Author Topic: Jeff Gordon retiring from NASCAR as full-time racer  (Read 11526 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Jeff Gordon retiring from NASCAR as full-time racer
« on: January 22, 2015, 12:18:12 PM »
Jeff Gordon retiring from NASCAR as full-time racer

NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon announced Thursday plans to retire as a full-time racer.

Hendrick Motorsports released a statement online, which states Gordon's 2015 season will be his 23rd and his final full-time Sprint Cup Series season .

Gordon announced his decision to his Hendrick Motorsports team and to his followers on Twitter Thursday morning.

“As a race car driver, much of what I've done throughout my life has been based on following my instincts and trying to make good decisions,” Gordon said, per the statement. “I thought long and hard about my future this past year and during the offseason, and I've decided 2015 will be the last time I compete for a championship. I won't use the ‘R-word' because I plan to stay extremely busy in the years ahead, and there's always the possibility I'll compete in selected events, although I currently have no plans to do that.

Gordon said he will continue to be involved in racing and with Hendrick Motorsports.
WSMV News

:bawl:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Jeff Gordon retiring from NASCAR as full-time racer
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 12:19:33 PM »
Missed it by that much!

http://twitchy.com/2015/01/22/go-out-with-a-bang-nascar-great-jeff-gordon-announces-retirement-on-twitter/

Note how he says 'full-time racing.'  He does not say racing altogether.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 12:21:13 PM »
Wow, that is kinda surprising.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 12:23:31 PM »
Last season was kind of a train wreck... it didn't end well for Gordon.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 01:03:13 PM »
I'm not a fan at all; but I cannot deny the impact he's had on the sport.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 12:50:22 AM »
 :yawn:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 03:08:13 AM »
Last season was kind of a train wreck... it didn't end well for Gordon.
On a 200mph freight train !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 07:45:54 PM »
Well, it seems he's still good enough to sit pole for the 500, in two days.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”