Author Topic: The US military apologized after soldiers accidentally stormed an olive-oil fact  (Read 985 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-military-apologized-soldiers-accidentally-170713833.html

The US military apologized after soldiers accidentally stormed an olive-oil factory in Bulgaria

The US Army issued an apology this week after soldiers accidentally stormed a factory in Bulgaria during a training exercise last month.

During Exercise Swift Response 21, soldiers with the 173rd Airborne Brigade practiced seizing and securing the Cheshnegirovo airfield. Soldiers stormed and cleared bunkers and buildings across the decommissioned airfield.

"On May 11, soldiers entered and cleared a building next to the airfield that they believed was part of the training area, but that was occupied by Bulgarian civilians operating a private business," US Army Europe and Africa said in a statement on Tuesday.

<SNIP>

Joe Biden's America.   ::)

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

Joe Biden's America.   ::)

KC

...containing the new, woke, military.  :argh: :argh: :argh: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

God help us, because President Asterisk has his head completely up his ass. And Lloyd Austin ain't no better.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Another story you'll never see at the DUmp.  Every minor mistake the military made for the last four years was Trump's fault and now you'll never hear a peep.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline dutch508

• Remember
LoL

Some Company Commander got relieved...

:rotf:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

As a former bomber guy, fortunately I never had to actually use a parachute but I do remember ours being the standard round shape.  These new ones look more like an EZ-Up canopy you would see at a tailgating party.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!

As a former bomber guy, fortunately I never had to actually use a parachute but I do remember ours being the standard round shape.  These new ones look more like an EZ-Up canopy you would see at a tailgating party.

We had 2 different chutes we used.  The T-10 was the standard and only had a hole at the apex of the chute.  The MC1-!B was a 'steerable' chute and had 104 sq. ft. of canopy cut out of the back in the shape of 2 'L's' with the straight backs separated by a couple of feet or so.  When you pulled on one of the handles it would close an 'L' and would force air out of the other 'L' which allowed it some steerability.

These are the T-11's, I THINK.  I'm not real up on the new chutes.

KC

*Stolen

Offline dutch508

• Remember

The main canopy is a modified version of a cross/cruciform platform. The canopy has an increased inflated diameter of 14 percent and a 28 percent increase in surface area, when compared with the T-10D assembly. The T-11 main canopy utilizes a unique deployment sequence to reduce the opening shock and canopy oscillation. The T-11 is designed to have an average rate of descent of 19 feet per second (5.8 m/s) for the 95th percentile service member, compared with 24 feet per second (7.3 m/s) with the T-10C. This reduction is intended to result in significantly lower landing injury rates for jumpers.[2]

The reserve canopy is a derivative of the British Low Level Parachute (LLP) aero-conical design that includes apex scoop pockets at the top of the reserve canopy and skirt assist lines at the system’s hem to promote fast opening of the reserve system during low-speed malfunctions. Unlike the current reserve parachute system, the T-11R reserve uses an omni-directional, center-pull deployment system. The T-11 harness is designed to displace opening shock forces of the reserve parachute equally along the long axis of the jumper’s body.

The main canopy and harness weighs 38 pounds (17 kg), and the reserve assembly 15 pounds (6.8 kg), for a total of 53 pounds (24 kg). The main canopy is 30.6 feet (9.3 m) inflated diameters at the hem. The reserve canopy has a 24 feet (7.3 m) nominal diameter.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

The main canopy is a modified version of a cross/cruciform platform. The canopy has an increased inflated diameter of 14 percent and a 28 percent increase in surface area, when compared with the T-10D assembly. The T-11 main canopy utilizes a unique deployment sequence to reduce the opening shock and canopy oscillation. The T-11 is designed to have an average rate of descent of 19 feet per second (5.8 m/s) for the 95th percentile service member, compared with 24 feet per second (7.3 m/s) with the T-10C. This reduction is intended to result in significantly lower landing injury rates for jumpers.[2]

The reserve canopy is a derivative of the British Low Level Parachute (LLP) aero-conical design that includes apex scoop pockets at the top of the reserve canopy and skirt assist lines at the system’s hem to promote fast opening of the reserve system during low-speed malfunctions. Unlike the current reserve parachute system, the T-11R reserve uses an omni-directional, center-pull deployment system. The T-11 harness is designed to displace opening shock forces of the reserve parachute equally along the long axis of the jumper’s body.

The main canopy and harness weighs 38 pounds (17 kg), and the reserve assembly 15 pounds (6.8 kg), for a total of 53 pounds (24 kg). The main canopy is 30.6 feet (9.3 m) inflated diameters at the hem. The reserve canopy has a 24 feet (7.3 m) nominal diameter.

I was a dyed-in-the-wool leg. The only statistic I had to deal with was how much it would hurt jumping out of a deuce-and-a-half, which happened pretty rarely. I'd have to grab my euph out of a Shithook or the bottom of a bus, but never had to strap that sumbitch alongside whatever-your-flavor-of-chute-is in jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft.

:-)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I was a dyed-in-the-wool leg. The only statistic I had to deal with was how much it would hurt jumping out of a deuce-and-a-half, which happened pretty rarely. I'd have to grab my euph out of a Shithook or the bottom of a bus, but never had to strap that sumbitch alongside whatever-your-flavor-of-chute-is in jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft.

:-)

As told to us by a Black Hat in Airborne School; There's no such thing as a perfectly good aircraft!

KC

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

As told to us by a Black Hat in Airborne School; There's no such thing as a perfectly good aircraft!

KC

Of course he told you that. He has to justify jumping out of a aircraft AT ALL. Tell me - what did the pilots of the aircraft say about the "perfectly good aircraft" moniker?  :rotf:

Something tells me if they thought it wasn't "perfect", they wouldn't fly. But --- I could be wrong.  :lmao: