Author Topic: Dan Rather speaks on the Big Lie (Important information)  (Read 490 times)

Offline Delmar

Dan Rather speaks on the Big Lie (Important information)
« on: May 09, 2021, 01:28:31 PM »
Sun May 9, 2021, 10:01 AM
Star Member kentuck (101,474 posts)

Dan Rather speaks on the Big Lie (Important information)

https://steady.substack.com/p/the-big-lie-is-a-big-deal?
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215413680

Not much of an OP--kentuck only provides a link to the opinion piece by Rather and tells all the primitives how important  the information is.

A Dan Rather lecture on the Big Lie--the guy's got a lot of nerve.

I believe the Big Lie is so ludicrous and outrageous that it can be made to collapse under the weight of its own perfidy. If it is put into the proper spotlight, if it becomes so radioactive that big business, the press, and the public at large refuse to bestow any legitimacy to those who traffic in it, then it can and will be defeated.

They are desperate to turn anyone who believes that Biden cheated into radioactive Big Lie liars.

When OJ Simpson brutally murdered his ex-wife Nicole and her friend Ron Goldman, he got a big shot lawyer/team of lawyers and beat the rap.  OJ probably thought that he had been vindicated/exonerated and could resume his life as a rental car spokesman and starring as Nordberg in the Naked Gun movies.  But OJ doesn't get to make movies or TV commercials anymore because everybody knows that he brutally murdered Nicole and Ron Goldman--OJ is tainted now, tainted with the stigma.

Democrats are desperate to keep Biden from getting covered with the taint.

Response to kentuck (Original post)Sun May 9, 2021, 12:07 PM
Star Member wnylib (6,435 posts)
7. It is up to us to call out media for

giving any hint of both siderism. We need to call them, tweet them, e-mail them for allowing the people they interview to speak without requiring them to answer to the Big Lie questions. When they dodge, obfuscate, twist facts, the media should call them on it. If they continue, cut them off and follow up with a fact checker and discussion of why they were cut off. We must demand this of media and complain loudly and continuously when they don't deliver.
Anyone who tries to call Biden a cheater must be intimidated and cut off before the taint sticks.

Response to kentuck (Original post)Sun May 9, 2021, 12:30 PM
bucolic_frolic (24,154 posts)
9. What we need is jail time for the Big Insurrection

Media persist in calling it a riot. Until the public realizes it was a planned, fomented, paid for orchestration aimed at seizing political power from democracy itself, we are not where we need to be yet.

Response to kentuck (Original post)Sun May 9, 2021, 01:01 PM
Star Member SunSeeker (44,596 posts)
15. THIS: we "must not provide safe harbor for it to continue to metastasize."

We need to call it what it is: sedition. Every time. Even if it's your neighbor or uncle.

The taint must not be allowed to metastasize, even if it means putting your neighbor or uncle in leg irons and sending them to the gulag.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Dan Rather speaks on the Big Lie (Important information)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 02:31:21 PM »
Trump didn't lie, he said things that were 'fake, but accurate'.  :-)

Star Member wnylib (6,435 posts)
7. It is up to us to call out media for giving any hint of both siderism. We need to call them, tweet them, e-mail them for allowing the people they interview to speak without requiring them to answer to the Big Lie questions. When they dodge, obfuscate, twist facts, the media should call them on it. If they continue, cut them off and follow up with a fact checker and discussion of why they were cut off. We must demand this of media and complain loudly and continuously when they don't deliver.

I would love for media to thoroughly, honestly, and diligently fact-check politicians they interview or broadcast. To say it wouldn't end well for democrats is an understatement.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 02:37:36 PM »
Media persist in calling it a riot. Until the public realizes it was a planned, fomented, paid for orchestration aimed at seizing political power from democracy itself, we are not where we need to be yet.

Media persists in referring to the violence happening in Seattle and Portland as "mostly peaceful " and yet you clowns insist on calling what happened on Jan 6 a planned insurrection lead by President Trump without any proof of that claim and totally ignore President Trump's request to March peacefully.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 02:54:40 PM »
The "big lie" is actually that President Trump colluded with Russia that was and still is perpetuated by butt-hurt libs after the 2016 election.  So shut up, DUmmies.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 04:01:41 PM »
I wonder how many of the DUpipo still think the elections of 2000, 2004, and 2016 were "stolen."
Until they acknowledge the credibility of each of those elections, they have no credibility on this subject. And, until they call for the ouster of every House member who wouldn't vote to certify those elections, then they should STFU about the Reps who didn't vote to certify 2020.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 04:16:23 PM »
Your days are gone, Dan.

You should have gotten the memo.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 09:03:27 PM »
Dan Rather <————— fake but accurate

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 09:34:16 PM »
I believe the Big Lie is so ludicrous and outrageous that it can be made to collapse under the weight of its own perfidy. If it is put into the proper spotlight, if it becomes so radioactive that big business, the press, and the public at large refuse to bestow any legitimacy to those who traffic in it, then it can and will be defeated.
Like they haven't already been trying to clamp down on people who talk about possible election fraud.  :whatever:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 08:01:12 AM »
FIFY:

Sun May 9, 2021, 10:01 AM
Star Moron kentuck (101,474 posts)

Dan Rather speaks the Big Lie (as usual)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.