Author Topic: DUd: OBAMA: "I will win, don't worry about that"  (Read 921 times)

Offline Lord Undies

DUd: OBAMA: "I will win, don't worry about that"
« on: August 18, 2008, 11:43:34 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6657038

kpete  (1000+ posts)         Mon Aug-18-08 12:30 PM
Original message
OBAMA: "I will win, don't worry about that"    

"I will win, don't worry about that," Obama told a crowd of 1,300 people at a fundraiser Sunday night in California, one of three back-to-back events which netted a staggering 7.8 million dollars, his campaign said.

Obama's vow opened a crucial week in his White House duel with Republican John McCain, the last before his party's nominating convention in Denver, with expectations high that he will soon name his vice presidential nominee.

Given the deteriorating economy, "bungled" foreign policy and unpopular Iraq war, Obama said it would be nice if voters would simply think "'Toss the bums out, we're starting from scratch, we're starting over.'"

"These are the knuckleheads who have been in charge -- throw em out. But American politics aren't that simple," he said, arguing people needed to be prodded into voting for change.

http://rawstory.com/news/afp/_I_will_win_Obama_vows_as_...

Didn't Hillary Clinton say the same thing?

Offline jukin

Re: DUd: OBAMA: "I will win, don't worry about that"
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 05:44:23 PM »
Given the deteriorating economy, "bungled" foreign policy and unpopular Iraq war, Obama said it would be nice if voters would simply think "'Toss the bums out, we're starting from scratch, we're starting over.'"

"These are the knuckleheads who have been in charge -- throw em out. But American politics aren't that simple," he said, arguing people needed to be prodded into voting for change.

This is the best description of Obama's resume. Good thing he is a new political player.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.