Author Topic: CARDINAL REMOVES PFLEGER FROM CHICAGO PARISH  (Read 2141 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
CARDINAL REMOVES PFLEGER FROM CHICAGO PARISH
« on: June 03, 2008, 08:04:28 PM »
Father Michael Pfleger, the Catholic priest who berated Hillary Clinton from the floor of Barack Obama’s former church, has been removed from his post, at least temporarily, Cardinal Francis George, the Archbishop of Chicago, announced Tuesday.

Pfleger mimicked Clinton while delivering a guest sermon at Trinity United Church of Christ two Sundays ago. He suggested she was shocked that she would be beaten in the Democratic presidential race by a black man.

“To put recent events in some perspective, I have asked Father Michael Pfleger, Pastor of St. Sabina’s Parish, to step back from his obligations there and take leave for a couple of weeks from his pastoral duties, effective today,” Cardinal George said in a statement.

“Fr. Pfleger does not believe this to be the right step at this time. While respecting his disagreement, I have nevertheless asked him to use this opportunity to reflect on his recent statements and actions in the light of the church’s regulations for all Catholic priests. I hope that this period will also be a time away from the public spotlight and for rest and attention to family concerns,” George said, adding that Pfleger is in his prayers.

During the sermon at Trinity United, Pfleger, who is white, mocked Clinton for getting choked up on camera before the New Hampshire primary in January.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/03/cardinal-removes-pfleger-from-chicago-parish/
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: CARDINAL REMOVES PFLEGER FROM CHICAGO PARISH
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 08:07:42 PM »
sucks to be you, phuckstick! :bird:

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 08:08:09 PM »
A good start.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 08:15:14 PM »
It's about time!

Offline Lauri

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 09:24:45 PM »
let's see what happens when the two weeks is up... i read in another article that this particular Father has had a few more run ins with the Diocese in that area.

can you fire a priest?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 09:29:45 PM »
He's doing nothing but pandering black liberals who, if you were to give them 100 acres and a flock of ****ing mules, they'd still demand more.

I don't owe'em a Damn thing. ****'em. Don't like it here, leave. Same with the DUmmies. I'm getting really sick and ****ing tired of this shit.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 09:31:01 PM »
It's a little involved and more than a little difficult, but under certain circumstances they could be removed from the priesthood and excommunicated.

However, even Father Coughlin back in the 1930's and 1940's didn't have that happen to him.  The bishop of Detroit basically ordered him to confine his duties to that of a parish priest.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 06:14:18 AM »
When is the last time you saw a Republican with this problem?

I can't recall. Because you don't see the Republican candidates going into any church no matter what the color of the congregants are...and pander for votes the way that candidates from the Democrat party do.

The only time...it would appear...that the Seperation Clause matters to Dems is when it involves the 10 Comandments or a prayer before a football game.

They tend to forget their own rhetoric when they enter the vestibule and take to the pulpit to campaign.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 06:16:42 AM »
He's doing nothing but pandering black liberals who, if you were to give them 100 acres and a flock of ******* mules, they'd still demand more.

I don't owe'em a Damn thing. ****'em. Don't like it here, leave. Same with the DUmmies. I'm getting really sick and ******* tired of this shit.

Oh honey can you say reparations? Could that be part of the Change Obamalama is talking about?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 08:17:26 AM »
The only time...it would appear...that the Seperation Clause matters to Dems is when it involves the 10 Comandments or a prayer before a football game.

That's the thing. They're the idiots always bitching about the non-existent separation of church and state, yet they're the same ones that abuse it on a consistent basis. All for me, none for thee. Bunch of hypocrites.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline terry

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 08:24:25 AM »

I can't recall. Because you don't see the Republican candidates going into any church no matter what the color of the congregants are...and pander for votes the way that candidates from the Democrat party do.

They tend to forget their own rhetoric when they enter the vestibule and take to the pulpit to campaign.

The radical left seems to believe that replacing religion with politics in a church is fine.   It's ok to bring politics into a church, just don't let any religion out of the church.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 05:15:32 AM »

The radical left seems to believe that replacing religion with politics in a church is fine.   It's ok to bring politics into a church, just don't let any religion out of the church.

It's ok to bring politics into a church if, and only if, the politics are to the left of Stalin and Kim Jong-Il . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.