Author Topic: Part of me wants to get another covid shot. I got Moderna in Feb and March  (Read 480 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215673763

These people are seriously mentally ill.  "Why don't they force everyone to wear 6 masks and get a shot a week for 2 years?!"

demtenjeep (30,783 posts)

Part of me wants to get another covid shot. I got Moderna in Feb and March

but I have almost felt like going to a pharmacy and getting a new round

What does the SCIENCE say?  I dunno.  Don't care.  Science changes daily, and it does so for a reason.  Let's see what the DUmmies say.

LisaL (41,501 posts)

1. Would they know that you already had it?

I want a booster too, and I am concerned FDA is moving too slowly on it. Pfizer suggests that at six months your immunity is decreased and it's time for a booster shot.

Yup, follows science.  LOL

Jerry2144 (293 posts)

4. I am tempted too

Got my Modena in Jan and Feb. wondering if I should. Or what would happen if I went for Pfizer one and two. I bet people have done that

Yup, that's pretty sciency!  NOT!  LOL

GPV (70,373 posts)

9. I got j and j. I want an mRNA booster now

Because ... science!  LOL

Ananda62 (174 posts)

10. I want a booster too

Got Pfizer in Feb and March. I’m in Las Vegas where the coronavirus infection rates are high.

I saw yesterday where the CDFAUCI said we should get boosters everyday and STILL wear masks.  This sounds right.  We should all get shots, immediately! 

ProfessorGAC (49,232 posts)

26. There Has To Be A Database

At least here in Illinois.
The vaccine recipient "lottery" didn't require any effort to enter.
They automatically entered us, so they must have the vax list.
I'd think they would get a block message if you tried to enter your name again.

Oh no!!  You should go bury your vax status in your backyard and go get ANOTHER vax!!!  That would show those fascists!

I'm thinking this one is feeling the pain of firearms owners.

zuul (12,178 posts)

27. You're correct.

I talked to the pharmacist who gave me the vaccine and my doctor. Boosters have not yet been approved in the US. You can’t just walk into a vaccination site and demand another shot.

When you got your first one, you were put into the database. Even if you don’t have insurance, they know who has been vaccinated already.

Wanna bet?!   :lmao:   $$$ does wonders for records.

BigDemVoter (3,918 posts)

20. Amen to that.

I considered the same thing after seeing that the vaccine can lose a bit of efficacityover time. California maintains records of who has had the vaccination, and you cannot get a 3rd. . . .  Considering there are lots of people who have refused their vaccination, I don't see how it could hurt. In any case, I work in a hospital, and vaccinated staff members have been coming down with the D variant, and I don't particularly want to. I guess it's time to be vigilant with the mask wearing. . . We have to wear them at work which is fine with me, as I wear one at all times when indoors.

Typical DUmmie mindset.  Someone didn't get theirs, I should have it!!  LOL  It might kill you, but ok, go for it.

Treefrog (2,071 posts)

29. Didn't you just suddenly move out of your condo due to fear of collapse after the Miami thing?

What was it Roosevelt said about fear?

One of my new favorite DUmmies.  LOL 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline landofconfusion80

They'd better get a dozen shots and put a plastic bag over their heads just to be sure
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DUmpsterDiver

The poking she wants is in a nether region best left alone and festering.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I'm thinking Pam should have banged the lounge singer/piano player.  She's going to die with regrets.

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Rampant paranoia, it isn't just for breakfast anymore.  I laugh at and mock such clowns.

Just think about risk management before the Chinese Wuhan Virus inflicted our world.  Did perpetually sand in the vagina liberals ever drive a car or perhaps cross a street?  Far more deaths have been caused by automobiles and dozens of other factors before the Wu.  No one can eliminate every miniscule bit of risk that one might encounter.

Stop treating adult and educated Americans like infants.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Rampant paranoia, it isn't just for breakfast anymore.  I laugh at and mock such clowns.

Just think about risk management before the Chinese Wuhan Virus inflicted our world.  Did perpetually sand in the vagina liberals ever drive a car or perhaps cross a street?  Far more deaths have been caused by automobiles and dozens of other factors before the Wu.  No one can eliminate every miniscule bit of risk that one might encounter.

Stop treating adult and educated Americans like infants.

I'm on a job site in south Texas.  Today a squall came up and there was considerable lightning.  I actually WENT OUTSIDE while the lightning was striking.  I'm literally shaking just typing this .... LOL  naw. 

They are afraid of everything.

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

1. If Kansas is like California, the state has a database of vaccinations received, which pharmacies are allowed to access. So any pharmacy Pam goes to will know she's been vaccinated, and will also refuse to give her a third shot of Moderna, as this would violate Moderna's FDA Emergency Use Authorization. As to other Covid vaccines, I doubt a pharmacy would give her a shot of Pfizer or J&J.

2. Pfizer and Moderna began testing the use of a third "booster" some 6 months ago. Only Pfizer, so far, has applied for an update of their EUA to permit use of a third "booster". Moderna has not yet applied for a similar update. Last I heard, the FDA may decline Pfizer's request on the basis that the existing 2-dose protocol is adequate. The FDA and CDC issued this statement July 8th, https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/joint-cdc-and-fda-statement-vaccine-boosters :

The United States is fortunate to have highly effective vaccines that are widely available for those aged 12 and up. People who are fully vaccinated are protected from severe disease and death, including from the variants currently circulating in the country such as Delta. People who are not vaccinated remain at risk. Virtually all COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths are among those who are unvaccinated. We encourage Americans who have not yet been vaccinated to get vaccinated as soon as possible to protect themselves and their community.

Americans who have been fully vaccinated do not need a booster shot at this time. FDA, CDC, and NIH are engaged in a science-based, rigorous process to consider whether or when a booster might be necessary. This process takes into account laboratory data, clinical trial data, and cohort data – which can include data from specific pharmaceutical companies, but does not rely on those data exclusively. We continue to review any new data as it becomes available and will keep the public informed. We are prepared for booster doses if and when the science demonstrates that they are needed.

Lots of  :blah:  :blah:  :blah: , so I highlighted the pertinent part.

3. It is known that vaccinated people still have high antibodies levels a year or so after being vaccinated. Much beyond that is unknown because initial testing of Moderna and Pfizer began in March and April of 2020. It is also known that the Moderna and Pfizer cause B-cell and T-cell responses, which means recipients' immune system will still "know" how to make anti-Covid antibodies even after levels of antibodies fall off. That means that the effectiveness "life" of those vaccinations will be years, not months.

It's a measure of Pam's ignorance that she is all panicked and does not know all that.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.

Wait....you DUmbasses are complaining about people not getting vaccinated but are perfectly willing to steal another shot even though you're fully vaccinated already?
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
An exorcism would be more effective.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

There are ample studies that have demonstrated that the several vaccines in use in the US are effective against known variants and that vaccine-produced antibodies persist for longer than we can know. Pam's problem isn't with the lack of information, but that the MSM and Pam feed Pam's fear, Pam wants to be in fear, and Pam trusts her CNN or MSNBC or ProgNews news sources to give accurate and complete information.

A year ago or so, LIEden, Kammie, and several Dem goobernors were campaigning against the Trump Vaccines, insinuating that they were unsafe and ineffective. DU being lockstep party-line, I'm sure they were several anti-Trump Vaccines threads. Did Pam chime in with her distrust of the vaccines of which she now wishes she could get more? :thatsright:  :mental:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 09:15:52 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
It's not just Pam but all the DUmmies want to wallow in their paranoia. Toeing that line set up by CNN/MSNBC propaganda. In reality the 7 day rolling average of deaths is under 300 which is in line with Alzheimer's and half of heart disease but I doubt they would let those facts get in the way of a good time.  :mental: 
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline I_B_Perky

I say go for it. Just go to a different pharmacy than the one you got the first two shots from.  For that matter let's get all you dummies quadruple jabbed.  Think of it this way, poopy pants, you will be super immune and set a trend for the rest of the dummies.*

*This is not medical advice, just my uneducated Trump supporting opinion. I am not a doctor and have never stayed at a holiday inn.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi