Author Topic: Ava, now a director's assistant on a documentary about "transgendered" Mexicans  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002931517

Now she is a blast from the past and yes, she is serious:

Crossing Over - Transgender Documentary
Hi All!
I wanted to share with you the trailer to a new film that I'm proud to be a part of. I'm currently serving as assistant to the director on a feature-length documentary following three transgendered immigrants from Mexico that are seeking political asylum in the United States due to emotional, physical and sexual abuses inflicted upon them in their home country. Today we released our trailer and began a fund-raising campaign. This is a truly important film that we hope can bring awareness to this group of women and others like them. You can view the trailer and read more about the film at the link below. I hope you'll help us spread word about the film and the cause.

http://crossingoverdocumentary.tumblr.com/post/26981003812/we-are-so-excited-and-proud-to-share-our-new

Thanks!
- Ava 19   
:whatever:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
transgendered immigrants from Mexico
I'm glad that college degree is paying off. :rofl:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Quote from: Ava
I'm currently serving as assistant to the director

Isn't that the "pick up my dry cleaning and make me a sammich" girl? 

I figure documentary filmmakers don't need a fluff girl.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
Isn't that the "pick up my dry cleaning and make me a sammich" girl? 

I figure documentary filmmakers don't need a fluff girl.

For trannys they might need a modified "fuzz tucker".

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Perhaps Tucker will chime in and address that...

:popcorn:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Big Dog

I think you just named the next reality show on the Discovery Channel:

FUZZ TUCKERS
Thursday night at 9, only on...Discovery
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Airwolf

I'm sure that will be a huge hit at  the Sundance film festival.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
three transgendered immigrants from Mexico

Oh, hell, that's called Saturday night in south McAllen.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
What part of 15 seconds did Ava not get?  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ChuckJ

Crossing Over - Transgender Documentary
Hi All!
I wanted to share with you the trailer to a new film that I'm proud to be a part of. I'm currently serving as assistant to the director on a feature-length documentary following three transgendered immigrants from Mexico that are seeking political asylum in the United States due to emotional, physical and sexual abuses inflicted upon them in their home country. Today we released our trailer and began a fund-raising campaign. This is a truly important film that we hope can bring awareness to this group of women and others like them. You can view the trailer and read more about the film at the link below. I hope you'll help us spread word about the film and the cause.

http://crossingoverdocume...nd-proud-to-share-our-new

Thanks!
- Ava 19   

Why would they be coming here from Mexico? Hasn't nadin often told us how wonderful Mexico is and how it is far ahead of the US in everything?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline JakeStyle

Holy crap that blond thing in the trailer looks like Nick Nolte with a bad wig. I wish that I hadn't watched that.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Holy crap that blond thing in the trailer looks like Nick Nolte with a bad wig. I wish that I hadn't watched that.

You did so that I might save the VRWC Ops Budget some money on mind bleach.  H5! :tongue: :fuelfire: O-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ChuckJ

Oilwellian (8,261 posts)
8. Ava, this is fantastic

Last edited Wed Jul 11, 2012, 06:55 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

It's been such a joy to watch you bloom over the years. Your work is so important and is what inspired me to learn how to make political videos as well. We all, every single progressive who pays attention to what's going on, plays the important role of messenger otherwise normal people wouldn't know that nutcases like us and our fellow DUers exist. I fully expect to see you one day, walking up those stairs and receiving an Oscar for Best Documentary because if Michael Moore's fake docus can win surely you can too! Keep up the great work!

-------------
I think the bolded, red that I added to the above post makes the post more honest and better represents things, but maybe that's just me.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
I think you just named the next reality show on the Discovery Channel:

FUZZ TUCKERS
Thursday night at 9, only on...Discovery

Perhaps - but there is one question that is far more important - Will Mike Rowe narrate it ?

Offline ChuckJ

Perhaps - but there is one question that is far more important - Will Mike Rowe narrate it ?

There may be jobs that are too dirty for even Mike Rowe. :lmao:

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!

Forrest Tucker could have, but he's dead, so how about Forrest Gump?   :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Big Dog

If Forrest Gump can't make it, that leaves Jamie Gumm.

-Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline jtyangel

You know something that occurs to me is their attempts to flee to US based on 'political asylum' is a stretch. They'd have to prove, I would imagine, that their abuse is institutionalized in some way and I would think that you are picked on for being a cross dresser by the local townsfolk probably doesn't qualify. By the same token though, I have some respect for these folks because instead of crossing the border illegally like many of their fellow countrymen, they are actually attempting legal means to immigrate to this country. If for no other reason, I have respect for that. Boy the contradictions Ava must face. On one hand she needs all the illegal brown people racing across the border to get their illegal vote in for her president to get reelected and on the other hand those same people probably abuse the subjects of her documentary she's now trying to create sympathy for who are actually taking the proper steps in order to immigrate LEGALLY to the US.

The sad thing is these he/shes look more professional and like they could bring more to the table as a US citizen then most of the people who probably abuse them, cross the borders illegally, and then drain our system.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam

Interesting documentary, More fun to have Eric Estrada do the voice over.  Or the Poncho and his side kick The Cisco Kid.

BTW-----What on earth is a Fuzz Tucker-----New Lingo to me.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Perhaps Tucker will chime in and address that...

:popcorn:

Nothing witty to add.  :mad:

This from the comment section at link:

No one has commented yet.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
Interesting documentary, More fun to have Eric Estrada do the voice over.  Or the Poncho and his side kick The Cisco Kid.

BTW-----What on earth is a Fuzz Tucker-----New Lingo to me.

Back in the day, before body scaping, strip clubs needed a "fuzz tucker" to help the girls tuck the fuzz in to their brief costumes.  It was one of the carrears I researched as a young man along with rocket scientist.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!

Forrest Whitaker could--after all, he was in The Crying Game.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
You know something that occurs to me is their attempts to flee to US based on 'political asylum' is a stretch. They'd have to prove, I would imagine, that their abuse is institutionalized in some way and I would think that you are picked on for being a cross dresser by the local townsfolk probably doesn't qualify. By the same token though, I have some respect for these folks because instead of crossing the border illegally like many of their fellow countrymen, they are actually attempting legal means to immigrate to this country. If for no other reason, I have respect for that. Boy the contradictions Ava must face. On one hand she needs all the illegal brown people racing across the border to get their illegal vote in for her president to get reelected and on the other hand those same people probably abuse the subjects of her documentary she's now trying to create sympathy for who are actually taking the proper steps in order to immigrate LEGALLY to the US.

The sad thing is these he/shes look more professional and like they could bring more to the table as a US citizen then most of the people who probably abuse them, cross the borders illegally, and then drain our system.
But the one's case has been going on for 5 years and she hasn't bothered to learn English? That is one thing I had a problem with. A good friend got to stay here due to asylum and that was something he did before even leaving Cuba. He is now a citizen and serving in the military.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline DumbAss Tanker

But the one's case has been going on for 5 years and she hasn't bothered to learn English? That is one thing I had a problem with. A good friend got to stay here due to asylum and that was something he did before even leaving Cuba. He is now a citizen and serving in the military.

Asylum has a lot more to do with politics than individual persecution, it is pretty much automatic if you are from Cuba because of foreign policy reasons - we have officially and continuously condemned Cuba as an oppressive oligarchy that persecutes all sorts of individual freedoms, so in the face of our official posiiton it's tough to turn down anyone who flees from it. 

One of the big reasons for granting asylum is not altruism, it is because it is a way of making the other country look bad and condemning them for civil rights abuses.  Therefore, Mexico is a whole different ball of yarn from Cuba, because no matter how FUBAR and institutionally corrupt it really is, all the modern US Presidents and Congresses have pretended it is a functioning Western democracy, so they are loathe to grant Mexicans political asylum.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ChuckJ

I just went to the website. I guess assisting the director doesn't merit a mention on the crew page.