Author Topic: official nomination thread for Top DUmmies of 2010  (Read 38573 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
official nomination thread for Top DUmmies of 2010
« on: November 22, 2010, 09:28:33 PM »
A most happy and wonderful Thanksgiving to all, when one gives thanks to God for all that one has!

This is the sixth year of the TOP DUmmies OF xxxx, and most already know the way it goes here.  

The ballot, and the rules for voting, will be on the "official voting thread for the TOP DUmmies OF 2010" which quite reasonably is posted after the nominations have closed.

This thread is about nominations only, and will remain open until 11:00 p.m. central time, 10:00 p.m. mountain time, Saturday, December 4, 2010, after which it is locked to further nominations and comments.

The official voting thread will then be launched some time on Sunday, December 5, 2010.

One may make as many nominations as one wishes to make.

It goes without saying that if one explains or describes or analyzes or justifies his nominations--rather than just listing them (which is okay)--the better the chances are that one's primitives are going to pick up votes.

One does not have to make all nominations in only one comment; as this thread runs for ten days, one has a prime opportunity to add, amend, or delete his own nominations at whim.

All nominations must be public nominations, made out in the open for all to see; it is only in the voting that one has a choice between a publicly-seen ballot and a secret ballot.

+ + + + +

Last year, giving into widespread raucous public clamor, we added a new category, the "Lifetime Achievement Award", naming a DUmmie who has done yeoman's work for the good reputation of DUmmieland since its foundation in January 2001.

Since "Lifetime Achievement Award" does considerable wear-and-tear to the keys on the keyboard, this award has now been shortened to the "Willie Award," or simply, the "Willie."

Our esteemed colleague Mr. Wiggum and franksolich chose last year's winner (not because of any anti-democratic motives, but simply because of the constraints of time), the lying tits primitive, the long-mausoleumed "TomInTib" primitive, which proved not a universally-popular decision, as it seems most had preferred the Bostonian Drunkard instead.

The problem was, the Bostonian Drunkard was not even nominated for a Top Primitive of 2009, which was certainly the first time he was ever overlooked in any compilation of the TOP DUmmies.

This year, besides everyone and anyone voting for the TOP DUmmies OF 2010, everyone and anyone will be allowed to nominate and vote for the recipient of the Willie.

+ + + + +

There is a new award this year, too, the "DUmmie Most Likely to Succeed," a take-off on high-school politics--which DUmmie is most likely to succeed at being a DUmmie?

This category will take some rather contorted mental gymnastics, some violent flip-flopping.  

Usually, to succeed at something, if for something good, is praiseworthy.  That is the way it is in the real world.

However, in the kuckenkuckensheim world of the DUmmies, "success" is what passes for "failure" in the real world.

While DUmmies call such of their own "winners," decent and civilized people call them "losers."

And so which DUmmie is most likely to succeed.....in being one of life's losers, because of his irredeemable intolerance, bigotry, Hate, anger, rage, bitterness, wilful ignorance?

As with the Willie, since the "DUmmie Most Likely to Succeed (at being a DUmmie)" wears the ink off the keys on the keyboard, this award is shortened to the "Annie Award," or simply, the Annie.

+ + + + +

If a particular DUmmie wins both a place in the TOP DUmmies OF 2010, and one, or both, of these special awards. launching of the latter for public consumption will be in the order one has been chosen a TOP DUmmie OF 2010.

+ + + + +

As most know, man proposes, God disposes, but anyway, this is the hoped-for schedule:

nominations: Thanksgiving Eve through December 4
voting: December 5 through December 14

Top DUmmies 20-11 launched sometime on Christmas Eve (one thread)

"Mrs. Alfred Packer does Christmas" launched on Christmas Day
the Willie (if not also a TOP DUmmie OF 2010) launched on Christmas Day
the Annie (if not also a TOP DUmmie of 2010) launched on Christmas Day

Top DUmmies 10-2 launched beginning December 26 (separate threads for each) through December 30

The TOP DUmmie OF 2010 launched the afternoon of New Year's Eve

+ + + + +

Now that one's read the long version of the rules, the Reader's Digest condensed version:

(a) nominate primitives for the TOP DUmmies OF 2010
(b) nominate primitives for the Willie and the Annie
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 08:11:18 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: official nomination thread for Top DUmmies of 2010
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 08:19:50 AM »
I'm going to give my nominations in dribbles and drabbles this year.

For starters, and it could not possibly be any different, I nominate Doug's stupid ex-wife, the "EFerrari" primitive, for top primitive.

I promised Chief S itting Bull election night I would nominate him for top primitive, but I changed my mind.

Other than his wistful fantasies about going into the hospitality business, and then later when the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive got all upset and drunk election night, getting beat up by somebody, Redstone hasn't been prominent enough this year to be included among the top primitives of 2010.

If someone else wants to nominate him for top primitive, feel free, but franksolich isn't going to.

However.

However.

However.

There is the "Annie," for the biggest loser ("winner" on Skins's island, loser in the real world).

I thought about the skumbag primitive, the mike_c primitive, the unappellated eohippus, and the Die alte Sau (in whose honor the "Annie" is named), but these primitives are trash; they're the drek primitives, about as worthwhile as what one left in the commode 37 days ago or something.

The "Annie" can cover more than just this year, 2010, anyway.

And in the past years, Chief S itting Bull has proven himself a real loser.

So I'm nominating Redstone for the "Annie."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 08:28:09 AM »
Top DUmmy nominees:

Fat Che's Little Brother, if only because his posts send a thrill up my leg, a la Chris Matthews
w8liftinglady
Redstone
Doug's Stupid Ex-Wife (which, I believe this is self-explanatory)

For the Willie:

proud2blibKansan
Greenbriar, aka DementJeep

For the Annie:

In my mind, the person who personifies the traits we are looking for is none other than Stinky.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 08:35:32 AM »
I think the word you're looking for is Kuckucksheim, or more commonly Wolkenkuckucksheim (Cuckoo-land / Cloud-cuckoo-land).
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 08:38:50 AM »
I think the word you're looking for is Kuckucksheim, or more commonly Wolkenkuckucksheim (Cuckoo-land / Cloud-cuckoo-land).

Wolkenkuckenkuckensheim is the word; I thank you, sir.

I have problems with German portmanteau words; I miss a part or two.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 08:54:10 AM »
For top DUmmies, I'm going to step out of the norm and nominate a group:

The BOG (Barack Obama Group).

These individuals are the "100% Dear Leader can do no wrong" group who spent the year so upset that all the other primitives didn't worship Dear Leader the way they worshipped Dear Leader, they went to their own sub-forum within a group, asked Skin's to re-write the group rules to accommodate their obsession, and then spent their time in there talking about how wonderful their master is, plotting on how to defend their master, and how to confront those who weren't 100% worshippers like them.  As of recent, per a report at another lib website, the BOG's formed their own private website where they could go and speak in secret about their exaulted leader and, one would guess, on how to purify Skin's island of those who aren't as they.

But make no mistake; just because they received their own sanctuary doesn't mean they spent their time there only.  They were often found in GDP (and some GD) posting only 100% worship pieces about Dear Leader, K&Ring each others threads, and attacking in packs anyone who wasn't as fully committed to obedience of Dear Leader as they should be.

The members of this groups include, but is not limited to, FrenchieCat, babylonsister, Cha, ProSense, grantcart, HiFructosePronSyrup, NJmaverick, HughMoran, jefferson_dem, Peacetrain, treestar, RoyGBiv, sandnsea, berni_mccoy, SoxFan, Nicholas D Wolfwood, and others.  A few have been banned over the last 2 or 3 weeks, but the BOG still exists.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=388

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 09:00:30 AM »

Whoa.

Excellent idea; a whole group, rather than having to spend all of one's votes on each of the individual 0bamistas.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 01:20:41 PM »
And a very compelling argument he makes, too.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 03:07:36 PM »
DUmmy nominations... Idiot Beth, BantheGOP, Hawkeye X, ThomfromWV, Hifructosepronsyrup, IanDavid (HATE HIM), MikeCBugman, The Magistrate, CaliPeggy

Willie-Bobbo

Annie LiberalmoronteacherinKansas and Stinky
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 03:11:04 PM »
DUmmy nominations... Idiot Beth, BantheGOP, Hawkeye X, ThomfromWV, Hifructosepronsyrup, IanDavid (HATE HIM), MikeCBugman, The Magistrate, CaliPeggy

Willie-Bobbo

Annie LiberalmoronteacherinKansas and Stinky

Wow, madam.

It's incredible, how we both think so much alike, down to the last detail.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 03:11:36 PM »
Wolkenkuckenkuckensheim is the word; I thank you, sir.

I have problems with German portmanteau words; I miss a part or two.

I recall that was your tagline on freerepublic back in 2005. It fits the DUmmies well.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 03:18:48 PM »
Wow, madam.

It's incredible, how we both think so much alike, down to the last detail.

We are probably related or something.  Being adopted, I can claim kinship to anyone I want to claim.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 03:27:11 PM »
I'll toss out a few that I remembered from the "2010-Posts that stand alone" thread.

PCIntern, AnArmyVeteran, HiFructosePronSyrup, Taverner, MrScorpio
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 03:39:19 PM »
Xultar
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 03:42:37 PM »
Xultar

Yeah, I made sure to nominate her over at our old home.

The old drunken sot was sort of low-level all year long, nothing special, but then her "I hate Republicans" campfire recently certainly makes her top primitivesworthy.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 06:24:29 PM »
Since I'm not as familiar with a lot of the posters I have very little to contribute, but here's my list:

Alan Grayson

Mineral Man (is he the 1 who posted thousands of posts on Free Republic?)

BantheGOP, although I suspect he might be a mole, maybe.

EFerrari.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 06:32:44 PM by Ballygrl »
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 06:29:52 PM »

Very good! :clap:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 07:04:55 PM »
Mineral Man (is he the 1 who posted thousands of posts on Free Republic?)

Yeah, the anti-osteopathic primitive, the "Mineral Man" primitive, is he.

If anyone's in any doubt about definite identity of a particular primitive, feel free to ask; that's what this thread is for.  It happened last year, with the "shadowknows" and "shadow69" primitives, and it's happened other years with the "wilycoyote" and "wiley50" primitives, and the "cali" and "Kali" primitives.

Stupid primitives; never enough imagination to create unusual screen-names for themselves.

That's why franksolich is compelled to re-baptize them, to more accurately reflect their personas.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 07:12:31 PM »
Frank, has Skinner himself ever been nominated? or would that be like rewarding the CEO instead of rewarding those who carry the bricks on their backs?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 07:19:48 PM »
Frank, has Skinner himself ever been nominated? or would that be like rewarding the CEO instead of rewarding those who carry the bricks on their backs?

I think my fellow alum was actually nominated before, when we were at our old home, but I don't recall if he was ever voted a Top DUmmie.

Because my fellow alum's done me favors--the old school tie and all that--I personally hesitate very much to say anything, the least little thing, that puts him in a less-than-flattering light.

But this isn't my message-board--it's everybody's message board--and so if anyone nominates Skins, well, so be it.

However, be aware that if he ends up in the Top 20, I'm the person who has to write about him, and so that would put franksolich in a fine fix indeed.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 07:26:13 PM »
I think my fellow alum was actually nominated before, when we were at our old home, but I don't recall if he was ever voted a Top DUmmie.

Because my fellow alum's done me favors--the old school tie and all that--I personally hesitate very much to say anything, the least little thing, that puts him in a less-than-flattering light.

But this isn't my message-board--it's everybody's message board--and so if anyone nominates Skins, well, so be it.

However, be aware that if he ends up in the Top 20, I'm the person who has to write about him, and so that would put franksolich in a fine fix indeed.

I didn't want to nominate him, I was just curious if he was nominated or is eligible to be in the running. I would hope he wouldn't be nominated then so as not to put you in a compromising situation. BTW Frank, again I have to say you're awesome. :cheersmate:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 07:35:51 PM »
I would hope he wouldn't be nominated then so as not to put you in a compromising situation.

Well, but no, madam.

If you honestly think my fellow alum is top-primitiveworthy, feel free to nominate him.

If Skins ends up in the top twenty, it puts me in a quandary, but as we all know, franksolich is used to quandaries, and it could be quite interesting how it all turns out.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 08:10:42 PM »
Well, but no, madam.

If you honestly think my fellow alum is top-primitiveworthy, feel free to nominate him.

If Skins ends up in the top twenty, it puts me in a quandary, but as we all know, franksolich is used to quandaries, and it could be quite interesting how it all turns out.

I go back and forth, is he the 1 who promotes the insanity amongst his posters? or is he in it to just reap the rewards? if the latter than I definitely say no.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 08:51:21 PM »
nadinbrzezinski, and I'm citing this post for her being top primitive:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9626598#9626612

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 10:10:06 PM »
Top DUmmy nominees:

Fat Che's Little Brother, if only because his posts send a thrill up my leg, a la Chris Matthews
w8liftinglady
Redstone
Doug's Stupid Ex-Wife (which, I believe this is self-explanatory)

For the Willie:

proud2blibKansan
Greenbriar, aka DementJeep

For the Annie:

In my mind, the person who personifies the traits we are looking for is none other than Stinky.
- I definitely agree that w8liftinglady deserves a nod.  The dominatrix turned "veterans advocate"/"editorialist" is so desperate for attention and approval from the other DUmmies that her posts are just pathetic and cringe-worthy.
- I disagree on Stinky, I think he tries way too hard to get mentioned here and that giving him a spot on the list would just encourage him further.  
- I would add Nadinbrzezinski to the list.  Her experience as a medic in Tijuana has apparently made her the final authority on just about everything.  There is literally nothing that she does not know, plus her hubby is a retired squid so she is a military expert as well.  She is an insufferable prick as evidenced by this thread .
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 10:25:10 PM by JakeStyle »