Author Topic: Bouncy with a back-peddle  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Bouncy with a back-peddle
« on: September 07, 2012, 02:27:11 PM »
Cute. Tells a bouncy, then a disclaimer.
Primitives eat it up as fact.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021295770
Fri Sep 7, 2012, 01:35 PM
Barack_America (22,795 posts)

My father had a run-in with Mitt Romney years ago.
Here in Michigan. This would have been sometime back in the mid-60's, probably 1965, when George Romney was Governor. He started the story with, "you know, Mitt Romney almost didn't live to see this day..."

My father at the time worked for the road commission. One day his supervisor had to drop off something at the Romney home. He took my father and another coworker along in a county truck. They pulled up to the front of the house, the supervisor dropped whatever it was off (possibly survey data), and they began to drive away. Mitt Romney then came flying up in his own car, jumps out and begins yelling at them. You see, it seems that dear Mitt didn't take too kindly to lowly county workers parking their truck in his driveway and gracing his front door like they were people who mattered. Apparently it would "look bad" for people such as themselves to be seen in front of his house. I believe an entrance for servants was mentioned.

In any case, my father's supervisor was so insulted and pissed that he wanted to kill Romney. My father and coworker held him back because they were afraid he might do just that. Ya, right. BS flag.

Since so much of the DNC focus was about character, I figured I'd share with you something I learned about Romney's. There's no way of proving this story, of course, but I've no reason to doubt my father. And Romney certainly has done nothing otherwise to prove he respects working class Americans.
If there's no way to factually verify, why tell it?
Oh, that's right, DUmmies believe everything they read in the DUmp.

Example one.
Initech (33,927 posts)
7. Wow even as a young guy - Mitt was a member of the "get off my lawn" crowd.

Another...stretch.
jimlup (3,612 posts)
19. While not admisible in a court I'm sure your story is true...

It totally fits with who I perceive ol' Mitt Romney to be. Fake but accurate?  DUmbass.

More false specualtion.
aint_no_life_nowhere (16,344 posts)
20. I'd love to see his medical records

There's a good chance he's hiding a history of psychotherapy.
Get thee behind me, truth, we'll have none of you!!
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Bouncy with a back-peddle
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »
Mitt Romney would do this because he's evil > Mitt Romney is evil because he would do this > Mitt Romney would do this because he's evil > Mitt Romney is evil because he would do this > Mitt Romney would do this because he's evil > Mitt Romney is evil because he would do this > Mitt Romney would do this because he's evil > Mitt Romney is evil because he would do this > Mitt Romney would do this because he's evil > Mitt Romney is evil because he would do this > Mitt Romney would do this because he's evil > Mitt Romney is evil because he would do this > Mitt Romney would do this because he's evil > Mitt Romney is evil because he would do this > Mitt Romney would do this because he's evil > Mitt Romney is evil because he would do this > Mitt Romney would do this because he's evil > Mitt Romney is evil because he would do this > Mitt Romney would do this because he's evil > Mitt Romney is evil because he would do this > Mitt Romney would do this because he's evil > Mitt Romney is evil because he would do this > Mitt Romney would do this because he's evil > Mitt Romney is evil because he would do this > Mitt Romney would do this because he's evil > Mitt Romney is evil because he would do this >

And so on.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 02:34:58 PM »
Yeah, well, my wive's hairdresser's sister was in Indonesia in the late 60s-early 70s and watched a young Barry Sotero steal everyone's homework and claim them as his. Then when the head of the Madrassa told him half of the homework was wrong Barry said those papers were not his. Only the ones that were correct were his.  When the Madrassa head showed him that one of the wrong assignments had his name and his handwriting on it, he claimed that some fellow named George handed that in and forged his name.

Now I can't confirm this but it totally fits in with the way Obama has dealt with his career in politics.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 02:43:32 PM »
Mitt Romney was at Stanford in 1965, followed by a 2-1/2 year church mission to France.

Anything earlier, and he would have been in high school.

:bs:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:49:28 PM by Chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 02:50:04 PM »
More...
SmittynMo (318 posts)
21. I believe every word
true, or not.
Yessss, we know. :mental:

Barack_America (22,800 posts)
24. My father has no reason to lie.

It came up in a conversation we had some time ago about people he used to work with. He was talking about how much he had respected this supervisor, which led to the story. I'll ask him more of the details.
However, you most certainly do, and did.  :rotf:
DUmbass.

LiberalAndProud (8,758 posts)
29. I know this is only a story on the internet,
but I absolutely believe that this happened.
Remember this?-----> :mental:
Wear that proud. DblDUmbass
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:52:37 PM by Skul »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 03:06:29 PM »
This just reinforces the belief that liberals never grew up they still believe in fairy tales.

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 03:49:35 PM »
There's no way of proving this story

This is the first time that I recall a Bouncy fabricator essentially announcing in the story that it's made up.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 03:54:44 PM »
Well, rats, I thought I might've had the primitive.

I thought George Romney was elected governor of Michigan in 1966--the primitive says it happened when he was governor--but apparently he was re-elected in 1966, having first been elected in 1962.

Damn.

<<always likes catching primitives in errors of history.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 04:24:29 PM »
Grand prize for the stupidest, most asinine comment on the entire thread.
regnaD kciN (16,276 posts)
38. I wonder what would happen if Robme got so pissed-off...

Last edited Fri Sep 7, 2012, 03:45 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
...he called Obama an "n-word" during the debates?

Sadly, it would probably boost his support among Republicans...
Fortunately, you're dead wrong, and a racist A**h**e.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 05:22:09 PM »
Grand prize for the stupidest, most asinine comment on the entire thread.Fortunately, you're dead wrong, and a racist A**h**e.

The thing is that DUmmies love that word and if they thought they could get away with it, half of DU would be nothing but an endless series of n-word posts.  They know they can't get away with it in polite society, but sometimes they slip up, which happened when Mia Love got inside their little heads and they had to take their rage out on her Wikipedia page.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 05:46:09 PM »

Well my father told me that he nailed Morgan Fairchild in the NY Ritz in the 80s....repeatedly. I know this is only a story on the internet,
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 05:49:20 PM »
Well my father told me that he nailed Morgan Fairchild in the NY Ritz in the 80s....repeatedly. I know this is only a story on the internet,
I am your father, jukin.
Believe it.
 :whistling:

More...
rocktivity (35,317 posts)

60. And I'm sure that it was a shit-hot set of wheels that young Mitt jumped out of
Last edited Fri Sep 7, 2012, 06:37 PM USA/ET - Edit history (8) 8????

The kind of car that people like your dad had to either save their pennies for, or make from scratch.

Then this snot-nosed little punk who's never worked a day in his life has the nerve to say, "Next time YOU PEOPLE come to MY house, use the SERVANT'S entrance?" No wonder he nearly got his ass kicked into the next month!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response to rocktivity (Reply #60)

Fri Sep 7, 2012, 06:12 PM

Barack_America (22,804 posts)

64. You've basically summarized the story as my father told it to me.
Pathetic.

Response to Barack_America (Original post)
Fri Sep 7, 2012, 05:56 PM
 jsr (455 posts)

63. Completely credible
given what we know about him.
You idiots don't know anything about him. Liar.

Response to Barack_America (Original post)
Fri Sep 7, 2012, 06:36 PM
 DonRedwood (762 posts)

66. we need to hear from their maids, gardeners, teachers...etc.... thank you for sharing!
Here's something I'll share just for you. ----  :bird:   DUmbass
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 05:56:59 PM by Skul »

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 05:58:02 PM »
Pathetic  :whatever:

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 07:43:25 PM »
A bunch of union thugs show up, dump something on the lawn and young Mitt asks them what the heck they are doing. The most violent union thug, jealous of young Mitt's luck at being born to an industrious father wants to kill him. I can believe that.

Then years later, this DUmmie's dad fabricates a story out of it. Like all DUmmies, they lie, fabricate, and dream up the most preposterous things.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 07:45:53 PM »
Yes, BEG, it may be pathetic, but it's a sign of absolute desperation amongst the maggots at the DUmp.  They don't have anything else.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 07:52:38 PM »
I don't blame young Mitt a bit--DUmmy trash should've known enough to go around back to the service entrance.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline jukin

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 09:32:12 PM »
I am your father, jukin.
Believe it.
 :whistling:

LMFAO
Finally, I found my scoundrel father!

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 09:33:56 PM »
LMFAO
Finally, I found my scoundrel father!

Did he name you Sue?
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 09:59:18 PM »
My uncle had a friend whose brother's third cousin (by marriage) had a step-sister whose proctologist went to elementary school with Barry in Hawaii. When they were 5, they had to build a building with blocks in ome hour. Well, this proctologist ( we'll call him George) built a great tower, structurly sound, while young Barry kept giving other kids' blocks to the kids too poor to go to school.

Anyway, after an hour, Barry looked at these blocks he took and hadn't given to other kids in a garbled mess. The teacher passed by, and gave him an incomplete, because that's what young Barry said he deserved, and that if he had another hour, he could do more.

The teacher patted him on the head, amd went over to George's blocks. She praised him, and gave him an "A" for the great work.

Enraged, Barry kicked over George's building, constantly yelling "YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT!!!"

I know this is just an internet story, but I actually truly believe it's true.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 08:29:11 AM »
Just an update.
Barack_America (22,800 posts)
24. My father has no reason to lie.
It came up in a conversation we had some time ago about people he used to work with. He was talking about how much he had respected this supervisor, which led to the story. I'll ask him more of the details.
No mention at all that the primitive ever again discussed it with papa. None.
Even if the idiot claimed he did, I seriously doubt it would be true.

YBR31 (105 posts)
 Response to Barack_America (Reply #53)
Sat Sep 8, 2012, 08:29 AM

107. Would he be willing to go public or talk to a reporter?
The story has to be true, to begin with, idiot.
It's not, it's a lie.  The OP lied to you, get it?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 08:37:58 AM »
I don't blame young Mitt a bit--DUmmy trash should've known enough to go around back to the service entrance.

Uh, I'm curious about something.

How would Mitt Romney's "alleged" behavior be any different from the ways the Kennedy offspring treated their menial help, a matter of common knowledge and public record?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 08:46:46 AM »
This just reinforces the belief that liberals never grew up they still believe in fairy tales.

I think they believe them because they are fairy tales.  Something tells me this was in a movie I saw about a year ago.  It sounds very familiar.  Something about rival tobacco planting families or something.  

How would Mitt Romney's "alleged" behavior be any different from the ways the Kennedy offspring treated their menial help, a matter of common knowledge and public record?

Never happened.  Limbaugh h8tr lies.  FauxNews propaganda.  Public record was altered by ReichWing operatives ordered by Booooooosh.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:50:20 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »
Uh, I'm curious about something.

Good point. He didn't get them pregnant, or drown them.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 12:57:25 PM »
Why would a road crew supervisor have access to the governor's home for any reason?

They are SO far removed from county government, and a road crew supervisor?  For real?

Anyone know what this house looked like?  I know it was on the border of a golf course, because his dad played a couple of holes of golf at dawn everyday.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 02:58:42 PM »
YBR31 (105 posts)
 Response to Barack_America (Reply #53)
Sat Sep 8, 2012, 08:29 AM

107. Would he be willing to go public or talk to a reporter?

Did the supervisor get brain cancer and die because he was so mad at Romney? That would be a great commercial. Talk to David Brooks...he'd be happy to do it.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams