Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3686 times)

Offline USNFlyer

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Constitutional conservative patriot
Hello
« on: March 28, 2011, 08:04:23 AM »
I have been asked by Thor to introduce myself and provide some background, so here goes.

I am a constitutional conservative patriot. I believe in states rights'. I also believe that the Federal (lack of) Government has blackmailed the states into relinquishing these rights as guaranteed by our Constitution. I believe that Thomas Jefferson and Ronald Reagan were two of this Republics greatest heroes. I proudly served in the US Navy, and have enjoyed manageing my construction business for 27 years. I also believe that the infestation of illegals into our nation will eventually be our downfall if not stopped and reversed. Married 35 years. Three great, smart, good-lookin' kids. I like fast cars, old whiskey, and good cigars.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
John F. Kennedy

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!
Ronald Reagan

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 08:10:07 AM »
Welcome, even if you're a friggin airedale.

I like fast cigars, old cars, and good beer.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 08:27:18 AM »
I have been asked by Thor to introduce myself and provide some background, so here goes.

I am a constitutional conservative patriot. I believe in states rights'. I also believe that the Federal (lack of) Government has blackmailed the states into relinquishing these rights as guaranteed by our Constitution. I believe that Thomas Jefferson and Ronald Reagan were two of this Republics greatest heroes. I proudly served in the US Navy, and have enjoyed manageing my construction business for 27 years. I also believe that the infestation of illegals into our nation will eventually be our downfall if not stopped and reversed. Married 35 years. Three great, smart, good-lookin' kids. I like fast cars, old whiskey, and good cigars.

Welcome again from an ex Navy aircraft maintainer. (Helos, in case you're wondering)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 08:31:05 AM »
Welcome!!!

from a former Navy Mom.  :-)
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Thor

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 08:44:15 AM »
Welcome!!!

from a former Navy Airedale's Mom.  :-)

FIFY!!  :-)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 08:58:05 AM »
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 10:28:21 AM »
Welcome aboard from an old jarhead huey wrench.  :cheersmate:

Glenfiddich & Arturo Fuente is a mighty smooth combination IMHO...

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 03:57:16 PM »
Welcome.

There's always room for another squid.

:-)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Thor

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 05:18:48 PM »
Welcome.

There's always room for another squid.

:-)

I'm kind of thinking that you Army Doggies have taken a back seat to us Sailors!!

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 05:25:03 PM »
Welcome from a Seabee :cheersmate:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 08:23:30 AM »
I'm kind of thinking that you Army Doggies have taken a back seat to us Sailors!!

Well, it's certainly not a crime to be chauffered.

Home, Thor. My hot toddy is waiting.  :-)

Offline Thor

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 11:33:18 PM »
Well, it's certainly not a crime to be chauffered.

Home, Thor. My hot toddy is waiting.  :-)

I got your "hot toddy" alright. I'd be careful though. Us Sailors have been known to pull pranks like "rimming a person's cup" or other nefarious "pranks"..... :wink:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 06:37:47 AM »
I got your "hot toddy" alright. I'd be careful though. Us Sailors have been known to pull pranks like "rimming a person's cup" or other nefarious "pranks"..... :wink:

All you have to do is drive, my good man. Jeeves will take care of the hot toddy.

Offline catswiththumbs

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Hairball
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 08:29:05 PM »
Greetings - former USAF here (Dad an old Naval Aviator - we're still not speaking :-) )

USAF credos: *Oooooo - shiny!*

*Hooks? We don' need no steenkin hooks!*

:cheersmate:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 08:34:22 PM »
Welcome! most of my family was Army and Marines but my Dad was in the Merchant Marines and my Cousin was aboard the USS Nimitz, so I've always been partial to the Navy.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 09:19:53 PM »
A little late, but welcome to CC, USNFlyer. :cheersmate:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)