Author Topic: Ann Colter. Hammer. Nail. Head. (again)  (Read 899 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Ann Colter. Hammer. Nail. Head. (again)
« on: July 03, 2008, 03:27:42 PM »
McCain: Pump This!
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
 By Ann Coulter

...John McCain opposed drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge because he polled soccer moms and found out they were against drilling. They thought it sounded too much like going to the dentist. McCain wanted to ensure that he remained beloved by the two pillars of his base: "centrists" and New York Times reporters.

Even Sen. Chuck Hagel voted for drilling in ANWR. But John McCain, "our" candidate, voted against it.

I guess we're beginning to see the problem of basing a political platform on the passing fancies of "centrists." These are people who have no opinions because they know nothing about national issues. They're the ones who check the "not sure/no opinion" box on polls regarding the legalization of cannibalism.

You can't blame them: They're not being paid to know something about national issues. Those people we call "senators" and "representatives."

But now, astronomical gas prices have forced even soccer moms to spend 10 minutes looking at a problem that their leaders were supposed to be thinking about for years. And the soccer moms are saying: Drill! Drill! Drill! Bobby, come down off of there! Stop hitting your sister! Where was I? Oh, yeah ... Drill! Drill! Drill!

Consequently, McCain recently switched his position to go along with the centrists. See, that's the downside of having chosen all your political positions by polling centrists: The moment they acquire any knowledge, they'll realize you're an idiot....

Townhall.com Link

GetDrunkandVote4McCain.com The only way I could see myself voting for this constitutional illiterate.

:bow:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: Ann Colter. Hammer. Nail. Head. (again)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 04:22:04 PM »
Off topic but related: I have been thinking about market and it's confusion and bearishness and in my studies I have learned that what the market actually measures is human emotion and this led to the revelation that perhaps the market is in a down turn not because it expects an inevitable Obama presidency but because it sees bad news regardless of if McCainez or the Messiah win?  Because the market values stability and the status quo and pander bears are the opposite of stability although they are kind of status quo, I guess.

Just a thought.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 04:57:51 PM »
It is on a down turn because of the lemming effect urged on by the driveby press. Were the drive by's running articles about how we're succeeding in Iraq (they'd be true, too) and that it was WAY past time to harvest the oil in ANWAR, the Bakken Formations (500 biooion bbls in Wyoning, etc), the Trillion bbls or two of shale oil in the Colorado oil shales and the thoudands of billions of naturat gas (methane) in hydrates under the permafrost and in deep water. That there's 1000 years of energy right there, so GET TO WORK there'd not even be a blip in the market. Moreso if we actually did start to drill and refine.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 09:28:44 AM »
NOW they ****ing tell me!!!!  :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright:

Right after I just prepaid $4.30 a GALLON for heating oil this winter.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford