaded with 72 pallets of humanitarian aid, is the first of five American ships scheduled to arrive this week

warship carrying humanitarian aid??? What kind of game does this administration think they are playing?
Does anyone have any info on the other ships? The USS McPhaul is a destroyer.

You a damn IDJIT

ChazII (1000+ posts)      Sun Aug-24-08 09:25 AM
Response to Original message
1. Don't shoot the messenger
 Edited on Sun Aug-24-08 09:29 AM by ChazII
http://www.military.com/news/article/myanmar-shuns-aid-...

The article contains some information on your question. The story is by the AP :

Here is one paragraph:
The four U.S. warships were seen as a major potential boost for the relief effort with the capacity to deliver supplies to inaccessible areas of the delta, with 14 helicopters, two landing craft vessels, two high-tech amphibious hovercraft and about 1,000 U.S. Marines.

Mods if I have violated the Ap rules the paragraph may need to be removed. I don't remember the exact new rules set by the AP.

Edited to add the one sentence paragraph from the story.

The chaz primitive is straying from the group thought of warships and injecting reality into this thread.

ashling  (1000+ posts)      Sun Aug-24-08 09:54 AM
Response to Reply #1
3. I promise I won't shoot
 ... but I was talking about Georgia, not Myanmar.

Burma people bad...............send warships................the fatherland of USSR good and should be defended at all cost.

NYVet (755 posts)      Sun Aug-24-08 09:40 AM
2. An idea here...
 The Navy only has so many supply ships, and Georgia is an ally of ours.

Maybe those supply ships are tied up in other missions and these ships carrying the supplies were the closest to the supply depot that we could load up.

And when was the last time you saw the government doing something in a manner that was efficient or made sense?

Too much truth.............it burns............it burns

Junkdrawer (1000+ posts)     Sun Aug-24-08 10:01 AM
4. From my post yesterday....

The Mount Whitney, the flagship of the Sixth Fleet, will join the guided missile destroyer USS McFaul and the Coast Guard cutter Dallas in delivering relief supplies to Georgia, it said.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jEQzqvGPGpc-EYunVAO...

Yesterday's post:

Not to Distract, but NATO and Russia may be headed for confrontation on the Black Sea...

malaise  (1000+ posts)      Sun Aug-24-08 10:10 AM
6. Do you believe that only humanitarian aid is on those
 war ships.

Grab the tin foil folks................

Junkdrawer (1000+ posts)     Sun Aug-24-08 10:16 AM
Response to Reply #6
7. That's the question. Russia disarmed Georgia and demands....
 that the West not rearm her. I think the Russians are staying in the port of Poti to insure that doesn't happen. The US, in turn, used the port of Batumi.

Poti is more strategic because of the rail line that was just blown up.

The potential for direct US - Russian confrontation is EXTREMELY high.

:thatsright:

ashling  (1000+ posts)      Sun Aug-24-08 10:31 AM
Response to Reply #6
10. My point exactly
 Of all the ways to send humanitarian aid, we've got to choose the most intimidating.

Believe me when can do a lot more than a couple of tin cans if we want to be intimidating................DUMBASS
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.