Author Topic: Don admits he lives in a frying pan.  (Read 1271 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Don admits he lives in a frying pan.
« on: August 29, 2012, 11:23:19 AM »
Quote from:
NNN0LHI

My wife and I nearly made a big mistake. We almost jumped from the frying pan into the fire

We both have mothers with alzheimers so we are making long drives to go and take care of them nearly daily.

We concluded that with winter coming it was only going to become worse and more dangerous to make these drives.

We had decided to sell our house and move nearer to them both. We wanted to purchase a condo just a few miles from our mothers houses.

We talked to Realtors and looked at some and were just about ready to do it. The Realtors made everything sound great. They told us all of the good things about condos. They never mentioned any drawbacks. It almost sounded too good to be true. Turned out it was too good to be true.

My wife has a sister who manages condos with her husband so just for the hell of it I decided to call her yesterday for her advice.

She gave me the name of a realtor and told me to call him and ask him what he thought of our idea.

Sure glad I made that call.

After introducing myself to this gentleman and explaining my situation and where we were thinking about buying the phone went quiet for a while. I thought the phone went dead. But it didn't.

After continuing our conversation the first words out of he mouth were this.

He said Don, I have a better idea for you. I said I was all ears and asked him what he suggests?

He said you would be better off pitching a tent out in the forest preserve and live there.

I was actually offended until he explained why that would be a better option.

He said that the Condo Owners Association is made up of people who are not even close to being in the same financial situation as my wife and I are in.

He said many of them are living in million and a half to two million dollar condos and money doesn't mean anything to them.

He said when they get together for their meetings they may decide that all of the condo parking lots need to be repaved at a cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars. He said after we move in we may get an additional assessment that we are required to pay in the tens of thousands of dollars to pay for that parking lot repaving and we would have to pay it. Not optional. He said that assessment could very well be 30 to $40,000 dollars. He explained that would kill me with my small pension but it wouldn't even put a dent into the wealthy decision makers bank accounts who wanted that repaving job and are calling the shots. At that point I realized I was out of my league. Way out of my league.

That man talked to me over 3 hours, like a father would talk to a son. We discussed everything from condos to mothers with alzheimers. He had one too.

It was the most enlightening 3+ hours I have had in my entire life. Felt like I made a lifelong friend. Think I did?

Damn, I sure am glad I made that phone call yesterday.

How many people would have taken 3 hours out of their life telling me what this man did the way he did for no financial gain?

Don

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021223437

OK, what's wrong with this picture?

Old Don, who because of his own stupidity in trusting the unions to make sure he would have sufficient funds in which to retire, but who turns out can barely pay the taxes on the property he does own, intends to buy a condo in an area where they go for $1.5M - $2M.

I've owned and managed real estate for a long time, and I've never seen condos set up where extremely high end condos are right next door, and especially not in the same association with, the price range of condos that old Don might be able to afford, which are probably in the $50K range.

Don's lying....... again.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: Don admits he lives in a frying pan.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 11:30:30 AM »
This bouncy puts old grouchy Don in the same tall tale category as Pam Dawson.

The sole purpose of this bouncy tale is to tell his fellow DUmpmonkeys that he can buy a condominium in a development that houses multimillionaires.

Don's hope, like Pam's, is that after reading the bouncy all the other DUmmies will reflect on their own failed lives, and feel intense envy.

I think this may be the first time that Don has gone down that road.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 11:35:44 AM »
Also notice this:

Quote from:
That man talked to me over 3 hours, like a father would talk to a son.

Primitives like to be treated like children.  As we've noted, they continually turn to their parent figure, the gov't, to tell them what to do.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Re: Re: Don admits he lives in a frying pan.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 11:42:06 AM »
Also notice this:

Primitives like to be treated like children.  As we've noted, they continually turn to their parent figure, the gov't, to tell them what to do.

That's probably why the DUmmies thought Algore's stump speeches in 2000 were brilliant.  He was spoke as though he were talking to children.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 12:48:44 PM »
This bouncy puts old grouchy Don in the same tall tale category as Pam Dawson.

The sole purpose of this bouncy tale is to tell his fellow DUmpmonkeys that he can buy a condominium in a development that houses multimillionaires.

Don's hope, like Pam's, is that after reading the bouncy all the other DUmmies will reflect on their own failed lives, and feel intense envy.

I think this may be the first time that Don has gone down that road.

You're right.

I've been watching my pal Don for years, and this is the first I can recall.

By the way, the only showing my pal Don's made in the Top DUmmies was #11 Top DUmmie in 2011; perhaps he can do better this year, twelve weeks hence.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 01:36:33 PM »
If he would only read the Cave, we gave him all kinds of sound, wise advice when this subject first came up. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 01:40:44 PM »
If he would only read the Cave, we gave him all kinds of sound, wise advice when this subject first came up.

Right; I dunno why the primitives lurking over here, come here just to read the DUmpster.

There's a lot more to conservativecave than the DUmpster.

Too bad for the too-narrowly-focused primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 01:54:13 PM »
There is a simple solution. Keep your house and stay in your mothers house, when you go to take care of them. Or are you NOT welcome to live there anymore?
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 02:16:34 PM »
Right; I dunno why the primitives lurking over here, come here just to read the DUmpster.

There's a lot more to conservativecave than the DUmpster.

Too bad for the too-narrowly-focused primitives.

Oh Dear Coach, I am just guessing you might have missed this thread:

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/10021160867

It appears poor old Don has a very large plate of problems and very small spoon to gobble them down with.

The question I have where is the Alzheimer Forum?  Apparently Don feels his is loseing his mental acumen or is likely to in the not too distant future. 

Then there is this thread you might also like to look at to further analysis the depths of his situation:

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/10021196266

I posted this one in another thread earlier but it also has some bearing on this one as it goes to the state of our Grouchy Amigo's mind. 

Perhaps you can undertake a more in depth analysis of this with these two additional threads.   I think the poor boy doesn't have enough to keep his mind active and is seizing up.  OR, put another way, he is suffering from  Moonbats in the belfry.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 04:52:52 PM »
Oh Dear Coach, I am just guessing you might have missed this thread:

Excellent find! But I'm confused:
Sun Aug 19, 2012, 01:42 PM
NNN0LHI (66,795 posts)

Anyone else not elderly or infirm yet thinking about going into assisted living?
Last edited Sun Aug 19, 2012, 01:46 PM USA/ET - Edit history (3)

My wife is 59 and I am 57.

We have learned, the hard way, that if something like this isn't done while both of us still have our mental and physical capacities it will be too late.

Both of our widowed mothers are now in the later stages of alzheimer's and neither of them can be pried out of their homes where they live alone at now with a crowbar. Can't be done. They both waited too long until doing something like this and it is now too late for them. They have both become hateful now and think the entire world is against them.
What do you guys think about this idea of ours?

Now or later?

What would you do?

My question is how do these apparently victims of advanced senility differ from most DUmpmonkeys?

In fact, how does this description of the elderly mothers differ from grouchy, hateful old Don himself?

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 06:29:08 PM »
This HAS to give Don a leg up on DOTY.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 06:40:42 PM »
NNN0LHI, NNN0LHI, NNN0LHI bore -DUmmy of glower and blight. Heaven and Earth are sick of your stories. Obama, in the highest.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 07:17:22 PM »
:-)

I really think the whole crux of this rant is typical class envy and evil "richer than me".  the rest is just thrown in to flesh out the bouncy.  He really likes the "woe is me" stuff though.

Typical.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:19:52 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 03:31:54 AM »
Outside of loosing his "man"cave, what's wrong with moving both mothers into the basement?   :hammer:

I'm sure Donnie has enough room there to divide it into 2 apartmentettes for them.  This way, he can forgo the long drives this winter, and have both mothers underfoot, so to speak. 
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 10:11:51 AM »
Outside of loosing his "man"cave, what's wrong with moving both mothers into the basement?   :hammer:

I'm sure Donnie has enough room there to divide it into 2 apartmentettes for them.  This way, he can forgo the long drives this winter, and have both mothers underfoot, so to speak. 

Now that is an excellent suggestion.. he can also sell both houses (that the mothers now occupy) to provide the money for their care, and it won't cost him a dime to boot.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 02:55:49 PM »
Now that is an excellent suggestion.. he can also sell both houses (that the mothers now occupy) to provide the money for their care, and it won't cost him a dime to boot.

If they are in the situations he has indicated at some point I would think the state would step in and take the homes to cover the state's cost of their care.

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 03:28:43 PM »
Late stage of Old Timers Don says,     RIGHT.   :bs:

Most likely both mothers are sharp as a tack and refuse to put everything in Don and his wife's name to keep the state from seizing their assets.  Getting old and mean, they refuse to give Don and wife an advance on their inheritance, or give them a loan with 0% interest.        

From the ages of both Don and wife neither Mother is even 80 years old yet and may be healthy as a horse, perhaps another 10+ years of life ahead of them.

If indeed late stage of Old Timers  for them both,   no way can they live alone nor will a once a week visit from Don and wife help them in any way.      

I smell money here,  there may be family internal problems with siblings that are more favored and wants the biggest slice of the pie.  

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 06:25:04 PM »
Late stage of Old Timers Don says,     RIGHT.   :bs:

Most likely both mothers are sharp as a tack and refuse to put everything in Don and his wife's name to keep the state from seizing their assets.  Getting old and mean, they refuse to give Don and wife an advance on their inheritance, or give them a loan with 0% interest.        

From the ages of both Don and wife neither Mother is even 80 years old yet and may be healthy as a horse, perhaps another 10+ years of life ahead of them.

If indeed late stage of Old Timers  for them both,   no way can they live alone nor will a once a week visit from Don and wife help them in any way.      

I smell money here,  there may be family internal problems with siblings that are more favored and wants the biggest slice of the pie.  

Vesta, you might be on to something here.
Ol' Donnie may be making a play to sell all 3 houses, buying a 2 room shack for the moms, and "upgrading" his own digs, before the rest of the kids in the family get their cut.

I agree with you.  If the moms are coherent and cogent enough to warrant visits only every week or two, they sure as hell DON'T need his worthless ass in their way.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 07:53:19 PM »
Vesta, you might be on to something here.
Ol' Donnie may be making a play to sell all 3 houses, buying a 2 room shack for the moms, and "upgrading" his own digs, before the rest of the kids in the family get their cut.

I agree with you.  If the moms are coherent and cogent enough to warrant visits only every week or two, they sure as hell DON'T need his worthless ass in their way.
You can be sure the last thing ol' Don wants is for these two old ladies to deteriorate to the point the government liquidates their assets to contribute to their care on the public dole.

I'm reminded of Paulie Walnuts (The Sopranos) at his Mom's nursing home. These two old ladies should lock up their pillows any time grouchy, selfish ol' Don is around, and be sure a third person is always present.

There's no doubt grouchy, selfish ol' Don knows the up-to-the-minute Zillow estimate for both of their homes.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:26:00 PM by GOBUCKS »

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 08:21:59 PM »
Truer words, GOBUCKS....

If there's one thing we know about the primitives and money, it's that they believe they should be the one's controlling and benefiting from it.  If they have to, they'll start with mooching off grandma and/or mom and work their way from there.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 11:23:31 PM »
Truer words, GOBUCKS....

If there's one thing we know about the primitives and money, it's that they believe they should be the one's controlling and benefiting from it.  If they have to, they'll start with mooching off grandma and/or mom and work their way from there.

Every up in take has to start somewhere.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.