Author Topic: mountain man primitive the weakest link  (Read 582 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
mountain man primitive the weakest link
« on: December 18, 2008, 10:20:17 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4674896

Oh my.

The Kennedy-worshipping mountain man primitive:

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 11:03 AM
Original message

A layman's search for the weakest link

I am not trying to pretend that I understand the structure of power in our Government but in trying to see the future it seems to work something like this.

Nancy Pelosi will be OK in the House where the need for a simple majority will allow an at least moderately progressive agenda to move forward.

The Senate is a different matter in that enough Republicans remain to bring any bill to an immediate halt; so draconian leadership might not be a bad thing here.

Obama can't sign anything into law if it can't get to him and the Court is destined to improve as a Democratic President makes his appointments.

So from this little guy's point of view it would seem its all on Harry Reid's shoulders, and to be quite honest about it I don't see him as the right guy to find a way to really bust Republican heads in the Senate and without that I don't see much of a future for any progressive initiatives. Harry is the weak link.

Glorfindel  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 11:06 AM
Response to Original message

1. I agree; he's a spineless twerp

I wish the Democrats would replace him.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: mountain man primitive the weakest link
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 10:27:37 AM »
Glorfindel  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 11:06 AM
Response to Original message

1. I agree; he's a spineless twerp

I wish the Democrats would replace him

Not to worry,after 4 (maybe even 2) years of the obamanation I think there is a very good chance he will be replaced.......and not by dems.  :-)