Current Events > Politics

Grassley Running Again

(1/3) > >>

Eupher:
This desiccated old geezer (88 years old) is so intent on holding power that he creates photo ops of him running.

Uh, yeah. About 3 steps.  :yawn:

OK, Chuck. Kudos to you for getting out of the rack and lining up for the photo op.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/09/24/grassley-makes-4-am-political-announcement-n2596430?utm_campaign=rightrailsticky2

Ralph Wiggum:

--- Quote from: Eupher on September 24, 2021, 07:37:41 AM ---This desiccated old geezer (88 years old) is so intent on holding power that he creates photo ops of him running.

Uh, yeah. About 3 steps.  :yawn:

OK, Chuck. Kudos to you for getting out of the rack and lining up for the photo op.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/09/24/grassley-makes-4-am-political-announcement-n2596430?utm_campaign=rightrailsticky2

--- End quote ---

To be honest, he's far more lucid than Sleepy Joe and almost a decade older.  He was first elected to the U.S. Senate when I was in elementary school.

Certainly not a conservative firebrand, but that's what Iowa Senator Joni Ernst does quite effectively.  Last I heard the only Democrat challenging him is a nutjob who just lost her congressional seat in 2020.  (Abby Finkenauer, I believe)

Don't want to seem hypocritical by defending a fossil such as Grassley, but given that Biden's approval rating in Iowa is currently at 31%, I'm sure Chuck should win rather handily.

Eupher:

--- Quote from: Ralph Wiggum on September 24, 2021, 08:02:36 AM ---To be honest, he's far more lucid than Sleepy Joe and almost a decade older.  He was first elected to the U.S. Senate when I was in elementary school.

Certainly not a conservative firebrand, but that's what Iowa Senator Joni Ernst does quite effectively.  Last I heard the only Democrat challenging him is a nutjob who just lost her congressional seat in 2020.  (Abby Finkenauer, I believe)

Don't want to seem hypocritical by defending a fossil such as Grassley, but given that Biden's approval rating in Iowa is currently at 31%, I'm sure Chuck should win rather handily.

--- End quote ---

Grassley must've had an off day on the questioning he conducted of somebody-or-other a couple months ago. Slow, halting, unsure of himself. I attributed that to his age.

A bar of soap lying in a bathtub is more lucid than Gropey Joe ever thought about being.

That said, the ONLY reason somebody hangs on to public office at the age of 88 is because of the constant thirst for power. Grassley is no different than Strom Thurmond in that respect. Nancy Pelousy is 80; McConnell is 79 and has held his seat in the Senate since 1985. Power mongers all.

DLR Pyro:
Our government resembles the soviet politiburo of the 1980 era that was full of worn out old men who couldn't give up their power and perks.

old dog 2:
All of these old geezers will eventually leave office (ballot box or grim reaper) multi-millionaires after their decades of "public service".

Term limits won't help, they'll just accelerate packing their golden parachutes.  An informed electorate is needed.  Don't hold your breath.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version