Author Topic: This 900-person delta cluster in Mass. has CDC freaked out--74% are vaccinated  (Read 516 times)

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
LiberalArkie (14,294 posts)

This 900-person delta cluster in Mass. has CDC freaked out--74% are vaccinated
An analysis of a COVID-19 cluster of around 900 people in Massachusetts—74 percent of whom are vaccinated—is among the alarming data that spurred the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to reverse course on masks this week.

According to an internal CDC document first obtained by The Washington Post, data on the Provincetown, Massachusetts, cluster showed that vaccinated people carried surprisingly high levels of the delta coronavirus in their noses and throats. More importantly, vaccinated people were found to be spreading the dangerous virus variant to other vaccinated people. Nationwide, the CDC estimated that there are 35,000 symptomatic breakthrough infections per week among 162 million fully vaccinated Americans.

The CDC document overall highlights that delta is extremely contagious—much more so than previous versions of the virus, as well as the common cold or even the seasonal flu. Delta is more in line with the contagiousness of chickenpox, the CDC document said.

US officials should acknowledge that with delta dominating the country, "the war has changed," the document read. Officials who spoke with the Post say that the analyses and the urgency the document contains are what prompted the CDC to reverse its masking guidance earlier this week. The CDC now recommends indoor masking, regardless of vaccination status, in schools, in areas with "high" or substantial" COVID-19 transmission, or when there's contact with vulnerable people, such as unvaccinated children or immunocompromised people.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215680737
This gem is the latest hair on fire, we need masks forever or we all gonna die freak out from the DUmmies. Of course, none of them seem to quite know exactly what happened here and it's amusing  :panic:
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline landofconfusion80

Interesting that vaccinated people are more susceptible to delta variant than unvaccinated people
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DUmpsterDiver

The city slicker DU keyboard Warriors are afraid to come out and play.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
We knew about the delta variant for MONTHS before it got here. Why didn’t Biden take action and keep it out?

Isn’t that what the DUmmies claim Trump should have done?

We’re all going to die and it’s Biden’s fault. He let the most contagious variant in.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline landofconfusion80

Approval ratings go down, masks come out
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Approval ratings go down, masks come out

Yup. The leftists don't want approval (or at least that's what they'll say); they want your OBEDIENCE.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DLR Pyro

LiberalArkie (14,294 posts)

This 900-person delta cluster in Mass.

another large delta cluster is coming to Massachusetts this weekend...
Former president Barack Obama turns 60 on Wednesday — and he’s celebrating the occasion with a celebrity-studded birthday party this weekend at his family’s oceanfront estate on Martha’s Vineyard.

Axios reported Sunday that 475 guests — including friends, family, and former Obama aides — are expected to attend the party, in addition to upwards of 200 staff who are working the event.
https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2021/08/02/barack-obama-marthas-vineyard-birthday-party-60/

Narcissistic asshole
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 05:58:41 PM by DLR Pyro »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020