Author Topic: hubs just lost his job out of the blue  (Read 1031 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
hubs just lost his job out of the blue
« on: July 22, 2021, 07:00:17 PM »
Star Member Demsrule86 (53,751 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215651558

hubs just lost his job out of the blue...all was well. Today it wasn't.

I think it has to do with the difficulty getting parts and supplies and it will only worsen thanks to the upswing in the pandemic...damn GOP!

:o

:thatsright:

4. Yeah me too...ever since the pandemic...he gets job and then loses them...very volatile.

They never even told him why he was leaving or gave him paperwork...I doubt they can win a case for firing for cause.

:whatever:

yeah... I am beginning to see a pattern

7. He was also asked to go days a week or so ago and said he didn't want to...if you are asked to go days, you go days even if it seems like they are asking you.

He is an exGM'er and still doesn't get the real job world. That may have been part of it.

:thatsright:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: hubs just lost his job out of the blue
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 07:40:44 PM »
I think it has to do with the difficulty getting parts and supplies and it will only worsen thanks to the upswing in the pandemic...damn GOP!

I blame china
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 07:51:39 PM »
In the real world, hubby sounds like he hasn't gotten over his entitled union ways in non-union jobs.

Corrected comma placement
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 07:45:30 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 07:54:24 PM »
In the real world hubby, sounds like he hasn't gotten over his entitled union ways in non-union jobs.

I am going to guess that "out of the blue" is highly relative...he was probably employed for three weeks this time before showing up drunk or high or trying to start a union.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 10:45:34 PM »
Starve in a ditch, ****.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 10:56:38 PM »
DUmbass I don't think that your husband not keeping a job is due to the Dempanic. I think it's due to him being a entitled, worthless piece of crap...and a bad employee as well.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 07:40:36 PM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 06:04:17 AM »
I blame china

I blame Democrats for forcing our supply chain to be based in China.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 06:41:26 AM »
I blame Democrats for forcing our supply chain to be based in China.

I suppose it is also possible that his employers found cheaper labor hiring illegal immigrants.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 02:16:00 PM »
I suppose it is also possible that his employers found cheaper labor hiring illegal immigrants.

That is also quite possible. And Democrats are still to blame. (I never understood why unions support illegals.)

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2021, 02:24:29 PM »
(I never understood why unions support illegals.)
future democrat voters
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2021, 04:08:41 PM »
future democrat voters

I work in a union shop and we have a gay Mexican working there. He did pass the citizenship test and became a citizen. He also voted for Biden, though.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2021, 04:51:27 PM »

7. He was also asked to go days a week or so ago and said he didn't want to 2 ...if you are asked to go days, you go days even if it seems like they are asking you.

He is an exGM'er and still doesn't get the real job world. That may have been part of it. 1

1 Gee, ya think!

2 So (my WAG as to what went down), XYZ Inc. was prepping to drop a shift and gave hubby a chance to go onto a shift they were keeping and expanding to pick up slack from dropping a shift. Hubby brilliantly declined. Bye-bye swing or grave shift and several workers, hubby being one.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2021, 06:29:30 PM »
Response to bucolic_frolic (Reply #19)Thu Jul 22, 2021, 09:26 PM
Star Member Chin music (10,691 posts)
23. Joe would maybe do well to hit the Made In America plank

and remind people that we USED to make everything. We look at Chinas explosive growth and expanding middle class, and remember that America used to do those jobs. We can start making things here again.

Biden has a magic wand that not even Barry had.  That must be the explanation for why Biden got so many more millions of votes than O'bumbles.

“Well, how exactly are you going to do that? What exactly are you going to do? There’s no answer to it," Obama said.

"He just says, 'Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.' Well, what, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually the answer is, he doesn’t have an answer.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/281936-obama-to-trump-what-magic-wand-do-you-have
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2021, 07:18:50 PM »
Star Member Chin music (10,691 posts)
23. Joe would maybe do well to hit the Made In America plank

#JoeThePedophile would be hauled before a ChiCom People's Revolutionary Court on charges of Conflict of Interest so fast, YOUR head would spin, DUmbass
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2021, 07:37:41 PM »

GOP ain't in power right now ****.  Wait until the Delta variant gets going really good. The polling firms are all trying to paint it as GOP voter anti vaxxers but the real problem is the black and hispanics not getting vaccinated in southern states.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline ROCKURWORLD

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2021, 07:49:54 PM »
GOP ain't in power right now ****.  Wait until the Delta variant gets going really good. The polling firms are all trying to paint it as GOP voter anti vaxxers but the real problem is the black and hispanics not getting vaccinated in southern states.

Dont forget all the illegals crossing the border with Covid and then being shipped all over the US.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 02:59:39 PM »

I'd say come to Texas where that darn GOP opened everything up and there are help wanted/now hiring signs not just at the service jobs, but warehouses, trucking companies, manufacturing plants, ect and I'm sure professional places that don't put signs out on the block are hiring as well, but I'll wager that you would bring your voting habits with you, so stay put and wait for Uncle Joe to save your butt.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2021, 05:41:18 PM »
I'd say come to Texas where that darn GOP opened everything up and there are help wanted/now hiring signs not just at the service jobs, but warehouses, trucking companies, manufacturing plants, ect and I'm sure professional places that don't put signs out on the block are hiring as well, but I'll wager that you would bring your voting habits with you, so stay put and wait for Uncle Joe to save your butt.

Worse, every one of those openings will "Whiz Quiz" every candidate, and the DUmmies know better than to try to challenge that gauntlet...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus