Current Events > Economics

American Executive Compensation Vs. Foreign Executive Compensation

(1/2) > >>

Chris_:
Video Link

Japanese CEO, of one of the top ten airlines in the world.  Earns $90,000 a year, takes public busses to work, eats lunch in the office cafeteria, etc.

RightCoast:
Faux covered some of this yesterday...I don't remember the exact figures but it was something to the effect of the top 25 executives of Toyota combined - who is showing profit - make less the the CEO's of ford/ gm who are both showing huge losses.

Chris_:
So what is the point?

These guys might be overpaid but the shareholders allow it.

Jim:
Got to remember that Japanese companies would be nowhere without direct government involvement.

And does this 90k include the perks ?  90K won't pay for the golf and blowfish much less the concubines.

I'm not really buying it.

djones520:

--- Quote from: Jim on November 23, 2008, 07:09:33 PM ---Got to remember that Japanese companies would be nowhere without direct government involvement.

And does this 90k include the perks ?  90K won't pay for the golf and blowfish much less the concubines.

I'm not really buying it.

--- End quote ---

Totally.  Japanese cost of living is much higher then our own.  The US was paying me almost 10 grand a year extra just to make sure we could make ends meet over there.  I don't see the top exec of JAL only making 90K a year when I have a friend who worked in a chemical plant making almost that much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version