Author Topic: Nads knows diets  (Read 3612 times)

Offline formerlurker

Nads knows diets
« on: May 02, 2012, 05:32:18 AM »
Star Member nadinbrzezinski
64. I think it really depends on how YOU DO IT

View profile

Last edited Tue May 1, 2012, 09:29 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
no serious. I followed a simple plan, and lost and maintained fifty pounds off (need to lose another twenty but doc and I think perhaps not possible due to adrenal issues, adult metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance)

Anyway did not count calories, did not chose right or wrong foods... none of that nonsense.

I simply paid attention to my stomach and ate until full, not a morsel more. I do that to this day. I was never hungry...

It got even more interesting, as I paid attention to my body... I started to crave fruits and vegies. Due to the diabetes I need to control my input of carbs anyway. But it is not that they are bad foods... just pay attention.

I used McKenna (Paul McKenna four golden rules)... and you know what? It works.

Now traditional diets... I agree... and I was a yoyo, even if I gained those fifty pounds in three months over the side effects of one medicine. It took almost four years to lose them.

Granted these days I have zero appetite for bread, but that has to do with my gluten allergy. I see donuts, like today I had coffee at a donut shop... they are all but attractive at this point. They did look beautiful though. (And the size of those monsters... nope they were not one portion, even two... they were five donuts in one... the largest donuts I have ever seen in my life)

We went to the movie theater. We ordered a small popcorn for two people... and it was enough... sometimes we have some left over for the conures. They love popcorn.

And unlike the poster who talked to you about self control... I admit, I don't have any self control... what is that? I learned to listen to my body, period.

I have pointed to "I can make you thin" in the past, because at least IMHO it works. And one reason it works, is that there is no judgement on it, there is no self control, there is no good or bad foods, or any of that nonsense...and yes, it is puritanical nonsense.

And you know what? There are days I am hungry. A few times it is emotional, have learned to tell the difference too. At times it is real hunger. When it is emotional, water... when not I eat... even if "out of schedule."

There are days I am hardly hungry. Those days can be a challenge since I have to actually eat something to keep diabetes under control... I eat, a small portion... but most of the time, I eat, and that is it.

And to the but you have to have self control... I just say.. .bullocks...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002633097#post64

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Nads knows diets
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 05:37:36 AM »
Another 20?  20 STONE, maybe.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 05:54:19 AM »
I do not have the link, but my very first 'iggy' from Nads was in a diet thread.  Regardless of how many posters told her that if calories in are greater than calories out there will be no weight loss, but gain instead.

She discarded portion control, increasing exercise to attain calories in < calories out, proper foods in reasonable amounts, and all other sensible statements, and focused on a "set point theory" where the body 'knows' what it wants to weigh, and there is nothing the owner of the body can do to control it.

I think she became the most upset at the suggestion that walking to the kitchen for more chips while dusting the cookie crumbs off your chest on the way  one should not count the few steps involved as part of an exercise program (or something to that effect.)

I got a "bye" and the handwave smiley.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:09:56 AM by dane »
This too shall pass.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 05:56:58 AM »
I know a few people that were able to loose weight on the stop when you are not hungry anymore plan. But it is not recommended for diabetics. The whole premise is simple. You are hungry then you eat and stop when you are satisfied but not full. Coupled with exercise it does work for some and they are able to keep the weight off. You don't just eat anything though. Your meals still need to be balanced.
Funny how nads doesn't mention the exercise part just makes a ton of excuses on why she is a fat little troll.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 09:42:34 AM »
Clearly, in Nada's case, the results speak for themselves.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 10:23:07 AM »

Why does she make this so easy? Nadin - WE HAVE PICTURES OF YOU.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 10:36:52 AM »

View profile

no serious. I followed a simple plan, and lost and maintained fifty pounds off (need to lose another twenty

Damn!! 

Does she have one of those concave mirrors that is used in a circus funhouse?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 11:26:16 AM »
Listening to Nads about diets is like listening to an Ethiopian about gourmet.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 11:30:21 AM »

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 11:32:21 AM »
I started to crave fruits and vegies. Due to the diabetes I need to control my input of carbs anyway.
Someone needs to tell her fruits and "vegies" have a lot of carbs too.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 11:34:12 AM »

Why does she make this so easy? Nadin - WE HAVE PICTURES OF YOU.

:lmao:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »

What do these people do for a living?  I can't imagine working with anyone that looks like that.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 11:37:49 AM by chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 12:11:19 PM »
No one can say the crazy bald dwarf didn't lose fifty pounds.

It's very unlikely, and since she's a DUmmy it's nearly certain that she's lying, but it's possible.

HOWEVER, however, however, we have seen photos of her taken within the last ten days.

As a conservative estimate, her Body Mass Index (which combines height and weight) is at least FIFTY.

Before she lost her alleged fifty pounds, she would have been off the chart, in tear-down-a-wall-to-remove-the-body territory

It's highly arguable, but the range for "normal" is under twenty-five, and anything over thirty is considererd "obese".

The crazy bald dwarf nadin is grossly, grotesquely, morbidly obese.

She has the physique of an NBA basketball, but gives diet advice to the DUmp.

Makes as much sense as any other advice she gives.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 12:22:10 PM »

EXACTLY! Of all the people to speak of dieting, NadaBrain is the last person I would listen to!

View profile

no serious. I followed a simple plan, and lost and maintained fifty pounds off (need to lose another twenty

Another twenty? Maybe off yer ass! What about the 30 yer carryin' around on yer waist?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 12:26:19 PM »
Nada could lose another fifty ugly pounds but it would require a guillotine.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 02:05:51 PM »
We all know that nads is the best thing to happen over there since Pammy cheated death at the laundry-mat. :rotf:

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Re: Nads knows diets
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 02:15:03 PM »
Someone please update Nadin's resume...whoever is in charge of that...Ballygirl? Nadin is now a registered diaticion.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 02:19:10 PM »
Ack, can't edit my mis-spelling...but it was Nadin-esqe. :P

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 02:28:51 PM »

Oh.

I thought you did it on purpose, and it's awesome.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 02:43:58 PM »

Simply typing 'Nadin' will often cause the fingers to strike keys haphazardly in an attempt to speak/type Nadinese.
This too shall pass.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »
Simply typing 'Nadin' will often cause the fingers to strike keys haphazardly in an attempt to speak/type Nadinese.

Nads is a contagion -- someone add it to the resume!   :-)
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nads knows diets
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 03:03:47 PM »
Oh.

I thought you did it on purpose, and it's awesome.

I only wish I did that on porpouise, Frank.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 03:04:39 PM »
Nads is a contagion -- someone add it to the resume!   :-)

:rofl: :lol:

Offline Mike B the Cajun

• Pot Stirrer
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 07:49:15 PM »
I only wish I did that on porpouise, Frank.

You guys are killing me, I tell 'ya!!!
Don't get stuck on stupid...

I am of the CauCajun persuasion...  :-)

Leftwing lunatic thought process concerning police: I'm armed with bad breath and body odor. The police are armed with a badge, a tazer, a 9mm, and a shotgun.  I should antagonize them.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 07:55:36 PM »
Thank you! I thought my computer had a virus or something.