Author Topic: New Dem Reason to Cut and Run in Iraq : Things are going so well!  (Read 921 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

I saw this mentioned very indirectly on a blog, and I didn't believe it.  So I tracked it down, and
sure enough, it's true.  retirement obviously hasn't made tom daschle any smarter.

WASHINGTON —  The following is a partial transcript of the June 22, 2008, edition of "FOX News Sunday With Chris Wallace":

Joining us now to continue the debate are two national co-chairs of the campaigns who are both being seriously mentioned as possible running mates — former Democratic senator, Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle; and from Erie, Pennsylvania, the former Republican governor of that state and the first secretary of homeland security, Tom Ridge.

And, gentlemen, welcome back to "FOX News Sunday."

FORMER SENATE MAJORITY LEADER TOM DASCHLE: Thank you, Chris. It's good to be back.

WALLACE: Let's begin with national security and the war in Iraq. The lead story in The New York Times yesterday assessed the situation on the ground this way, "Violence in all of Iraq is the lowest since March 2004. The two largest cities, Baghdad and Basra, are calmer than they have been for years. There is a sense that Prime Minister Nouri Kamal al-Maliki's government has more political traction than any of its predecessors."

Senator Daschle, now that we are finally making progress in Iraq, why is Senator Obama still determined to get all of our troops out within 16 months?

DASCHLE: Well, Chris, I think that's the whole question. Why do we need them if things are going this well?

More Transcript

:thatsright:

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't read it.  hell, I'm still not sure if I believe it.

what the  :censored: ing  :censored: ?!?!?