Author Topic: WTF is this early voters shit.  (Read 7652 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: WTF is this early voters shit.
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 07:38:01 AM »
A mistake, Troll? What about people who cannot guarantee they'll be in town on election day? You are the mistake.

I happen to agree with Mick in that case, to a point.  Voting is a right, to be sure, but not one to be taken lightly.

Absentee voting has been abused to the point where the fraud inherent in it can literally run the election in a state, and in a close election, the nation.

NH has no early voting.  Absentee ballots have to be requested by a certain date, although they do allow same-day registration.  Frankly, IMO, the ONLY people who should be allowed absentee ballots are military on AD/deployed, those who know they'll be working out of their district/town, and those physically too ill to make it to the polls in person.  They should NOT go to those who don't feel like getting off their dead asses and getting to the polls.

That's IT.  This "vote by mail", "motor voter", and all-too-easily obtainable absentee ballots crap only lend to increased incidents of fraud.  Period.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:13:32 AM by NHSparky »
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline CG6468

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 09:19:29 AM »
I happen to agree with Mick in that case, to a point.  Voting is a right, to be sure, but not one to be taken lightly.

Absentee voting has been abused to the point where the fraud inherent in it can literally run the election in a state, and in a close election, the nation.

NH has no early voting.  Absentee ballots have to be requested by a certain date, although they do allow same-day registration.  Frankly, IMO, the ONLY people who should be allowed absentee ballots are military on AD/deployed, those who know or suspect they'll be working out of their district/town, and those physically too ill to make it to the polls in person.  They should NOT go to those who don't feel like getting off their dead asses and getting to the polls.

That's IT.  This "vote by mail", "motor voter", and all-too-easily obtainable absentee ballots crap only lend to increased incidents of fraud.  Period.

I agree with you, Sparks. But that's not what Mick hinted at.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline mickBelker

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 11:47:32 AM »
I said my wife and voted early since we didn't know if we'd be in town. Then you called early voting stupid.

Then you intimated that we were uninformed.

That's an attack on me and my wife, and I won't be "silly" supporting you to change a damned thing about what I said. I suggest that you should be careful about what you say about members here.

Well, I appreciate the zeal with which you are defending your position and that of your wife... except that my initial post here was in general response to the thread overall and not to you.

And, in any event, your reply is excessive. Calm down. No one is attacking either you or your wife for goodness sakes.

You will not find the word "stupid" in any of my posts above, contrary to your false accusation of me. That erroneous interpretation is your own.

I said I thought that early voting was a mistake and I gave my philosophical reasons why I thought that to be so. This had, and has, nothing to do with you personally whatever you may have mistakenly thought.

Moreover, your continued abusive tone and threats do not speak well of you and I ask that you reconsider your approach.

I respond here not to (apparently further) provoke you but to set the record straight. This discussion is otherwise fruitless for either of us and I suggest that we just say our apologies and let this go.

For my part I am sorry if you inadvertently interpreted my post as  derisive commentary about your voting habits. It was not, and is not, intended to be so but only a general post about voting on election day.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 07:19:42 AM »
97 people had voted when my wife and I went to vote early.

We have had over 250k vote and our town is about 650k

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.