Author Topic: Anti-Obamaissiah books are best sellers- It's a VRWC  (Read 790 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Anti-Obamaissiah books are best sellers- It's a VRWC
« on: August 05, 2008, 03:49:41 PM »
a kennedy  (1000+ posts)      Tue Aug-05-08 04:21 PM
Original message
Anti-Obama books are best sellers
 By Hillel Italie, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Going negative against Democrat Barack Obama isn't just a campaign strategy for Republican John McCain. It's also a good formula for selling books.

Three anti-Obama releases were in the top 20 of Amazon.com's best-seller list on Tuesday, despite little critical attention or mainstream media coverage.

"There's a pent-up demand from people on the right side of the aisle who feel that the mainstream media is effusively covering Barack Obama and not critically covering him," says Marji Ross, president and publisher of the conservative Regnery Publishing, Inc., which just released David Fredosso's The Case Against Barack Obama.

Until recently, the most widely read narrative of Obama's life was written by Obama, in the million-selling Dreams From My Father and The Audacity of Hope. The new releases, like McCain's campaign ads, attempt a counter-narrative.

The subtitles are the giveaway: Jerome Corsi's The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality, Fredosso's The Case Against Barack Obama: The Unlikely Rise and Unexamined Agenda of the Media's Favorite Candidate and Dick Morris' Fleeced: How Barack Obama, Media Mockery of Terrorist Threats, Liberals Who Want to Kill Talk Radio, the Do-Nothing Congress, Companies That Help Iran, and Washington Lobbyists for Foreign Governments Are Scamming Us ... and What to Do About It.

Article: http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2008-08-05-obam...

bbernardini  (1000+ posts)      Tue Aug-05-08 04:22 PM
Response to Original message
1. Of course they are, when you have shills buying them to get them up in the rankings. nt

quantessd  (1000+ posts)      Tue Aug-05-08 04:29 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. There's a maximum campaign contribution amount...
 So if McCain contributors can afford to spend more than their $4500 max contribution(or however much the max is), then sure, they'll buy an anti-Obama book for all their friends and family. 

Hoooweee  (132 posts)      Tue Aug-05-08 04:30 PM
Response to Reply #1
4. I was about to point out a similar trend
 Typically these types of books are bought in large bundles by conservatives to drive up the rankings and generate hype. Very few people are actually reading them.

Ichingcarpenter  (1000+ posts)      Tue Aug-05-08 04:31 PM
6. They have the money to do mega purchases and do this often
 to get their ratings up.... then the book bombs

Tempest (1000+ posts)      Tue Aug-05-08 04:39 PM
11. Bulk purchases by Scaife and Murdoch
 Easy to make the lists when you've got a handful of people buying them by the pallet load and then giving them away on rightwing web sites.

I love em. They're so stupid that they don't even suspect that they're stooopid. :lmao:

Sancho  (905 posts)       Tue Aug-05-08 04:33 PM
9. I was just shopping and picked up my copy of The Way of the World by Suskind...
 and I saw all the anti-Obama books lined up on display! I was surprised. This is going to be a tough election...

Then reality bites.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3734517

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.