Author Topic: Jenna Bush wedding a big deal for tiny Crawford  (Read 10262 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Jenna Bush wedding a big deal for tiny Crawford
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 12:33:11 PM »
well, this is turning into a chick thread.

[exeunt] :-)

I noticed....I'm right behind you....

doc

*sound of slamming door*

:-)

Offline Lauri

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 12:34:17 PM »
Found something!

Our US fashion blog Shiny Style have been keeping an eye on Jenna Bush's wedding. Andrea writes... More details have come out about the Lela Rose bridesmaids dresses that Jenna Bush's attendents will wear in her May 10 wedding to Henry Hager.

Jenna's twin, Barbara, will wear a long Lela Rose moonstone-colored shimmery gown with an antique silver belt and a low-cut back. The designer created a similar belt for the other bridesmaids' dresses.

The bride requested that Lela Rose make each knee-length dress in a different color inspired by Texas wildflowers. Each dress has handmade rosettes and is made of crinkle silk chiffon backed with cotton voile.

"It will be glorious in Texas at this time of year. It could not be prettier," Rose, who is also from Texas and has known Jenna and Barbara since they were young, told WWD. "Crawford has meant so much to them. Having their wedding in a natural space and mimicking nature seemed very natural."

The outdoor ceremony will take place in front of 200 sure-to-be top-tier guests.

that's them! i think the sketch is gorgeous.. it wouldnt be *my* preferences, but Jenna is a young girl and its very fresh. i love it that she's having it small with just her family and friends. can you imagine having diplomats and heads of state at your wedding just cause your parents live at the White House? that would be aweful..

i hope they all have a blast.. and she and Henry are very, very happy.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 12:35:17 PM »

They look like a bunch of 1960's pregnant chicks.

no they dont... those are actually a bit on the thin side.. i doubt all her bridesmaid are size 2s...

Offline Lauri

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 12:36:47 PM »
well, this is turning into a chick thread.

[exeunt] :-)

I noticed....I'm right behind you....

doc

*sound of slamming door*

oh come on! its the Bush twins... how Americana can you get?  :-)

We've watched them grow up a bit and they are great girls... this is a breath of fresh air for the country, people should enjoy it.

:-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 12:46:33 PM »
I for one, can't wait to drool over whatever photos they allow the press to publish. I love weddings! And a Presidential wedding to boot! Go Jenna!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lauri

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 04:00:31 PM »
I for one, can't wait to drool over whatever photos they allow the press to publish. I love weddings! And a Presidential wedding to boot! Go Jenna!

i think the Bush twins are darling.. i dont know them, but how fun to be finally getting a son into the family? we have that happening right now and my husband is thrilled to not be the only guy any longer.

its a fun time.. i hope we get to see some pics as well, but the Bush's are pretty notoriously private with stuff like this..  they will probably release a few just for the media.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 04:12:11 PM »
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2008, 04:46:55 PM »
CRAWFORD — Saturday, in an Oscar de la Renta gown with twin sister Barbara at her side, Jenna Bush, 26, will marry 29-year-old business school student Henry Hager at her parents' Central Texas ranch.

It's probably as close as Oscar de la Renta will ever get to Crawford.

Celebrating their marriage at the president's secluded ranch is an effective way to keep it private. The property is guarded by local law enforcement and Secret Service agents, with fencing, roadblocks, surveillance cameras, an overhead no-fly zone and more.

Undeterred, the media are sending correspondents to Crawford to cover the wedding, somehow. The usual skeleton crew of White House reporters staying in nearby Waco has been swelled by arrivals from People magazine and Inside Edition.

The wedding also is a last hurrah of sorts for Crawford. The town saw its fortunes and profile rise when Bush built his 1,600-acre ranch there. More recently, like the president's approval ratings, Crawford has fallen on hard times.

The few gift shops still open for the trickling tourist trade are stocked with wedding souvenirs, including mugs with Jenna and Henry's engagement photo.

Despite the best efforts of her parents and the Secret Service to shield her, Jenna Bush has grown up before the country's eyes, from boisterous college party girl to earnest teacher and author.

"We're both really, really excited," first lady Laura Bush said at the White House this week of herself and the president. "We're very thrilled, and, of course, Jenna is so happy, and Henry is very happy. And that makes their mother and dad really happy."

The White House is being secretive about the ceremony, secretive even by the opaque Bush administration standards.

"Be assured that there will be absolutely no readout of the wedding, whatsoever," White House spokesman Gordon Johndroe said Thursday. "This really is a private event for the family."

A few scant details
Still, some details have leaked out. About 200 guests will gather Saturday at a remote location for a security sweep and transport to the ranch.

Jenna and Henry will be married at twilight in front of a limestone altar and cross near a man-made lake on the property.

Jenna's dress is organza with embroidery, beading and a small train. Barbara, serving as maid of honor, will wear a moonstone-blue silk gown with an open back. Fourteen friends will serve in the house party, wearing custom gowns of cocktail length in shades of Texas wildflowers.

"It will be really beautiful," Laura Bush said. "This is the time when the wildflowers are all blooming. And I think it will be a very, very lovely wedding, and it will be very like Jenna and Henry. And, of course, that's what we want. We want what she wants."

Getting married at the ranch was Jenna's idea. It was a move that deprived the nation of a White House wedding. The last presidential daughter to get married at the White House was Tricia Nixon in 1971.

Even during their brief residencies in Washington, Jenna and Barbara never lived in the White House. It's not home to them. And having the wedding at the White House probably would have meant more news media presence.

"Henry and I are far less glamorous than the White House," Jenna told Vogue magazine. "We wanted something organic and low-key."

Keeping things quiet
As for the wedding, the menu, the vows and the guest list have all been guarded like state secrets. Don't bother asking about a honeymoon. (They are going to Europe.)

"It's very much in keeping with her image as first daughter from day one, when her parents made it clear they wanted to keep both their daughters out of the spotlight," said Katherine Jellison, an Ohio University historian.

It's all a far cry from "Jenna and Tonic," the tabloid sobriquet she earned after two college-era busts for underage drinking. Jellison said it's clear Jenna has put some work into improving her public image.

After graduating from the University of Texas at Austin in 2004 with a bachelor's degree in English, Jenna taught at a charter school in Washington, D.C.

In 2006, she went to work as an unpaid intern for UNICEF in Panama. During her time in the region, she traveled around Argentina, Paraguay and Panama, creating photo diaries of the stories of children and adolescents she met there. Her work sparked her book idea for Ana's Story: A Journey of Hope.

More recently, she collaborated with her mother on a children's book.

Future plans
After the wedding, Jenna and Henry are expected to settle in Baltimore, where they recently bought a $440,000 home in a historic neighborhood.

Henry, a former White House staffer and the son of the Virginia Republican Party chairman, John H. Hager, will get his MBA from the University of Virginia's Darden Graduate School of Business on May 18. He is expected to take a job at Maryland's Constellation Energy, the state's biggest power company, according to several sources. It's unclear what Jenna's plans are, and the White House isn't saying much.

President Bush, who mugged for the cameras Thursday, practicing his father of the bride walk down the aisle, is said to like the groom and has said he's proud of his daughter. The first lady said both parents are excited.

"It's a very interesting passage of life when you get to that time in your life when your child, first child is getting married — and we're getting, for us, our first son," Laura Bush said. "So it's a thrill, and we're very happy about it."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/5766350.html

I wonder how many DUmp posts will pop up on this  :-) :tongue:

One of our local news channels ran a story last night about the home that Jenna and her husband-to-be have purchased. They named the small neighborhood that it's in and did everything but show the outside of the actual dwelling. They interviewed a local business owner who wanted to put in a bid on the house only to find out that Jenna and Henry were the ones with a pending contract. Of course everyone is excited to see them move in to the neighborhood and I know they will have security but did they really have to show all of that?

Ah Yes, my local Houston Pravda is at it again; including digs at the Bushes whenever it can.   

Right off the bat in article it is apparent that this "journalist" is not impressed.

CRAWFORD — Saturday, in an Oscar de la Renta gown with twin sister Barbara at her side, Jenna Bush, 26, will marry 29-year-old business school student Henry Hager at her parents' Central Texas ranch.

and how many times did this writer allude to Jenna being a party animal?   

:bird: :censored:

Offline jendf

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2008, 04:51:07 PM »
http://cbs13.com/video/?id=33290@kovr.dayport.com

totally a chick thread now!!! :-)

I definitely can't wait to see pictures now.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2008, 06:30:45 PM »

Every woman and a few men in Crawford could have racks of de la Rentas.  How the hell would this "journalist" know?

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2008, 06:46:08 PM »
http://cbs13.com/video/?id=33290@kovr.dayport.com

totally a chick thread now!!! :-)

I definitely can't wait to see pictures now.

I can't wait to watch the wedding on TMZ.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2008, 09:00:19 PM »

I'm going to hazard a guess here, but it would seem logical that the Bush family is so disgusted with their treatment by the media over the past 7+ years, that they don't want the scum anywhere close to such a personal, family event....I know that is the way I would feel about it.....

doc
[/quote]

Plus 1

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2008, 09:03:41 PM »

I think I said that somewhere upstream.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2008, 09:12:21 PM »

No one reads your posts.  Noone reads my posts.  That's life on the internet.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2008, 09:29:16 PM »
I know Jenna Bush personally. I consider her a friend, not a close one, but a friend still. I have not seen her since I graduated college. She is really a nice person. I met her at a Christmas party in 2002 and she hugged me due to the raw emotions following 9/11. I know it was in 2002. 9/11 and the demise of the WTC profoundly affected me.  :(

Congratulations to Jenna Bush. I wish the very best for her.  :cheersmate:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2008, 09:36:53 PM »

No one reads your posts.  Noone reads my posts.  That's life on the internet.

well, I read your posts. 

wait, that brings to mind another subject.

(creates a different thread)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2008, 09:48:19 PM »
I know Jenna Bush personally. I consider her a friend, not a close one, but a friend still. I have not seen her since I graduated college. She is really a nice person. I met her at a Christmas party in 2002 and she hugged me due to the raw emotions following 9/11. I know it was in 2002. 9/11 and the demise of the WTC profoundly affected me.  :(

That is like me.  I am friends with friends of the President.  Unlike you, I do not know him.  He would probably know my name if it was brought up.  I have been around the Dallas business scene too long not to know and be known.

My point is, the Bush family members are the most decent and caring people imaginable.  It has been hard to stand by and merely post on a message board a silly response to all the cruelty and ridiculous slander that has occurred since George W. Bush has become President.  I cannot think of a more honest and God-fearing soul who has ever sit in the Oval Office, and that includes President Ronald Reagan.

I have tried to hold my emotions in check, after all, it is all politics, but it has been hard to do.  George W. Bush has been one of the most remarkable men ever to hold the office of President.  His decency and devotion to his God, family, and country is unstainable.  I don't think the man has ever had a selfish thought in his life.

It seems the better a person is, the more he is hated in this nation.  This is due to the leftist shit who control the information.  I can say this with all validity because, if we were dealing with an honest media on the national level, George W. Bush would be one of the greatest people to ever take on the task to be President.  

I have a file of his work.  I started it in 2001.  There are disappointments to be sure, but there is never a time when George W. Bush isn't true to himself.  

Honesty is all I ask of a President.  George W. Bush has never been one degree less than honest.    

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2008, 10:00:15 PM »

That is like me.  I am friends with friends of the President.  Unlike you, I do not know him.  He would probably know my name if it was brought up.  I have been around the Dallas business scene too long not to know and be known.

My point is, the Bush family members are the most decent and caring people imaginable.  It has been hard to stand by and merely post on a message board a silly response to all the cruelty and ridiculous slander that has occurred since George W. Bush has become President.  I cannot think of a more honest and God-fearing soul who has ever sit in the Oval Office, and that includes President Ronald Reagan.

I have tried to hold my emotions in check, after all, it is all politics, but it has been hard to do.  George W. Bush has been one of the most remarkable men ever to hold the office of President.  His decency and devotion to his God, family, and country is unstainable.  I don't think the man has ever had a selfish thought in his life.

It seems the better a person is, the more he is hated in this nation.  This is due to the leftist shit who control the information.  I can say this with all validity because, if we were dealing with an honest media on the national level, George W. Bush would be one of the greatest people to ever take on the task to be President.  

I have a file of his work.  I started it in 2001.  There are disappointments to be sure, but there is never a time when George W. Bush isn't true to himself.  

Honesty is all I ask of a President.  George W. Bush has never been one degree less than honest.    

There are things I disagree with George W. Bush, but I just can't hate him though. Well, he is honest at least and does not care about polls. Gotta give him credit for that. As for Jenna, she is really nice. She knew what I was going through after 9/11.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Zeus

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2008, 10:15:28 PM »

It's somewhat surreal the way the left has maligned Bush since day one and it was a democrat that convinced W to run for president.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2008, 11:47:30 PM »

Every woman and a few men in Crawford could have racks of de la Rentas.  How the hell would this "journalist" know?

oddly enough, i was just discussing this with some friends. around this area, with so many young guys making money.. you have no idea who has it and who doesnt. you can never assume just because some dresses in a bathroom robe and shower shoes (with shorts and a t shirt underneath) that he isnt worth some money.

you just cannot make assumptions about people.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2008, 12:14:53 AM »

oddly enough, i was just discussing this with some friends. around this area, with so many young guys making money.. you have no idea who has it and who doesnt. you can never assume just because some dresses in a bathroom robe and shower shoes (with shorts and a t shirt underneath) that he isnt worth some money.

For some reason you are a pickle of the reason of the pickle of the Butterfly of Pickle

Offline Lauri

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2008, 12:29:36 AM »

For some reason you are a pickle of the reason of the pickle of the Butterfly of Pickle

says you ...  :popcorn:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2008, 12:33:56 AM »

says you ...  :popcorn:

Buckle up, hose hinney. 

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2008, 12:41:05 AM »
Great post Undies.

I was hoping to get a call to dance at the bachelorette party. I was going to jump out of the cake...The secret service must not of liked my resume....mabye we can have that resolved by the time her sister gets married.

Offline jendf

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2008, 01:19:28 PM »
There are pictures up on Fox News. I would bring them over but it's running very slow right now. Probably lots of women checking out the dress like me.  :-)

The couple looks absolutely radiant. I'm really happy for her. And very jealous.