Author Topic: Summary of Gov. Spitzer's speech  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Summary of Gov. Spitzer's speech
« on: March 12, 2008, 11:41:25 AM »
Weren't they calling for his head on a platter.....................well I wonder what they are doing now

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2996739

brooklynite  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-12-08 11:49 AM
Original message
Summary of Gov. Spitzer's speech
 (wife Silda with him)

"Private failings"

"Did not live up to what was expected of me"

"Look at time as Governor with sense of what might have been"

"I cannot allow private failings to interrupt peoples' work"

"I am resigning from the office"

"At Lt. Governor Paterson's request, effective date is Monday"

"Will try to serve the public outside of politics"

"Prayers for David Paterson"

(no questions taken)

RoccoR5955 (363 posts)       Wed Mar-12-08 11:56 AM
Response to Original message
1. I still think he's a good man.
 He didn't hurt anyone. It's just because the morons in this country are more concerned with sex than what really matters.

I've been asking it for a while now, and I'll ask it again, "Since when does sex trump TREASON?"

Each and every member of Bushco, Inc. should be tried for all the treasonous acts that they committed, and we crucify this guy, because he spent money on hookers?

Spitzer never killed anyone.
Spitzer never lied to the public about getting us into war.
Spitzer never okayed warrantless wiretapping.
Spitzer never allowed torture.

When the heck is justice going to be served to the REAL criminals in our midst?

I guess justice comes to those who break laws.............not those that you wish and think and hope and believe have broken laws dumbass

theboss (1000+ posts)     Wed Mar-12-08 11:59 AM
Response to Reply #1
3. I'm pretty sure he hurt his wife and daughters
 Just sayin'.

BurtWorm  (1000+ posts)       Wed Mar-12-08 12:01 PM
Response to Reply #1
4. What you say is true enough, but he did hurt a lot of people 
 including those who voted for and elected him. I don't care about his private life. I wish it had stayed private. He didn't do enough to keep it that way.

I don't wish him ill. If Dick Morris and Larry Craig and Newt Gingrich are allowed to survive, for godlessness' sake, Elliot Spitzer ought to be able to survive. Unless there really is no justice in this shit hole of a universe, which is entirely possible.

Crisco  (1000+ posts)       Wed Mar-12-08 11:58 AM
Response to Original message
2. "Outside of Politics"
 Ought to strike fear in the heart of some. If he can avoid jail, he will no longer be hampered by the restraints of being governor.

Well losing the law license sure is going to hurt if that happens. Also when are these Idjits going to realize it's not about sex
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Summary of Gov. Spitzer's speech
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 11:45:54 AM »
My version:

"You ****ed up -- you trusted me!"
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 11:49:44 AM »
If he were a Republican the primitives would be calling for a public execution. :censored:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 12:24:21 PM »
If he were a Republican the primitives would be calling for a public execution. :censored:

Look back at the threads about McCain after the Times bogus hit piece on him a couple of weeks ago.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 06:58:56 PM »
The "Cliff Notes" version:

"I f*cked up.  No wait.  Was it down?  Aw H*ll, I can't remember.  I quit."

:whatever:  :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 07:11:30 PM »
Spitzer never killed anyone.
Spitzer never lied to the public about getting us into war.
Spitzer never okayed warrantless wiretapping.
Spitzer never allowed torture.

Ok, so the DUmp establishes Spitzer is not FDR or Teddy Fatass Kennedy.  So what?  Those two remain lefty heroes. 

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 07:39:04 PM »
If Dick Morris and Larry Craig and Newt Gingrich are allowed to survive, for godlessness' sake, Elliot Spitzer ought to be able to survive.

Dick Morris and Newt Gingrich didn't survive, you stupid DUmmie.  Dick Morris was forced to resign by sometime DUmmie hero, Bill Clinton.  And Newt Gingrich was forced to resign by fellow Republicans.  And as a zombie of Republican Victories Past, Gingrich came up with that stupid, insipid Green Conservative idea.  So don't tell me he survived.

Don't know about Craig and don't really care.  Too disgusting to think about, really.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 08:12:33 PM »
If Dick Morris and Larry Craig and Newt Gingrich are allowed to survive, for godlessness' sake, Elliot Spitzer ought to be able to survive.

Dick Morris and Newt Gingrich didn't survive, you stupid DUmmie.  Dick Morris was forced to resign by sometime DUmmie hero, Bill Clinton.  And Newt Gingrich was forced to resign by fellow Republicans.  And as a zombie of Republican Victories Past, Gingrich came up with that stupid, insipid Green Conservative idea.  So don't tell me he survived.

Don't know about Craig and don't really care.  Too disgusting to think about, really.

Craig is worth thinking about.  He was the one who defied his own party, which called repeatedly for his resignation. 

Larry Craig was the one who stood up to the double standard we hear DUmmies refusing to admit exists. 

Larry Craig is a pioneer.  He said no.  He is still shunned and despised.  He is the Republican's Barney Franks, except for the shunned and despised part.

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 08:23:28 PM »

Craig is worth thinking about.  He was the one who defied his own party, which called repeatedly for his resignation. 

Larry Craig was the one who stood up to the double standard we hear DUmmies refusing to admit exists. 

Larry Craig is a pioneer.  He said no.  He is still shunned and despised.  He is the Republican's Barney Franks, except for the shunned and despised part.
Maybe you have a point but on a personal level, public bathrooms are disgusting enough to think about without having to think about all that toe tapping and wide stances and whatnot.  :puke:

But I take it from your post that the DUmmie got one out of three right.  What lovely prizes do we have for him, or her?  It.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Bondai

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 08:32:49 PM »
Spitzers babe....nice, but not worth a political career...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0312084kristen1.html

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 08:45:22 PM »

My point is - no one in the Republican party rushed to protect Larry Craig just because he had a seat and counted as a Republican.  If Larry Craig had a "D" by his name, every Democrat would have tried to save him....just because he had a seat. 

The Larry Craig episode is a brilliant example of the difference of the two parties.  Barney Franks can have a homosexual prostitution operation going on out of his house, and he is STILL in Washington.  Ted Kennedy can murder a girl 39 years ago and TED IS STILL in Washington.

Wilam Jefferson (D-La.) can be caught with $90,000 in his freezer, and he is still in Washington.

It is all projection, which is the Republican Party's worst enemy.  In the name of "doing the right thing", the Republicans get screwed every time (Tom DeLay anyone?).  It is time to turn the tables. 

The Republicans are dealing with the devil himself.  It does no good to pretend to be God.  Just fight, dammit.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 08:47:03 PM by Lord Undies »

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 09:03:52 PM »
My point is - no one in the Republican party rushed to protect Larry Craig just because he had a seat and counted as a Republican.  If Larry Craig had a "D" by his name, every Democrat would have tried to save him....just because he had a seat. 

The Larry Craig episode is a brilliant example of the difference of the two parties.  Barney Franks can have a homosexual prostitution operation going on out of his house, and he is STILL in Washington.  Ted Kennedy can murder a girl 39 years ago and TED IS STILL in Washington.

Wilam Jefferson (D-La.) can be caught with $90,000 in his freezer, and he is still in Washington.

It is all projection, which is the Republican Party's worst enemy.  In the name of "doing the right thing", the Republicans get screwed every time (Tom DeLay anyone?).  It is time to turn the tables. 

The Republicans are dealing with the devil himself.  It does no good to pretend to be God.  Just fight, dammit.

Yeah, I agree.  And I shouldn't have said "maybe you have a point" because I see your point.  I just wish we had a better person standing up to the Democrats. A better example.  Someone who was fighting that would inspire us.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:08:55 PM by Duke Nukum »
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 09:20:40 PM »
"Since when does sex trump TREASON?"

Since Congress impeached Clinton for Monica instead of China.

Offline Bondai

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 09:26:31 PM »

Ouch! That will leave a mark.... :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 09:27:13 PM »

oooh, burn! :-)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 10:40:03 PM »

Yeah i wonder why they went after him for monica and not for his dealings with china? :mental:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 10:42:20 PM by Attero Dominatus »
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 07:23:56 AM »

ZING!!!

:rotf: