Author Topic: New from New Jersey  (Read 7419 times)

Offline olde north church

• Don't strive to be liked, strive to be admired.
Re: New from New Jersey
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 08:57:49 AM »
Oh, GOD, not an REO Speedwagon fan.  Please, GOD, no...

It's funny you should say that ...

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 09:04:05 AM »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGgLPriZUSA[/youtube]
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2010, 09:08:12 AM »
Figures that an airedale would like those pickle puffers.

Lemme guess...they were stuck in your record collection with your Erasure CD's, right?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2010, 09:13:12 AM »

They were big here in the 70's , mainly since they were a local band.

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2010, 09:15:18 AM »
Ha! you should try it ...the sweet tartness with the garlicly olive oil is the latest thing in food fusion.

:tongue:

I dated a girl named Rosemary Crackers.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2010, 01:10:22 PM »
Figures that an airedale would like those pickle puffers.

Lemme guess...they were stuck in your record collection with your Erasure CD's, right?

Did I say anything about liking them?? Ummm, NO!! There ya go, trying to think without the proper tools.....

BTW, welcome to the Cave, Olde North Church!!
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline cavegal

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2010, 01:41:07 PM »
Newly minted member, bass fishing, renewed bass player.  turn ons:  the outdoors, pleasant people, old movies ---  turnoffs:  waiting, public transportation, marscapone.
Welcome and Merry Christmas!

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2010, 10:18:31 PM »
Anyone who likes fishing and REO Speedwagon can't be all bad.
And as far as the New Jersey outdoors is concerned, didn't anyone see the episode where Christopher and Paulie tried to dispose of the Russian in the woods? Or when Silvio did dispose of Adriana? Lots of wilderness in New Jersey. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2010, 10:23:15 PM »
And as far as the New Jersey outdoors is concerned, didn't anyone see the episode where Christopher and Paulie tried to dispose of the Russian in the woods? Or when Silvio did dispose of Adriana? Lots of wilderness in New Jersey.

:lmao: 1 of the best Sopranos episodes ever!

That was in the Pine Barrens which is in the Southern part of the State, the NW part of the State is where you have the Mountains and Lakes.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2010, 11:17:58 PM »
:lmao: 1 of the best Sopranos episodes ever!

That was in the Pine Barrens which is in the Southern part of the State, the NW part of the State is where you have the Mountains and Lakes.

You speak as if you've been to "my peninsula"!  Central Jersey has some nice lakes and small rivers.

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2010, 01:47:30 AM »
They were big here in the 70's , mainly since they were a local band.

Yeah, we were tired of 'em before they hit the big time. :yawn:
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2010, 04:04:44 PM »

Unfortunately neither of those episodes were filmed in NJ -- they were filmed in NY because Jersey didn't want to be labeled an "organized crime" state  :lmao:  Apparently it's bad for our image here!  :rotf:  Nooooo, there's no bodies buried in those woods . . .

The woods shown in those episodes are a dead giveaway that it's not in NJ -- we have scrub oak and pine down here in the south and those trees were too big!  The poison ivy that Paulie picked up was dead on though  :-)

And pardon my bad manners, olde north church -- welcome to the Cave!!  As you can probably guess, I'm down in the Pine Barrens in South Jersey or down the Shore (on the weekends during warmer months).  Have fun here!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 04:13:25 PM by njpines »
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2010, 04:22:05 PM »
You speak as if you've been to "my peninsula"!  Central Jersey has some nice lakes and small rivers.

I live in the NW part of the State LOL, as for Central Jersey? we always end up on the Parkway going South so we tend to miss the Central part of the State, we're always along the Ocean.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2010, 04:27:13 PM »
Unfortunately neither of those episodes were filmed in NJ -- they were filmed in NY because Jersey didn't want to be labeled an "organized crime" state  :lmao:  Apparently it's bad for our image here!  :rotf:  Nooooo, there's no bodies buried in those woods . . .

The woods shown in those episodes are a dead giveaway that it's not in NJ -- we have scrub oak and pine down here in the south and those trees were too big!  The poison ivy that Paulie picked up was dead on though  :-)

And pardon my bad manners, olde north church -- welcome to the Cave!!  As you can probably guess, I'm down in the Pine Barrens in South Jersey or down the Shore (on the weekends during warmer months).  Have fun here!

Actually a large part if not most of the Sopranos was filmed in NJ, there was always a write up in our paper telling where filming was going on, and the Pine Barrens episode was filmed in I think Ocean County. I'm a huge Sopranos fan and at least a couple of times a week go past the gas station where Phil was killed in the final season, he was shot then his wife ran the SUV over his head, you can see the Barnes and Noble in the background.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 04:33:57 PM by Ballygrl »

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2010, 04:38:23 PM »
Actually a large part if not most of the Sopranos was filmed in NJ, there was always a write up in our paper telling where filming was going on, and the Pine Barrens episode was filmed in I think Ocean County. I'm a huge Sopranos fan and at least a couple of times a week go past the gas station where Phil was killed in the final season, he was shot then his wife ran the SUV over his head, you can see the Barnes and Noble in the background.

I agree that most of the series was filmed in NJ but the episode entitled "Pine Barrens" was not -- it was filmed in Orange County, NY due to a conflict with South Mountain Reservation in Essex County so the shoot was moved to NY . . .
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2010, 05:03:20 PM »
I agree that most of the series was filmed in NJ but the episode entitled "Pine Barrens" was not -- it was filmed in Orange County, NY due to a conflict with South Mountain Reservation in Essex County so the shoot was moved to NY . . .

Hmm, they have it listed as being filmed in Birch Grove Park in Northfield NJ.

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2010, 05:49:12 PM »
Unfortunately neither of those episodes were filmed in NJ -- they were filmed in NY because Jersey didn't want to be labeled an "organized crime" state  :lmao:  Apparently it's bad for our image here!  :rotf:  Nooooo, there's no bodies buried in those woods . . .

The woods shown in those episodes are a dead giveaway that it's not in NJ -- we have scrub oak and pine down here in the south and those trees were too big!  The poison ivy that Paulie picked up was dead on though  :-)

And pardon my bad manners, olde north church -- welcome to the Cave!!  As you can probably guess, I'm down in the Pine Barrens in South Jersey or down the Shore (on the weekends during warmer months).  Have fun here!

Thanks njpines for the warm welcome.  With the chill outside, every bit helps!  My hometown is actually where the northern reaches of the PB abuts what was farmland when I was growing up but shifted to strip malls and condos more recently. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2010, 06:10:41 PM »
BTW NJ Pines, apologies if I came across as a know it all, that really wasn't my intent, I'm just a huge fan of the show and have seen episodes so many times and did a lot of reading about each episode. So I apologize if that's how I came across.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2010, 07:42:00 PM »
I'm late to the party, but WELCOME. :cheersmate:

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2010, 09:40:18 PM »

You have bodies buried in the woods...

We have nuclear waste buried in the woods down here.....

Wanna trade? :whistling:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2011, 06:36:16 PM »
Just a quick update ... I've been here a couple of weeks and have to say, it's been great so far.  The people are pleasant, no walking on egg shells.  A lot of humor, intelligent, excellent writing skills. 
What a welcoming atmosphere!

Offline true_blood

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2011, 07:30:58 PM »
^^You came to the right place if you're a conservative. :cheersmate:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2011, 07:53:29 PM »
Welcome to CC! Sorry I'm tardy to the party! Enjoy our little home!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle