Author Topic: John McCain, 9/11 Official Conspiracy Theorist Nutjob  (Read 972 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
John McCain, 9/11 Official Conspiracy Theorist Nutjob
« on: August 14, 2008, 08:06:09 PM »
I love reading jack. He is a real 'out there' DU-er.

JackRiddler  (1000+ posts)       Thu Aug-14-08 11:33 AM
Original message http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=125x218902
John McCain, 9/11 Official Conspiracy Theorist Nutjob
 Advertisements [?]The very dangerous Republican candidate for president

-- and well-known nutjob (for example: believer in the implicit theory that drilling offshore will magically produce new, non-existent reserves that solve the energy crisis)

-- is also author of the Foreword to the Popular Mechanics hit-job on 9/11 "truth" (i.e., attack on a variety of strawmen for the most part avoiding issues of the 9/11 cover-up).

In this foreword, McCain cuts straight to the chase: the attackers of the OCT didn't do it because of US policies, such as bombing various countries in the ME and denying the peoples there their basic rights. No, it was because they hate our freedoms (or the fact that "we are united in a kinship of values"). He also finds immediate reason in the first few paragraphs to celebrate the roll-back of our individual rights at home and, it seems to me, by way of a codeword, the genocide practiced on the Iraqi people ("advocated reform in calcified societies.")

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law...

Senator John McCain

Foreword

No American living today will forget what happened on September 11, 2001. Each of us will remember how the serenity of that bright morning was destroyed by a savage atrocity, an act so hostile we could scarcely imagine any human being capable of it. The realization sank into the hearts of every one of us: America was vulnerable and under attack. On September 11, evil literally took flight.

But as 19 men showed the world their worst, we Americans displayed what makes our country great: courage and heroism, compassion and generosity, unity and resolve. We were united, first in sorrow and anger, then in recognition that we were attacked not for a wrong we had done, but for who we are--a people united in a kinship of ideals, committed to the notion that the people are sovereign, and that people everywhere, no matter what their race or country or religion, possess certain universal and inalienable rights. In that moment, we were not different races. We were not poor or rich. We were not Democrat or Republican, liberal or conservative. We were not two countries.

We were Americans.

As Americans, we acted swiftly. We liberated Afghanistan from the murderous rule of the Taliban, our attackers' proud hosts. We chased Al Qaeda around the globe. We revamped our homeland security, reorganized our intelligence community, and advocated reform in calcified societies.

Given that this is a site devoted to McCain's defeat in the election, I thought it very important to alert everyone on this site about this particular detail about the guy!

It's got it all, genocide, Pearl harbor, Neo-cons,...

jberryhill  (1000+ posts)       Thu Aug-14-08 01:01 PM
Response to Original message
3. I hear he also wears pants!

That's it. No pants for me from now on.

So which of PM's points, Jack, are tainted?

There was no plane at the Pentagon?

The WTC towers were CD?

Please point out which of the "debunked" assertions in the PM article are actually true.

Of course, this makes the rest of teh DU-ers angry because they are afraid Jack will make them all look like retards.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!