Author Topic: Someone's been in a coma since Nov. 1  (Read 952 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Someone's been in a coma since Nov. 1
« on: December 20, 2008, 12:05:11 PM »
dkf  (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-20-08 05:35 PM

Original message
Why can't we just take out Prop 8 in the next election?
 Isn't that more productive than all this anti-Warren stuff?

It seems like wasted energy to me.

Does anyone know if there are current polls regarding support for the measure?

Um, yeah, there was a poll taken about 8 weeks ago. It was sort of an OFFICIAL poll, too. In a nutshell, more people don't want homos marrying than do want homos marrying.

Look into it.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: Someone's been in a coma since Nov. 1
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 12:29:28 PM »
You know, I seriously don't get the level of outrage at Rick Warren. Like millions and millions of other Americans, he doesn't believe in gay marriage. A preacher that doesn't think gays should marry, what a concept. It's not like he's a Unitarian. The people of CA, in the privacy of their voting booth voted against gay marriage. While the government of the state is doing their best to ignore the will of the people and the courts will probably force them to put it on the ballot a half dozen more times, it has nothing to do with who says the invocation at the inauguration.

Sheesh, their side won and they're still acting like junior high drama queens. I don't think they have the maturity to marry. Adults dust themselves off and go on about their lives. They live the best life they can and go out and fight again for causes they believe in.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 12:44:31 PM »
You know, I seriously don't get the level of outrage at Rick Warren. Like millions and millions of other Americans, he doesn't believe in gay marriage. A preacher that doesn't think gays should marry, what a concept. It's not like he's a Unitarian. The people of CA, in the privacy of their voting booth voted against gay marriage. While the government of the state is doing their best to ignore the will of the people and the courts will probably force them to put it on the ballot a half dozen more times, it has nothing to do with who says the invocation at the inauguration.

Sheesh, their side won and they're still acting like junior high drama queens. I don't think they have the maturity to marry. Adults dust themselves off and go on about their lives. They live the best life they can and go out and fight again for causes they believe in.

Cindie

I have said this a hundred times, but here it is again: replace "gay marriage" with "abortion," and the stupid bastard liberals would change direction completely, the bastard hypocrites. Suppose Californians voted to legalize abortion, and the California Supreme Court said, "nope, sorry, don't like that outcome," and voted to make abortion illegal. Suppose Californians voted AGAIN to legalize abortion.  Do you think liberals would want the Court to intervene again? Um, no. It would be the "will of the people."

To me, Prop 8 is not about homo marriage at all. It's about judges ignoring public opinion and drafting their own public policy from the bench. If liberals succeed in getting the vote of the people ignored, I don't want to hear shit from them when another Supreme Court decides to outlaw abortion (which will happen, someday).

We can count on four years of this sort of comedy: every single day that they don't get everything they ever wanted on a silver platter is threadbait for at least a week. The Doppler effect (DUppler effect? [all rights reserved, BFDU, 2008]) should be interesting, and humorous.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 12:47:32 PM »

Cindie

That pretty well sums up a DUmmy,emotionally immature and unwilling to do anything other then throw a tantrum demanding that what they want be given to them.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 11:16:09 PM »
Don't confuse being in a coma with being a brain-dead vegetable.  The former is usually curable.  The latter is your average DUmp monkey.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 06:48:04 AM »

We can count on four years of this sort of comedy:

Four?  Primitives already consider BO will be president for the next 8.