Author Topic: Bouncy with a back-peddle  (Read 1799 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: Bouncy with a back-peddle
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 03:59:30 PM »
Did the supervisor get brain cancer and die because he was so mad at Romney? That would be a great commercial. Talk to David Brooks...he'd be happy to do it.

Cindie

Easy to see this poster has NO idea how the Gentile live.

The servants entrance is for the day workers and for the delivery trucks for meat and grocery's as it is usually inside the kitchen.
No one wants plumbers or lawn care workers to come in the front door and get mud on expensive carpets.

The poster said his dad was there with a couple others to deliver some kind of documents , no way would they go and to the servants entrance and intrust any kind of document to a cook.  These are hand delivered to the Butler or a family member and signed for at the front door.  The others are there as witnesses that that the document was delivered.

What a crock, this poster needs to check out a book on the practices of all society's, he seems to be living in a mud hut.

So If I snow blow a path to my back yard and place up a sign of servants entrance will my neighbors think I am being above my self??    :lmao:

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 04:14:12 PM »

The servants entrance is for the day workers and for the delivery trucks for meat and grocery's as it is usually inside the kitchen.
No one wants plumbers or lawn care workers to come in the front door and get mud on expensive carpets.

The poster said his dad was there with a couple others to deliver some kind of documents , no way would they go and to the servants entrance and intrust any kind of document to a cook.  These are hand delivered to the Butler or a family member and signed for at the front door.  The others are there as witnesses that that the document was delivered.

What a crock, this poster needs to check out a book on the practices of all society's, he seems to be living in a mud hut.

So If I snow blow a path to my back yard and place up a sign of servants entrance will my neighbors think I am being above my self??    :lmao:
You missed both the point and analogy.
OP speculated it may have been papers.
It's probably a bouncy. BS for falling for it.
You should know better.

Edit for different DUmp comment. :lmao:
MADem (77,337 posts)
113. They drugged him for the Convention--I'm sure of it.

But all he had to do there was read from a teleprompter--and even at that, he slurred a word or three. The unfortunate use of "groin" instead of "growing" stood out (pardon the pun) to me.

I don't think they'll drug him for a debate, though--we'll know soon enough. You don't need Dog Hearing to discern that characteristic vibrato of tension in his voice when he's under stress and feeling defensive. He also talks in an odd, hesitating way when he's feeling pressure. All of that was totally absent at the convention speech--he sounded like he'd had half a scotch too many.
Must have been watching Obambam and the video of Teddie.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 04:29:08 PM by Skul »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 06:55:52 PM »

The poster said his dad was there with a couple others to deliver some kind of documents , no way would they go and to the servants entrance and intrust any kind of document to a cook.  These are hand delivered to the Butler or a family member and signed for at the front door.  The others are there as witnesses that that the document was delivered.

So If I snow blow a path to my back yard and place up a sign of servants entrance will my neighbors think I am being above my self??    :lmao:

What the **** are you talking about? Gentiles and servants? Are you living in the 19th century? Who the hell does that anymore? What makes you think the Romney's had a damn butler? That's only for the very, very super rich. The Romney's weren't in that category. Besides, doesn't a governor and his family live in THE GOVERNOR'S MANSION? Don't think I've ever seen one with a butler. Though they do usually have a cook, given they have to cook state dinners and stuff.

Obviously you don't understand simple concepts like analogy. Let me explain:

An 0bama super pack ran an ad about how Romney was responsible for a man's wife dying of cancer because the company the guy worked for closed. The company he worked for ASKED Bain for help. It was beyond fixing. When it closed the guy lost his job. When he lost his job he lost his health insurance.

FIVE years later, he's still unemployed with no health insurance. His wife, the one who died of cancer, STILL HAD INSURANCE THROUGH HER EMPLOYER. When she found out she had cancer she STILL HAD INSURANCE THROUGH HER EMPLOYER. Just for clarification she got cancer FIVE YEARS AFTER THE GUY LOST HIS JOB. Do we understand that? Okay, let's move on.

This ad was so disgusting and so completely untrue, even the pro-0bama media couldn't let it go. Got that, the ad was false and ugly because it was accusing Romney of killing a man's wife.  As it was many years later the wife got sick and she had insurance despite this man sitting on his lazy ass, how could Romney possibly be responsible? There wasn't an economic downturn during this time of which I am aware.

Now back to the DUmmie's story. The guy the DUmmie referred to was a SUPERVISOR for the road commission. He wasn't a servant of any kind. What someone who works for a COMMISSIONER was doing in a work truck, I don't know. Generally the road CREWS drive the trucks. As Romney's dad was governor, why the supervisor not take the papers to the governor's office as everyone else would? If the gov wasn't at his office, they could be left with a secretary. Nor do I understand, since said supervisor works for the road commissioner (whatever the hell that is), why wouldn't he deliver papers to the head of the department he works for? What possible reason would a commissioner have to tell someone to deliver papers to a governor's house. If they're delivering papers, it's not an emergency. Because if it's an emergency, the would CALL the governor (they did have telephones in the 1960's). There's no reason someone needs to deliver papers to a governor's house government mansion provided by the state the every governor lives in during their term in office. Period. That's why they have things called OFFICES. Nor would anyone other than the commissioner call the gov about an emergency. So, this situation is ridiculous. Still with me?

Remember, Romney was accused of causing a man's wife to die of cancer and that this has been proved false. The accusation is an extreme exaggeration. Well, according to this story the supervisor was so angry he almost killed Romney. Others had to hold him back. That's just a little bizarre (even if it did happen the way the DUmmie said it did). The normal response, if the supervisor decided to do anything, was to say something back to the young Romney. One doesn't kill the son of the guy who could fire you the next day. Thus, this, too, is a huge exaggeration.

Now, taking it one step further (remember, we're pushing beyond the limits of reality), as the 0bama pack ad did, they could put out an ad accusing Romney of giving this supervisor brain cancer? The other men holding him back. Thus, he didn't let him release his anger. And being that angry could cause brain cancer. See, that's as absurd as Romney being accused of causing his wife's cancer five years after the guy's company closed.

Since David Brooks started and runs the super pack that put out the ad, I suggested the DUmmie take this story to him. He has no ethics and is quite happy to put out ads that are false. And not just false, but easily proved to be false. Thus, it was an exercise in ABSURDITY illustrating ABSURDITY.

Cindie

Oh, hell, I was gonna edit the grammar mistakes but she probably won't understand the damn thing anyway.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 07:00:03 PM by delilahmused »
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 07:01:14 PM »
What the **** are you talking about?.....Obviously you don't understand simple concepts like analogy......

I know our colleague vesta111 has a great influence upon the tempers of other members, but don't let her get to you, drive you nuts.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 07:38:38 AM »
What the **** are you talking about? Gentiles and servants? Are you living in the 19th century? Who the hell does that anymore? What makes you think the Romney's had a damn butler? That's only for the very, very super rich. The Romney's weren't in that category. Besides, doesn't a governor and his family live in THE GOVERNOR'S MANSION? Don't think I've ever seen one with a butler. Though they do usually have a cook, given they have to cook state dinners and stuff.

Obviously you don't understand simple concepts like analogy. Let me explain:

An 0bama super pack ran an ad about how Romney was responsible for a man's wife dying of cancer because the company the guy worked for closed. The company he worked for ASKED Bain for help. It was beyond fixing. When it closed the guy lost his job. When he lost his job he lost his health insurance.

FIVE years later, he's still unemployed with no health insurance. His wife, the one who died of cancer, STILL HAD INSURANCE THROUGH HER EMPLOYER. When she found out she had cancer she STILL HAD INSURANCE THROUGH HER EMPLOYER. Just for clarification she got cancer FIVE YEARS AFTER THE GUY LOST HIS JOB. Do we understand that? Okay, let's move on.

This ad was so disgusting and so completely untrue, even the pro-0bama media couldn't let it go. Got that, the ad was false and ugly because it was accusing Romney of killing a man's wife.  As it was many years later the wife got sick and she had insurance despite this man sitting on his lazy ass, how could Romney possibly be responsible? There wasn't an economic downturn during this time of which I am aware.

Now back to the DUmmie's story. The guy the DUmmie referred to was a SUPERVISOR for the road commission. He wasn't a servant of any kind. What someone who works for a COMMISSIONER was doing in a work truck, I don't know. Generally the road CREWS drive the trucks. As Romney's dad was governor, why the supervisor not take the papers to the governor's office as everyone else would? If the gov wasn't at his office, they could be left with a secretary. Nor do I understand, since said supervisor works for the road commissioner (whatever the hell that is), why wouldn't he deliver papers to the head of the department he works for? What possible reason would a commissioner have to tell someone to deliver papers to a governor's house. If they're delivering papers, it's not an emergency. Because if it's an emergency, the would CALL the governor (they did have telephones in the 1960's). There's no reason someone needs to deliver papers to a governor's house government mansion provided by the state the every governor lives in during their term in office. Period. That's why they have things called OFFICES. Nor would anyone other than the commissioner call the gov about an emergency. So, this situation is ridiculous. Still with me?

Remember, Romney was accused of causing a man's wife to die of cancer and that this has been proved false. The accusation is an extreme exaggeration. Well, according to this story the supervisor was so angry he almost killed Romney. Others had to hold him back. That's just a little bizarre (even if it did happen the way the DUmmie said it did). The normal response, if the supervisor decided to do anything, was to say something back to the young Romney. One doesn't kill the son of the guy who could fire you the next day. Thus, this, too, is a huge exaggeration.

Now, taking it one step further (remember, we're pushing beyond the limits of reality), as the 0bama pack ad did, they could put out an ad accusing Romney of giving this supervisor brain cancer? The other men holding him back. Thus, he didn't let him release his anger. And being that angry could cause brain cancer. See, that's as absurd as Romney being accused of causing his wife's cancer five years after the guy's company closed.

Since David Brooks started and runs the super pack that put out the ad, I suggested the DUmmie take this story to him. He has no ethics and is quite happy to put out ads that are false. And not just false, but easily proved to be false. Thus, it was an exercise in ABSURDITY illustrating ABSURDITY.

Cindie

Oh, hell, I was gonna edit the grammar mistakes but she probably won't understand the damn thing anyway.

Very well written and a great explanation Cindie.    Thank you.

Actually I also was making fun of story as it is not uncommon for people in high places to receive bribes from various places that are in fact hand delivered to the home instead of to an office where their coming and going are recorded.

When the Governor has dealings with a State Commissioners who may be in charge of the private bids to work on a project, the winner of the bid stands to make millions and a kick back into the Governors war chest can be quite substantial. { same goes for government contractors that hire outside help from everything from who will clean the offices to what vending machines they will install and who will install them. } A cut throat business ------Ever hear about Bostons BIG DIG Project.

Far as Butlers, I guess the new term is Majordomo, SP?   The wealthy hire usually a male but sometimes a female to run their home for them as a person making big money has no time to go over household expenses or balance the check book for home related items, they pay the bills, taxes, keep track of kitchen help and insure everyone gets paid on time. They do just about everything a stay at home Mother use to do and more.   They can hire or fire anyone and the Boss is never bothered with home problems.---------I still call them glorified Butlers.

On  the coast we have Mansions that for some  become summer homes to the wealthy, Later in life they move there permanently, just down the road from Seahorse place in Rye lives Dan Brown the author, his digs are no Mansion but I assure you the  plumber does NOT come to the front door. Ex-governer does have a mansion down the road and we know when he is in residence, they hoist the American flag and the State flag.  Grocery delivery and caterers do NOT come to their front door.

Strange custom up here the very wealthy often send their kids to public schools until they hit High School then it is off to some high faulting boarding prep school.    Us of family's of very modest means grow up with these kids and when invited to their home our eyes popped out, darn our friends never had to clean a chicken coop or muck out a barn.   On the other hand the wealthy kids would spend more time at our homes then they did with each other.  When we the poor and meek spent time with our wealthy friends, we had to learn a new life style to be welcomed back again.

Not all the super wealthy had live in maids or butlers, but they did NOT mow their own lawns and had a cleaning service, Once in a while one would see a wealthy farmer out on a tractor or supervising in the milk barn but never in the kitchen cooking up a meal and telling sea storys to me as was done at my house for the entertainment of my guest. 

All kinds of life styles for both the rich and the poor, for me it was years before I realised my family was not wealthy in money but by then I realised what true wealth is.

So when some far fetched story is told about how the wealthy did somebody wrong, it could well be true or not, poor or rich, if someone is a scoundrel then the game field is level and anything goes.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 08:53:21 AM »
I remember one time I met Michelle Obama.  She was on the corner and selling some hot dogs.  She was wearing these awesome harem pants and had green curlers in her hair.  I remember it distinctly because she yelled for some guy back in the alley to bring her some buns.  Out came this little guy looking so scared.  I now know him as Obama.  I said "Hi" to hime and he said "No speak Engrish" and that was enough for that mean old woman to kick him in the butt and thump one of his huge ears.  It was very degrading.  Of course I can't prove this story but it's true, I promise!   :whistling:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.