Author Topic: Obamaite primitives want to suppress blunt fact  (Read 900 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Obamaite primitives want to suppress blunt fact
« on: August 07, 2008, 05:52:51 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6600846

Oh my.

You know, I have a big coffee-table-sized book (in Russian) of "before and after" photographs of the Stalin era; the original photographs, and then on the facing page, the altered photographs.

Smith_3  (782 posts) Thu Aug-07-08 06:27 AM
Original message

Could people please quit posting that Hillary got more votes than Obama?

She agreed upon a set of rules at the beginning of the primaries that she later broke. It was a sleezy move and it means nothing.

wyldwolf  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-07-08 06:31 AM
Response to Original message

1. well, as long as you're seeking facts, what rules did she break?

eshfemme  (5 posts) Thu Aug-07-08 06:39 AM
Response to Reply #1

2. I think that the OP is referring to when Hillary didn't get her name removed from the ballot in Michigan while everyone else except for Kucinich (because of a paperwork mishap) removed theirs. I also believe that she campaigned in Florida when they weren't supposed to do so. Although, I believe that Obama accidentally broke this rule too as an ad that he bought national airtime for was aired in Florida.

There's also probably the flip flops the campaign did on first espousing how the delegates were decided by popular vote, which was supreme, only to backtrack and claim that the delegates could overthrow the will of the people. Neat stuff like that.

One thing I'd like to add though is that I wish people would stop perpetuating the myth that it was a close race. It was a done deal a long time before the mass media actually pronounced it finished. The only reason it looked like it was a close race was because the media and Hillary supporters had a vested interest in making it appear so. Seriously, this is like when people make fun of Al Gore for his supposed lie about inventing the Internet. (And no, he didn't invent the Internet but he was trying to reference the fact that he encouraged and pushed for legislation and funding for things like ARPANET which led to the Internet as we know it)

wyldwolf  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-07-08 06:45 AM
Response to Reply #2

3. ok

Hillary didn't get her name removed from the ballot in Michigan

That wasn't breaking a rule.

I also believe that she campaigned in Florida when they weren't supposed to do so.

No, she did not.

There's also probably the flip flops the campaign did on first espousing how the delegates were decided by popular vote, which was supreme, only to backtrack and claim that the delegates could overthrow the will of the people.

Not only is that not breaking a rule, the last thing you wrote is true - delegates can overthrow the will of the people. That's one of the reasons super delegates were created.
apres moi, le deluge