Author Topic: Every frikkin day there's no frikkin meat in the stores.  (Read 4975 times)

Offline SVPete

Every frikkin day there's no frikkin meat in the stores.
« on: March 25, 2020, 12:07:41 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213161299

sprinkleeninow (9,005 posts)

Shutdowns have consequences. While essential businesses remain open, they are not necessarily at full staff. And deliveries from suppliers are not necessarily at full volume.

I_UndergroundPanther (999 posts)

1. This sucks

Because I am diabetic and do a keto type diet to keep my blood sugar levels down.

Trump wants the diabetic people to die the POS.

:mental:  ::) Trump has nothing to do with this, and does not know you exist. ::) Get over your self-importance. ::)  :mental:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

Re: Every frikkin day there's no frikkin meat in the stores.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 12:23:50 PM »
The store we went to had T-Bones almost 2 inches thick for $4.99/lb. Plenty of other beef cuts, chicken and pork. They were limiting milk, bread and eggs, though.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 12:45:04 PM »
The store we went to had T-Bones almost 2 inches thick for $4.99/lb. Plenty of other beef cuts, chicken and pork. They were limiting milk, bread and eggs, though.

I didn't browse the meat/poultry section when I was at the store yesterday evening, but it was not empty. They had no eggs, but plenty of milk. They also had no TP.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 01:57:00 PM »
I_UndergroundPanther (999 posts)

1. This sucks

Because I am diabetic and do a keto type diet to keep my blood sugar levels down.

Trump wants the diabetic people to die the POS.

Try Friskies you freak.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 02:19:52 PM »
Bad DUmbass, BAD!!!

You should be eating grass and insects pre your religion of big government and environmentalism.  UGP should just laydown and take a dirt nap.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 02:23:47 PM »
Try Friskies you freak.

:hi5: earned and issued, :rotf: !

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 02:26:04 PM »
Supposed to be self isolating yet you’re going to the store everyday?  I thought it was only conservatives who weren’t following the suggestion to self isolate.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 02:57:00 PM »
Living in the country, I've got plenty in the freezer.  Too bad for you, DUmmie.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 03:27:53 PM »
Try Friskies you freak.

Or better yet, eat the f**king cat. It is a delacacy in China, and a chicken substitute in most Chinese restaurants. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 04:05:27 PM »
Living in the country, I've got plenty in the freezer.  Too bad for you, DUmmie.

Lot of free pork on the hoof down here legal to shoot at any time. Not just legal but encouraged. Herds of deer walking around that would immediately become legal if shit gets really bad.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 04:28:09 PM »
My local careceria is stocked to the gills with meat. Lots of shelves in the small store look like VZ; beans, ric, paper goods, eggs but not meat or produce.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 04:33:05 PM »
Try Friskies you freak.

OK that made me LOL!!!

H5!
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 04:35:02 PM »

Blame your buddies in the media, assface.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 05:08:18 PM »
Having no meat is not an uncommon problem, and has been thus for a very long time.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlr79m1pR3g
This too shall pass.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2020, 07:01:46 PM »
Response to sprinkleeninow (Original post)Mon Mar 23, 2020, 08:34 PM
Star Member uponit7771 (63,980 posts)
14. Yep, toilet paper was the canary in the coal mine ... somethings wrong with grocery supply chain

This reply caught my eye.  This is the same primitive that was freaking out a week or so ago about how the electric plants were going to be shutting down soon.  Now the grocery supply chain is going to collapse. 

We are all going to starve to death--alone and in the dark.

Sun Mar 15, 2020, 02:16 PM
Star Member uponit7771 (63,985 posts)

After 2 months who will run the electric plants? Thx in advance

Last edited Sun Mar 15, 2020, 03:14 PM - Edit history (1)

After 2 months who will run the electric plants? Thx in advance

We'll need to start asking this question if we don't have unfettered testing within two weeks.

If we DO get unfettered testing within 2 weeks to a month then it'll take another month minimum to test everyone

p.s.

Unless people put themselves in a hasmat suite to go to work even if they feel fine with CV19 they can't work around other humans.

p.s.

The reason we need unfettered testing is because of the incubation period, if everyone is tested now we have a baseline ... EVERYONE ... if we test only symptomatic we ... STAY ... behind the curve into everyone getting it because of the R0 number.

Check my logic here, because we're so behind on testing (yes, in 2 - 4 weeks we'll be further behind than Wuhan China) if we test only those who have symptoms then in two weeks we're running a whole new set test again because of the incubation period.

Regards

EDIT: People ... think... they can't run a power plant from their houses with CV19 even if you feel fine!!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213102185
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 09:13:14 AM »
Star Member uponit7771 (63,980 posts)
14. Yep, toilet paper was the canary in the coal mine ... somethings wrong with grocery supply chain

::) Other than Star Member uponit7771 being ignorant of grocery stores' business model, there's nothing wrong with the "grocery supply chain". At an Accounting 1B (C?) level:

* A store has $##M invested in their stock.

* Each time they sell it, they make ~1% profit;

* They sell and replace that stock several times during the year;

* If the store turned over their stock 10 times (arbitrary number) during the year, they made 10% profit on their investment.

Obviously, things like bread, produce, and dairy are sold-and-restocked 20-50 times a year, while other types of items turn over 3-7 times a year. What is actually done/happens is more complex than my description above, equally obviously. The whole supply chain from producer to store is built on relatively fast and frequent turn-over.

The big point of which Star Member uponit7771 is, apparently, ignorant is that stores and their producers do not keep mass quantities of stock squirreled away in warehouse. Stock in long-term storage is idle, not earning money. Similarly, trucking companies do not have vast numbers of trucks and drivers sitting idle somewhere in yards waiting for what might happen every 10 or 30 years. If stores and producers did squirrel away large amounts of stock, they would have to raise their prices to remain profitable and in business. There is some responsiveness built into the chain to handle demand surges, but when you have tens of thousands of people panic-buying years' worth of TP or canned goods or freeze-able goods, there will be shortages. And those shortages spur further panic buying.

But all Star Moron uponit7771 sees is that (s)he is inconvenienced, and that has to be Trump's, capitalism's, and Trump's fault, somehow.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:15:53 AM by SVPete »

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 09:33:09 AM »
Or better yet, eat the f**king cat. It is a delacacy in China, and a chicken substitute in most Chinese restaurants. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Since Underground Panther thinks it's a cat, wouldn't that be cannibalism?

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 09:34:48 AM »
I am very grateful that no one here has posted its photo.
Thank you.  :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 10:22:11 AM »
I am very grateful that no one here has posted its photo.
Thank you.  :cheersmate:

IIRC, she'd be totally safe in any bar in SF.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 10:28:31 AM »

become a vegan #MeatIsMurder
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 10:54:28 AM »
IIRC, she'd be totally safe in any bar in SF.

She?  I was off by just one gender.  Missed it by that much.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 01:49:14 PM »
She?  I was off by just one gender.  Missed it by that much.

Yeah, it's a 50-something she who hopes to become a he.

Some years ago on Skins' island she got all agog and excited when physicians decided to chop off her breasts.  She told all the other primitives it was the first step towards a sex-change.

Actually, apparently the breasts were removed as a preventative to cancer, and all the other body parts were left intact.

It must be a bitch, living life half-female, half-male. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 03:16:33 PM »
So good to see you here, Frank!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 03:28:33 PM »
So good to see you here, Frank!

Thank you.  It took about eight weeks to be in good enough shape to walk again--and to feel motivated to taunt the primitives--and I'm walking pretty good right now.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2020, 04:15:53 PM »
Thank you.  It took about eight weeks to be in good enough shape to walk again--and to feel motivated to taunt the primitives--and I'm walking pretty good right now.

Glad to hear.