Author Topic: Prominent Republican killed as plane crashes in Lake Twp.  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Prominent Republican killed as plane crashes in Lake Twp.
« on: December 21, 2008, 12:58:02 PM »
OP is a collection of news articles and links to nutter blogs and liberal "news" sites.
Algorem (1000+ posts)      Sat Dec-20-08 12:32 AM
Original message
(Prominent Republican)Pilot killed as plane crashes in Lake Twp. ("Rove's IT consultant")

LAKE TWP.: A single-prop, private airplane crashed next to a vacant house on Charolais Street Northwest Friday evening, exploding into flames and killing the pilot.

Michael Connell, 45, of Bath Township, was alone in the plane, according to State Highway Patrol Lt. Eric Sheppard.

Connell was a prominent Republican political consultant. He founded New Media Communications in Richfield, which developed campaign Web sites for Republican presidential candidate John McCain and President George W. Bush.
dotcosm  (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-20-08 12:36 AM
Response to Original message
1. Perhaps he was carrying the harddrives with all those missing emails?
 wouldn't be surprised
TheEuclideanOne (302 posts)        Sat Dec-20-08 04:15 PM
Response to Reply #1
196. Nice plane ya got. Would be a shame if it encountered some ... errr ... technical...difficulties.
 A real shame, if you know what I mean.
wolfgangmo (267 posts)      Sat Dec-20-08 06:27 PM
Response to Reply #196
226. Remember Paul Wellstone. 
 Does any of this sound familiar?

It does to me. Another man goes down in flames for opposing the criminal mafia in charge of our government and country.

RIP Paul.
CK_John  (1000+ posts)      Sat Dec-20-08 12:42 AM
2. Oh no, this was the guy who setup Rove's offline RIM network(private eMail system) and war room for
 Ohio's vote counting system. Our best chance to nail Rove and Bushco with voting stealing in Ohio.

A voice crying alone in the wilderness... will eventally get the granite pizza:
elocs  (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-20-08 04:43 AM
Response to Reply #3
46. It's funny how if the average John Q Public dies in a small plane crash we have no trouble accepting it as an accident, but if it is a politician, or political figure, or especially a prominent Democrat, then the tinfoil hats come out and the death gets woven into some plot or conspiracy as if these kinds of people are exempt from the types of tragedies that claim lives everyday. The rain falls and the sun shines on both the just and the unjust. Shit can, and does, happen to anyone.

elocs  (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-20-08 11:42 AM
Response to Reply #79
118. Occam's Razor:
 The most simple explanation is preferred and usually true. Occam's Razor states that one should make no more assumptions than needed.

Here at DU assumption is layered upon assumption, and when hoofbeats are heard the first thought is that it must be zebras instead of horses. The vast majority of the time things are exactly what they appear to be, but there are many here who seem to have a need to stroke and nurture their paranoia. It is pointless to pump up Bushco/Neocon/Republicans into some omnipotent big, bad wolf that can do whatever it wants, whenever it wants as we fearfully cower anticipating it's next stroke which we are powerless to stop. They are not.
MADem  (1000+ posts)      Sat Dec-20-08 02:35 PM
Response to Reply #144
164. I think suicide is as likely as murder. But I don't claim to KNOW anything.  Neither does RAW STORY, per the UPDATE on that article.

creeksneakers2  (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-20-08 04:03 PM
Response to Reply #144
189. One reason I doubt Larisa Alexandrova.  She wrote, " I know he was going to DC last night, but I don't know why."

lala_rawraw (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-20-08 04:40 PM
Response to Reply #189
198. Thanks for your input...
 I have no problem with you doubting me at all. The DC part is what I learned early this morning amid the chaos of being told about this. As far as I know, he did land in college park, but to go to DC. He also waited for two hours at the airport because he was waiting for the ice to clear. I don't know these things from him and never claimed to. I am getting this stuff in real time, so information sometimes is not fully detailed or even accurate. Which is why I have been updating it as I learn more. I have a source at the airport there because I have been interested in his movements for a very long time. So on his actual movements, there may be some information that is different at first and then I update it as new information comes in.

As for the rest, there is no doubt as it is based on my experience with the source and others (who are likely not going to talk now).

What I am curious about is why you think he would not tell me anything? I have had more important people tell me things - and on the record - than this guy. As far as I know, I am the only one who found his house, put a note in his mail-box, and took these steps in order to make contact. So who else would these people go to talk to then? No other reporter came looking for them. As I said, I don't mind if you doubt me at all. I just think it is interesting why you do. Thanks for the input.
lala_rawraw (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-20-08 05:08 PM
Response to Reply #201
204. you have no idea what you are talking about
 but by all means, feel free to continue. i won't get into "i know something you don't know" game with you. and as i have said, i have had far more important people than this guy talk to me and on the record. perhaps I am indeed so irrelevant that this guy may have not been open to talking to me if i had not gone to his home. I don't know. or maybe I am significant enough that I helped get a Governor out of jail. whatever the reality, my instinct tells me you are not interested in anything but attacking me for reasons I don't understand - although I have tried to be polite and have asked. so have at it. i have no way of responding to what you ask and you fully seem to understand why.
lala_rawraw (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-20-08 06:14 PM
Response to Reply #218
220. why did you not cut and paste the whole thing?
 I am referring to the activities at the airport, not the rest. Thanks for the suggestion, however.

And the crazy train continues down the tracks... :tinfoil2: :tinfoil2:
defendandprotect  (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-20-08 11:38 PM
Response to Reply #189
240. Microwaves seem to be the way to do the planes lately . . .
 Edited on Sat Dec-20-08 11:39 PM by defendandprotect
Its also puzzling how an act of sabotage would be timed for when the pilot was only a few miles from completing his trip.

And, disorienting the pilot -- knocking out electrical system.

Been a while since I looked at this method --- you'll probably find a lot on internet

about it.

JFK, Jr.....???

Likely -- in that case, fuel supply was turned off in his plane --!!

Don't find accident a valid analysis on this one either ---

My condolences to Mr. Connell's family. 
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Prominent Republican killed as plane crashes in Lake Twp.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 01:55:00 PM »
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 02:15:49 PM »
Sheesh,these folks are beyond insane.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 02:19:04 PM »
I'd like to see how long it lasts in LBN before getting moved to the Dungeon.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 02:27:07 PM »
This is a looooong thread...

Joanne98  (1000+ posts)      Sat Dec-20-08 03:41 PM
183. His wife is still alive. Heather Connell. She cofounded the IT company.  SHE KNOWS!
:overreaction:
sweetroxie  (100 posts)     Sat Dec-20-08 05:44 PM
212. From Larisa Alexandrovna
 http://www.atlargely.com/2008/12/one-of-my-sources-died...

One of my sources died in a plane crash last night...
UPDATED BELOW (1, 2, and 3) Scroll down

I don't usually reveal sources, but I think this is incredibly important. Michael Connell died in a plane crash last night. He was a key witness in the Ohio election fraud case that I have been reporting on. More importantly, however, he had information that he was ready to share.
Ysabela (13 posts)      Sat Dec-20-08 06:07 PM
219. Yet another assassination. *sigh* k/r

valerief  (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-20-08 06:18 PM
223. The email guy? I wonder if he was conveniently disposed of.

RandomThoughts (475 posts)        Sat Dec-20-08 08:01 PM
236. Could be faked death to allow new identity and relocation also, A bit tin foil hat, but it is possible.

ohio2007 (1000+ posts)      Sun Dec-21-08 11:38 AM
Response to Reply #246
247. the tin foilers live for moments like these
 a chance to bump Chicago politics off the front page.

That governor Blagojevich coverage was getting stale

faygokid  (1000+ posts)        Sun Dec-21-08 02:54 PM
Response to Reply #247
250. "Tin foilers?" When BradBlog reported that he was threatened by Rove?  Speculating on this is hardly a "tin foil" moment, given the background here.
:mental:

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 02:41:29 PM »
I posted this yesterday. Coincidence or not?  :evillaugh:

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 03:40:38 PM »
The Illuminati killed John Denver and Payne Stewart.  :bawl:

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 04:18:54 PM »
The Illuminati killed John Denver and Payne Stewart.  :bawl:
Don't forget Buddy Holly and Lynyrd Skynyrd.......commie bastards. :-)
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 04:26:16 PM »
I have been reading that thread -- O M G, those people are nut cases.

And of course, not a peep about the trail of dead bodies left by the clinton administration.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 04:42:11 PM »
I have been reading that thread -- O M G, those people are nut cases.

Especially lala_rawraw, the dumb Ukrainian blonde.

You might recall that during Doug's ex-wife's mischief of three and a half years ago, lala_rawraw went running all over the place, saying the whole deal was a George Bush-Department of Defense-Central Intelligence Agency conspiracy, to destroy a round red-headed guy.

She was so off-base she even accused a nice guy of being on the Department of Defense payroll, a nice guy who was a bona fide inhabitant of Skins's island, and who had as much to do with any governmental agency as franksolich does with Penn State football.

She made allegations that kept one laughing for weeks and months.

Among the lesser ones that franksolich was "the key to the whole thing," the brain, the mastermind, the boss, when franksolich was nothing of the sort, not even close.

After Doug's ex-wife's mischief got old and boring, I contacted lala_rawraw, offering to give her all the details of what really happened, so as to put "closure" on the whole nonsense.

The dumb Ukrainian blonde is supposed to be an "investigative reporter," remember, and here she was being offered a cornucopia of bona fide, verifiable information from one who was actually there, involved up to his neck in things.

The dumb Ukrainian blonde never got back to me.

So much for "investigative reporting."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 04:47:29 PM »
The dumb Ukrainian blonde is supposed to be an "investigative reporter," remember, and here she was being offered a cornucopia of bona fide, verifiable information from one who was actually there, involved up to his neck in things.

The dumb Ukrainian blonde never got back to me.

So much for "investigative reporting."

Yeah, but she's an "investigative reporter" for Raw Story. :whatever:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 04:49:43 PM »
vanboggie  (1000+ posts)      Sat Dec-20-08 12:55 AM
4. Murdering Turdblossom & BFEE strike again.  God these are evil bastards. 

halo experiment (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-20-08 12:59 AM
6. This country is looking more and more like Pinochet's Chile.

HEyHEY (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-20-08 02:20 AM
Response to Reply #6
27. The aviation inspectors sucked there too?

grytpype  (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-20-08 01:14 AM
7. Obama's Justice Department had better investigate this!

:lmao: Hi-5 to HEyHEY for injecting a little bit of reality into an otherwise ridiculous thread.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 04:51:14 PM »
Darth Cheney and the VRWC Death Ray strike again lala... :lmao:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 04:53:29 PM »
Investigative until the truth which she doesn`t like is shown to her that is.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 04:55:20 PM »
Yeah, but she's an "investigative reporter" for Raw Story. :whatever:

What IS the latest on Bat Boy?  He should be in High School about now...

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 05:13:37 PM »
What IS the latest on Bat Boy?  He should be in High School about now...

Surely you mean the sensitive lad, the piano-playing primitive, the "Goodboy" primitive.

After he lost his job selling sheet-music in a store--oh, about three, maybe a little more than that, years ago--his affluent parents gave him money so he could run away to Lithuania or Latvia or something like that, where he ended up playing the piano in gay bars and some Russian stole his passport.

Then he went back to Ohio, and seems to have evaporated, excepting that every July 7th (or whatever the Hell the date is; it's been so long ago, so much water under the dam), he shows up on Skins's island to lament a certain now-forgotten red round one.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 05:26:13 PM »
Surely you mean the sensitive lad, the piano-playing primitive, the "Goodboy" primitive.

After he lost his job selling sheet-music in a store--oh, about three, maybe a little more than that, years ago--his affluent parents gave him money so he could run away to Lithuania or Latvia or something like that, where he ended up playing the piano in gay bars and some Russian stole his passport.

Then he went back to Ohio, and seems to have evaporated, excepting that every July 7th (or whatever the Hell the date is; it's been so long ago, so much water under the dam), he shows up on Skins's island to lament a certain now-forgotten red round one.

No I mean this guy:

Raw Story has all the chops of WWN.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 05:27:02 PM »
Oh.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 05:28:40 PM »
Oh.

But thanks for the update -- your encyclopedic knowledge of the pimitives is always enjoyable to behold :)