Author Topic: carpetbagging maternal ancestress wants to bring back the draft  (Read 1174 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3771389

Oh my.

The carpetbagging maternal ancestress:

Raven  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-10-08 02:49 PM
Original message

After tabling yesterday, I think we need to bring back the Draft.

At least a half a dozen wise-ass 18 year old boys made a point of telling us how great they thought the war in Iraq was. We are raising a generation of thugs. And, while I'm on the subject, I was shocked at the folks who had only a vague idea of who the Presidential candidates were. These people are obviously not watching the MSM...maybe that's a blessing. Really though, the level of discourse on the street is much, much lower than last year or the year before. It really worries me.

Background: "tabling" is when the mother of the Bostonian Drunkard and one of her friends set up a table somewhere where people congregate in New Hampshire--auctions, farmers' markets, whatnot--to hand out anti-war, Hate Bush, and somesuch political flyers.

Okay, now one assumes the Bostonian Drunkard's mother wants to bring back the draft so that some will have to pay the consequences of their words (i.e., if one is for the Liberation of Iraq, one should be over there fighting it).

Problem, however.

The carpetbagging maternal ancestress by her own deeds betrays her hypocrisy.

The Bostonian Drunkard's mother was a lifelong resident of Massachusetts, a lifelong Massachusetts Democrat and liberal, and was once assistant vice-mayor of an affluent suburb of Boston.

But then she moved to New Hampshire, to escape the high taxes, crime, corruption, and congestion of Massachusetts--those very things encouraged by her votes for Democrats, liberals, and primitives all those years she lived in that commonwealth.

(This is a characteristic of the Vermontese primitives too.)

I think if one fouls a nest, he should be compelled to live in it, rather than going away to find a different clean pure pristine nest to foul.

Anyway.  It's a reasonably big bonfire.

wtmusic  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-10-08 02:52 PM
Response to Original message

3. Easy way to shut them up.

Bring a stack of enlistment forms, and you can hear a pin drop.

And here we get a nice little stretchy:

Raven  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-10-08 02:56 PM
Response to Reply #3

5. I've thought about doing that! Then there's the woman whose sonjust got back. She said "We have to get out of there" and she had a very sad, haunted look on her face.

And here we get an odiferous one:

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-10-08 02:59 PM
Response to Reply #3

7. That'll do it.

Along with some MapQuest printouts of directions to the nearest recruiting stations.

It's a mishmash of primitives reactions, all kinds.

Radical Activist  (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-10-08 05:09 PM
Response to Original message

47. So you think they should die in war? Doesn't that attitude make YOU a thug?

Or just a jerk?
apres moi, le deluge