Author Topic: Comfort food!!! Let's screw it up!!  (Read 1551 times)

Offline I_B_Perky

Comfort food!!! Let's screw it up!!
« on: October 30, 2020, 07:14:23 PM »
OK this is a little bit of a light thread.  I get depressed I usually crawl into a bottle of Jack.  I figured the dummies would crawl into street pharms... but low and behold we got comfort food and the dummies can even **** that up!!!!

Link:  https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214396054

OP:

trueblue2007 (12,817 posts)

i am so anxious, upset and wishing JOE WON ALREADY!! i needed comfort. Made some Mashed potatoes
with lots of butter.

I know should have meditated, counted my blessings and prayed.

Around these parts mashed taters is whats for dinner... never dreamed it was comfort food!!!   :lmao:

jcgoldie (6,299 posts)
1. don't be too hard on yourself..

...A lot of us have much worse vices to relieve stress than eating some buttery mashed potatoes!

OK got to take back the previous statement     :-)

trueblue2007 (12,817 posts)
13. finished my "lunch" of buttery mashed potatoes with a tiny Trick or treat size DARK hershey bar

Lunch of champions!!!

Spazito (35,084 posts)
2. My comfort food is homemade mac and cheese...

might make some this weekend, lol.

That is lunch around these parts   :-)

True Blue American (12,027 posts)
6. Pork Barbecue,

The juicy kind and Cole slaw! Or biscuits, I have been making a lot of biscuits lately.

Damn now I'm getting hungry

wryter2000 (39,638 posts)
20. I've been making a lot of quiches

Homemade pie crust. Getting the crust right is always a victory.

Today, my Instacart shopper couldn't find Crisco at the store. The hoarding has started. Sigh. I prefer lard, but that wasn't an option on Instacart. I may make my next crust with all butter.

Dunno what quiche is, don't wanna know, don't wanna see it on my plate. Dummies like it that says all I need to know.  Someone put's it on my plate then there is gonna be an ass kicking.   :rotf:

zackymilly (2,165 posts)
4. My comfort food is whiskey. n/t

Now I could probably get along with you, dummy... and if we couldn't, well we could just get smashed.    Here is my favorite:

madaboutharry (34,470 posts)
5. Here is a great recipe for mash potatoes from Nigella Lawson:

Recipe for mashed taters?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?   It's freaking simple dummies... taters, butter and milk if you want it, all mashed together!!!  Why you got to go **** up a simple dish?  Ain't any wonder you unhappy.   :thatsright:

LizBeth (5,235 posts)
7. I am ready to go, I got hot wings in the making, crumble crust cherry pie for comfort and Champagne

chilling all ready for Tuesday, lol. Oh... and my TP but there is no shortage yet from what I saw. I was warned, but I am good to go.

Um.....  :mental:

Meowmee (1,562 posts)
8. Sounds delicious

:mental:

Baltimike (2,905 posts)
10. Oh, I *know*. I am anxious eating everything in sight. nt

Something tells me this is standard operating procedure for this dummie no matter the situation 

wryter2000 (39,638 posts)
12. Mashed potatoes

with lots of butter are the best comfort food. I swear, there's a tranquilizer in there.

On edit: Try adding a bit of cauliflower to the cut up potatoes before boiling. The extra flavor is amazing.

Plus: my favorite comfort meal is mashed potatoes and a huge mound of my homegrown green beans, also with lots of butter. I don't need anything else to make a meal, but both piles must be large.

Another dummie ****ing up a simple great tasting dish  :argh:

Klaralven (1,085 posts)
27. Or add sauteed cabbage and onions, as in colcannon....

Oh lord. Ain't any wonder these ****s are perpetually pissed off.

NurseJackie (34,496 posts)
19. That sounds delicious!

I love mashed potatoes... but I only make them from scratch at Thanksgiving. The rest of the year it's from the pouches (so many flavors and varieties to choose from!!)

Translation:  I only make them from scratch when my family comes and will say WTF is this?

Amishman (3,069 posts)
28. Home made mashed potatoes, topped with lots of crispy bacon crumbles

Plus some cajun seasoning and melted cheese

Another dummie ****ing up a simple dish.... the cheese sounds good though.  And bacon?  Well you can't really go wrong with bacon... I ain't sure I want it on my mashed taters.  Might have to give this dummie a pass.

That's it for now. 

« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 07:19:59 PM by I_B_Perky »
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Comfort food!!! Let's screw it up!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 07:30:42 PM »
They know what is coming.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 07:48:15 PM »
They really need to post pics of their creations
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 08:01:54 PM »
They know what is coming.

Based on their dietary habits, massive diarrhea would be my guess.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 08:34:54 PM »
Recipe for mashed taters?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?   It's freaking simple dummies... taters, butter and milk if you want it, all mashed together!!!  Why you got to go **** up a simple dish?  Ain't any wonder you unhappy.
One of my college professors told my class an anecdote about his ex-girlfriend's cooking. She told him that whenever she made mashed potatoes, they were always dry. Similarly, when she made cookies, they were always burnt.

Wonder what her DU name is.  :-)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 09:00:05 PM »

Yeah, the trueblue primitive alleges she had a Hershey's chocolate bar, too.

Sure, sure.

What primitive, especially a hefty femme, could possibly eat more than one Hershey's chocolate bar?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 06:28:49 AM »
Their favorite food is a bag of dicks! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

With a heaping helping of hate! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 07:16:22 AM »
Their favorite food is a bag of dicks! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

With a heaping helping of hate! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
What a coincidence....Tuesdays special!
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 07:54:03 AM »
Dunno what quiche is, don't wanna know, don't wanna see it on my plate. Dummies like it that says all I need to know.  Someone put's it on my plate then there is gonna be an ass kicking.   :rotf:

Imagine an omelet pie, no top crust.  Now imagine it's cold, baked instead of fried, flavorless, needs salt, and some idiot chopped up a bunch of spinach into it when they cooked it.  I can choke it down if absolutely necessary to be a gracious guest, but that's the only reason I'll touch it.

Those of us who remember vomit stew know how well DUmmies and kitchens get along together.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2020, 09:22:18 AM »
Those of us who remember vomit stew know how well DUmmies and kitchens get along together.

Ta-dah.

The best I could do, as I have no hosting service.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 10:59:59 AM »
THis is my recipe for boiled water.  It is amazeballs. You have to try it.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2020, 11:20:20 AM »
Ta-dah.

The best I could do, as I have no hosting service.

Right on the money, Frank!   :cheersmate:  H5!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2020, 08:24:16 PM »
Imagine an omelet pie, no top crust.  Now imagine it's cold, baked instead of fried, flavorless, needs salt, and some idiot chopped up a bunch of spinach into it when they cooked it.  I can choke it down if absolutely necessary to be a gracious guest, but that's the only reason I'll touch it.

Woooow. 

Don't get me wrong...I love spinach... eat it twice a week in a dish by itself with a bunch of butter and vinegar on it.  I can even do with out the butter as long as I got the vinegar.

I damned sure don't freaking want spinach in anything else and I damned sure don't want it in my eggs.

You better than I am DAT.  Someone serves me that shit I say where's the beef?  I ain't gonna eat shit that I don't like, polite company be damned!  My 2 cents is if it don't taste good then one should not serve it.  If you served it and it sucks, then you need to know about it so you don't serve it again.   :cheersmate:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2020, 08:41:27 PM »
Woooow. 

Quiche is okay, but Tanker's reaction is the more-popular one.

I like it, but I seem to like a lot of things other people don't.

Quiche's reputation was established by a best-selling book that came out sometime early in the Reagan administration, Real Men Don't Eat Quiche.  I never read the book but it inspired me to try it out.  It was okay; not great, but okay.

on edit, although unrelated: please notice the temporary avatar, which is a photograph taken by the NJCher primitive of her allegedly wonderful stew or soup.  The small size of the picture doesn't do it justice; to most, it looks like recently disgorged vomit; to me, it looks like someone had a bad case of diarrhea.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 08:44:25 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2020, 08:59:03 AM »
I damned sure don't freaking want spinach in anything else and I damned sure don't want it in my eggs.

There used to be a Greek breakfast and lunch place here and I always got their Feta cheese and spinach scrambled eggs for bfast.  It was a delicious combo.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2020, 09:57:19 AM »
Another dummie ****ing up a simple dish.... the cheese sounds good though.  And bacon?  Well you can't really go wrong with bacon... I ain't sure I want it on my mashed taters.  Might have to give this dummie a pass.

Actually mashed potatoes the way the DUmbass prepared them is quite good. I've had them just that way, minus the cajun spices, and they were very good.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Karin

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2020, 08:01:35 AM »

Well, that one DUmmie did put TP on her menu.   :lmao:

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2020, 11:47:10 AM »
WTF is an Instacart?
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2020, 12:10:55 PM »
WTF is an Instacart?

It's an app/website where you can do grocery shopping online and have it delivered to your home. It looks like it's pretty much country wide and one of the side effects of the pandemic.

www.instacart.com
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2020, 04:15:08 PM »
How about a pile of shit sandwiches on a stale bun like obama served. They seemed like the couldn't get enough of those.
 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2020, 10:59:53 PM »

There used to be a Greek breakfast and lunch place here and I always got their Feta cheese and spinach scrambled eggs for bfast.  It was a delicious combo.

OK.  I like Feta.  I like spinach.   I like eggs... scrambled or otherwise.  Don't mean I want them all together!   :-)

I damned sure do not want spinach in my eggs. 

I'm open to just about anything food wise so maybe it is good... I don't know.  Just don't sound like something I'm gonna grub on.

People got varied tastes.

My Dad was from Buffalo NY and scrambled eggs with onions, peppers, ham and pepperoni/salami is something they do up there.  It's pretty damned good.  I was always leary until one day I tried it.  It was delicious. 

But spinach?  I just don't know.

Montani Semper Liberi