Author Topic: primitives raise their hands  (Read 730 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives raise their hands
« on: December 18, 2008, 11:25:40 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4674783

Autonomy (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 10:42 AM
Original message

Raise your hand if...you're a Harvard Law grad and were first Black editor of the law review, who eschewed a lucrative career to advocate for the poor, then rose through the political ranks to become the first Black president of the United States by an overwhelming electoral margin in one of the shortest time spans in U.S. history.

I just want a reality check regarding the presidential qualifications of those posting on this website, so that I can determine how to compare their opinion versus that of Barack Obama.

Thanks!

:hand conspicuously not raised:

I dunno.  The autonomous primitive forgot to mention 0bama's white grandmother.

GreenPartyVoter  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 10:46 AM
Response to Original message

1. He's not a king and he can still make bad decisions. I'm just saying let's not put him on a pedestal with the "He knows better than we do so let's just shut the heck up" stuff.

Yes, I am sure he knows a heck of a lot given the resources and teams he has to work with but that still doesn't preclude him from making a bad decision, which is why some of us are concerned (yes, I said it ) about some of his decisions.

Autonomy (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 10:59 AM
Response to Reply #1

2. But it's not him I am wondering about it's you. I know his qualifications. What are yours? If I am going to accept a policy or political position from someone, I want to know his or her qualifications first. We asked no less of him.

GreenPartyVoter  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 11:03 AM
Response to Reply #2

3. Just because I am not a Harvard grad I don't get to question him on his iffy choices?

Yeah, I get it, he knows more than I do but does that really mean I and many other DUers know nothing? We have nothing to contribute after casting our ballots? How is this still America if that's the way things work?

You got it, babe.

Autonomy (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 11:31 AM
Response to Reply #3

5. Do whatever you want

I want to have all the facts, including who's is saying what, before I decide between you and Barack Obama.

Coyote_Bandit  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 11:18 AM

4. Ummmm......

I learned a long time ago that putting other people on a pedestal almost always results in disappointment. Others are neither inferior or superior to me. We are equals. I don't have any beef with Obama but that does not mean I will not question his decisions and policies.

FWIW, I am more educated than Obama. I have a law degree and two master's degrees. And I've been published. Not that any of that should make a damn bit of difference whether or not my opinion has any value.

Yeah, yeah, we know.  DUmmies lie; all the time, DUmmies lie.

After which a dysfunctional obtuse intellectual argument ensues; never mind.

Tierra_y_Libertad  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 11:37 AM

8. This is a democracy of the people, not the "experts". 

We hire politicians to work for us, and when they fail to do so, it is our responsibility to hold them accountable..no matter what their "qualifications".

winter999 (413 posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 11:54 AM
Response to Reply #8

11. That's right. In this country, you don't have to be an "expert" (whatever that means) to have a political opinion. An informed opinion is gold, but because we're a Democracy, by definition, we all have political opinions. Now let's see if Mr. Obama's ears are more open than those this last decade.

And they're such big ears, too, such monstrously big ears.

oktoberain  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 11:53 AM

10. My qualifications? I am an American citizen.

I have worked and paid the taxes that keep this nation going, and that pay the salaries of people like Obama. I have a Constitutional right to vote, and I exercised it when I, along with millions of others, chose to HIRE Barack Obama as our nation's next Executive. He submitted his name for consideration, but ultimately, the decision belonged to We The People. And now that we have hired him, it is both our right and our duty to collectively oversee and comment upon what he does, including giving him feedback (both directly and indirectly) in order to ensure that he is doing his job in the best possible way.

This is a democratic republic, not a monarchy. We question our leaders here. If you choose not to listen, or to exercise your own right to *refrain* from questioning--why should we care? By right of birth, I don't have to justify my political opinions, or temper them unnecessarily, just because someone else disagrees with me. What are YOUR credentials? What authority do YOU have to imply that your fellow American citizens are not "qualified" enough to publicly question and/or disagree with what their President does?

I suspect the primitives are being given orders to shut up and take whatever the 0bamareich's going to shove down their throats; the leader knows all, or at least more than what the primitives on Skins's island know.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
Re: primitives raise their hands
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 11:32:08 AM »
Autonomy sounds like a Harvard man.

You can always tell a Harvard man.... but you can't tell him much.   :lmao:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 11:35:18 AM »
Ah, those are premium Presidential qualifications to a Democrat?  That explains a lot.

:mental:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 11:49:58 AM »
Funny how they think they are all qualified at something...too bad reality shows otherwise...but the Governor of Alaska wasn`t.

Imbecilic idiocy would be defined with a link to the DUmp.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 11:51:53 AM »
Funny how they think they are all qualified at something...too bad reality shows otherwise...but the Governor of Alaska wasn`t.

Imbecilic idiocy would be defined with a link to the DUmp.

Imbecilic Idiocy --------> Defined   :-)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 12:09:28 PM »
Autonomy (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 10:42 AM
Original message

Raise your hand if...you're a Harvard Law grad and were first Black editor of the law review,

Are you speaking in reference to Barak Hussein Obama?  I don't know if he is eligible to raise his hand.  His education records are sealed and, because of such, are under suspicion.

who eschewed a lucrative career to advocate for the poor,

But ended up in a million dollar mansion anyway?

then rose through the political ranks to become the first Black president of the United States by an overwhelming electoral margin

You mean by that same slim margin Prop 8 in California past?

in one of the shortest time spans in U.S. history.

Not really...check out the rise of John F. Kennedy.  The stench will be very similar.

I just want a reality check regarding the presidential qualifications of those posting on this website, so that I can determine how to compare their opinion versus that of Barack Obama.

Thanks!

Wouldn't you rather have a close look at the qualification of Barak Hussein Obama first?  It is something we have all been denied.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 03:01:45 PM »
I hope that DUmmy has never said anything about W, because I am pretty sure he has never flown a fighter jet, nor governed a large state and a republic.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 03:16:58 PM »
Quote from:
Harvard Law grad ..... editor of the law review .... rose through the political ranks

I suppose if you went over there and mentioned that the reason he got into Columbia and Harvard and became the law review editor and rose up in the political ranks had nothing to do with his ability or intelligence but rather he was promoted because of his race they'd be upset and TS you.

Just a guess on my part about the upset and TSing you thingy.  An accurate guess, nevertheless, but a guess.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.