Author Topic: Question for lurking DUmmies about today's auto bailout  (Read 978 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Question for lurking DUmmies about today's auto bailout
« on: December 19, 2008, 10:47:29 PM »
Lurking DUmmies,

You guys must have had five thousand posts about the absolute necessity of saving the Big Three. You railed against Southern senators. You said they were trying to break the unions. You said there would be a second Great Depression.  The bailout was the most necessary piece of legislation in history.

But today, George W. Bush singlehandedly bailed out GM and Chrysler. He saved the unions. He saved jobs. He stood up to the Southern senators.

He should be your hero.

So I ask: WHY ISN'T THERE MORE THAN ONE OR TWO THREADS ABOUT THE BAILOUT ON DU?

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Question for lurking DUmmies about today's auto bailout
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 04:30:53 AM »
Lurking DUmmies,

You guys must have had five thousand posts about the absolute necessity of saving the Big Three. You railed against Southern senators. You said they were trying to break the unions. You said there would be a second Great Depression.  The bailout was the most necessary piece of legislation in history.

But today, George W. Bush singlehandedly bailed out GM and Chrysler. He saved the unions. He saved jobs. He stood up to the Southern senators.

He should be your hero.

So I ask: WHY ISN'T THERE MORE THAN ONE OR TWO THREADS ABOUT THE BAILOUT ON DU?

H5 for the question!  I'm awaiting, say, the shark-eaten primitive (after all, he is the second-most decorated SEAL in history), or one of the condemned prisoner-lover primitives, to come over here and enlighten us.

I figure that I'll be waiting a looooooooonnnnggg time.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 11:07:38 AM »
I think that the DUmmies with half a brain figured out that the 12B GWB provided is only enough to "kick the can down the road" and place the issue firmly in the middle of the messiah's plate next year.

YMMV

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 11:16:07 AM »
I think that the DUmmies with half a brain figured out that the 12B GWB provided is only enough to "kick the can down the road" and place the issue firmly in the middle of the messiah's plate next year.

YMMV

doc

I think the amt was just an opening amount.  No sense in giving them the full amt until they show they will at least attempt to comply with the unenforceable conditions they agreed too.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 12:29:42 PM »
I think the amt was just an opening amount.  No sense in giving them the full amt until they show they will at least attempt to comply with the unenforceable conditions they agreed too.

To a DUmmy, American automakers exist for exactly one reason: to provide high-paying jobs to union members who would otherwise be flipping burgers. That's it. That's all there is to it. It doesn't matter if the cars are any good, or if anyone wants to buy them. The entire purpose of the Big Three automakers, as far as a liberal is concerned, is to write paychecks to hourly workers in perpetuity. The unions have proven that they would rather have 100% of nothing than 90% of what they have now, too.

The only reason the Big Three are headed for extinction is the greedy ****heads in the union halls, not the greedy bastards in the boardroom. If I hear one more liberal squawk about a $500,000 salary when GM is losing $2B a quarter, I'm going to lose it.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 12:56:56 PM »
They think that every job should be a union one but they still will want their foreign made computers that are only a few hundred dollars to buy.

Hypocrits and idiots.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 03:14:40 PM »

To a DUmmy, American automakers exist for exactly one reason: to provide high-paying jobs to union members who would otherwise be flipping burgers. That's it. That's all there is to it. It doesn't matter if the cars are any good, or if anyone wants to buy them. The entire purpose of the Big Three automakers, as far as a liberal is concerned, is to write paychecks to hourly workers in perpetuity. The unions have proven that they would rather have 100% of nothing than 90% of what they have now, too.

The only reason the Big Three are headed for extinction is the greedy ****heads in the union halls, not the greedy bastards in the boardroom. If I hear one more liberal squawk about a $500,000 salary when GM is losing $2B a quarter, I'm going to lose it.

When I had just gotten out of the service there was a refinery where I lived on strike for higher wages. They were hiring folks for about 2.5 times less then the strikers were paid but still pretty damn good money for the time. I asked the guy what percentage of the 350 people they were hiring stood a chance of getting to stay on the job once the strike was over. he replied zero. I didn't take the job. I got a job installing telephone systems instead. Didn't pay as much but 2 months later when the strike ended I still had a job.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.