Author Topic: primitives continue to be uproariously outrageously outraged  (Read 527 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives continue to be uproariously outrageously outraged
« on: December 18, 2008, 10:08:19 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7996623

Oh my.

You know, this can get pretty old pretty fast, this controversy about some minister from California praying at the 0baminauguration.

There's people who count, and people who don't count.

Why the primitives have the audacity to think they count, escapes me.

jakem  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 09:57 AM
Original message

I am outraged at the outrage about my outrage regarding outrageous things...

I could give a **** about whether Warren is allowed to speak.

Give it a rest folks. Obama is just giving the rest of us a bathroom break during Warren.

The game plan (in case you missed it) is result oriented. Not ideological.

If the results don't follow, THEN be pissed.

The methamphetimine primitive:

merh  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 10:12 AM
Response to Reply #4

6. The future for this board frightens me

the nation, with Obama as president, not so much.

Folks are too accustomed to bitching and have forgotten what it is like to trust the president.

And it is only beginning.

antifaschits  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 10:29 AM
Response to Reply #6

14. true, but unless we continue to push for and pursue progressive agendas he won't go in that direction. Roosevelt provided the perfect example: If you want something, force me to do it. The same applies here.

merh  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 10:39 AM
Response to Reply #14

21. I have no problems with that - once he is in office - all this bitching before he does anything is nuts.

chascarrillo (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 10:03 AM
Response to Original message

2. Pathetic.

nxylas  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 10:04 AM

3. I know, it's only a frigging invocation

From all the exploding heads around here, you'd think Obama was making Warren the Attorney General or something.

pipi_k  (901 posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 10:37 AM
Response to Reply #8

18. It's not apathy, it's called prioritizing

Are you unemployed? Homeless or on the verge of being homeless?

Without affordable healthcare?

Don't know where your next meal might come from?

Or have some other really serious personal issues that could be more important, in the long run, than who speaks during the inauguration?

If you're not, then count yourself lucky enough to have the luxury of being outraged over this whole thing.

Which really is your choice. I mean, if being outraged over this is what you want to do, it's no skin off my nose.

I just think it's sort of pointless, is all.

Apparently it's no skin off 0bama's nose either.

RandomKoolzip (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 10:44 AM
Response to Reply #18

23. Some people just had their civil rights taken away, making them officially second class citizens. If you don't realize the significance of that, and DON'T see it as an urgent, looming problem, then you need to start developing some more empathy. The ******* president - the one we all worked our asses off for - seems to have no problem with declaring GLBTers second-class citizens, either, judging by the Warren decision, the McClurkin decision, and his ambiguity on the issue of GLBT civil rights.

For millions of Americans, this is JUST as urgent, if not more, as unemployment, financial ruin, and health care. If it were YOUR rights that were erased overnight, you might see it from a different perspective.

Hmmm.  Somebody take somebody's civil rights away?

How come franksolich is always the last to know?

pipi_k  (901 posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 10:32 AM

16. Exactly what I said this morning during breakfast.

Would people here be this outraged if Bush had chosen an Atheist to speak in 2001 and 2005? Atheists are viewed by many Christians as being nearly the same hateful creatures that homophobes and "Pro Lifers" are

Probably most of the people now having hissy fits over Rick Warren speaking would have had something quite different to say had Bush asked an Atheist to give some sort of invocation at both of his "inaugurations" and the Fundy-nuts and other crazies came out with all this outrage over a guy who doesn't share their ideology (GASP!!!!) giving a speech...

It's a ******* speech, for Pete's sake

I'll bet there are actually people out there who would gladly go and listen to Rick Warren speak if it meant they'd get their jobs, homes, and healthcare back. Priorities matter....

bigscott  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 10:35 AM
Response to Reply #16

17. sadly

it is more than just a speech. it is symbolic. Perhaps straight people can't quite get it because Warren does not have a problem with you having basic rights.

Whatever - like the good little faggot you seem to want me to be, i will stop making a big deal of just a "******* speech"

peace

pipi_k  (901 posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 10:51 AM
Response to Reply #17

25. Peace????

You accuse me of some pretty nasty things, then sign out with "peace"?

Let me tell you something sweetie...

I don't want ANYONE to be a "good little faggot" as you put it, so don't run around inflicting your martyrdom issues on other people.

In case you didn't notice, I live in Massachusetts...first state in the Union to legalize gay marriage. When it happened, I applauded. I am *******ed PROUD to live in this state.

And while Rick Warren is Anti-choice, and I am female, though a few years past child bearing age, I still have daughters and stepdaughters... granddaughters...friends...who would be affected by Anti-choice bullshit. Do I want them to have to resort to back street abortions or DIY wire coathanger surgery if it became necessary? NO.

Rick Warren is probably the epitome of everything I find offensive.

But it's a *******ed speech.

You are free to respond to whatever symbolism you perceive in his speech.

But you are NOT free to accuse me...or anyone else, for that matter...of being against basic rights just because we don't give a shit who gives the stinking invocation.

heraldsqure (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 10:47 AM

24. This is an act in and of itself.

Yeah, and I'm sure that even the primitives are going to get indignant-gay-fatigued, and the whining gay primitives are going to go off and sulk on the edge of Skins's island, nobody paying attention to them any more.

One can be too much of a drama-queer, er, queen.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

Re: primitives continue to be uproariously outrageously outraged
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 10:22:12 AM »
pipi_k  (901 posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 10:51 AM
Response to Reply #17

In case you didn't notice, I live in Massachusetts...first state in the Union to legalize gay marriage. When it happened, I applauded. I am *******ed PROUD to live in this state.

This statement is hilarious!  It makes it sound as if the good folks of Massachusetts got together and decided homosexuals "marrying" each other should be the law of the state.  Now, we all know that ain't what happened.  We all also know the radical liberals have to fight tooth'n nail to keep the homosexual "marriage" issue from being allowed a place on a ballot in Massachusetts because the liberals know the law would be defeated.

Yeah, Little Goon, be damn proud to live in a state where your pet issue was forced down the population's throat.  I can see how you, being a Little Goon, would be proud.  But be honest (HA!).  Massachusetts homosexual"marriage" law did not come about through the will of the people.

Online jukin

Re: primitives continue to be uproariously outrageously outraged
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 10:57:09 AM »
In case you didn't notice, I live in Massachusetts...first state in the Union to unconstitutionally judicially mandate gay marriage. When it happened, I applauded. I am *******ed PROUD to live in this state.

FIXORD!!!!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.