Author Topic: It's too bad Best Buy only sells this in a few West Coast stores  (Read 1733 times)

Offline thelaughingman

Yeah, I wonder freaking why.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=439&topic_id=889220&mesg_id=889220

DainBramaged Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Apr-14-11 08:27 AM
Original message
It's too bad Best Buy only sells this in a few West Coast stores   Updated at 4:40 PM

Advertisements [?]
Brammo - Enertia Electric Bike

•In select stores: #140(9739 NE Cascades Pkwy, Portland OR), #450(1127 Industrial Rd, San Francisco CA), #1011(740 S Sepulveda Blvd,Los Angeles CA).

$7,995.00

•Extruded aluminum frame
Provides long-lasting durability.
•Brembo disk brakes
Help the bike to come to a complete stop safely.
•Sealed permanent-magnet AC-synchronous disc motor
Powers the bike.
•72V lithium-iron-phosphate battery
With built-in charger to quickly recharge the bike.
•Reaches speeds up to 60 mph
With a range up to 42 miles (depends on rider weight).
•Tubeless Avon Roadrider tires
Feature reliable traction and stable handling as well as our lightweight Cast Aluminum Wheels.
•Elka rear suspension with Marzocchi front forks
Provides a smooth ride.
•Motorcycle-style handlebars with full NHTSA-certified controls
For easy use.
•Minimal assembly required

Look at that piece of crap!  And it works like a piece of crap to boot!  "Reaches speeds of up to 60 mph."  So on the interstate, you're ****ed.  Of course, that's likely only the projected top speed.  If it ever does reach that speed, it will only maintain it for a few seconds before the battery is sucked dry.  A 42 mile range!  WTF???  And the range "depends on rider weight."  I bet they used the smallest, skinniest rider they could find when they tested it.  And what the hell is "Minimal assembly required?"  Apart from hobbyists and restorers, who the hell buys a vehicle that requires you to assemble it after you purchase it?

Here is my proposal: if anyone reading this sees someone willingly riding one of these things around, please follow them to their next stop, walk up to them, and beat them to a pulp.  The bruised and bloodied look will butch them up and they will thank you for it.  Then as you drive away, plow over the bike (*spit*) like the train did to the Delorean in "Back to the Future 3."

People often call big Harleys "hogs."  I think this... thing... should be called a "*****."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:24:57 AM by thelaughingman »

Offline thelaughingman

Re: It's too bad Best Buy only sells this in a few West Coast stores
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 12:30:56 AM »
An amusing comparison from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brammo_Enertia#Comparison_with_conventional_motorcycles

With 12–25 hp (8.9–19 kW), and 17–34 ft·lbf (23–46 N·m) of torque in the 'performance' mode, the Enertia's power output is comparable to a conventionally powered Kawasaki Ninja 250 motorcycle.[8][9] However, the 2009 Ninja 250 has a top speed of 95.5 mph (153.7 km/h),[10] while the Enertia's top speed is 50 mph[8] or 55 mph (89 km/h).[4][11] It has no gears or clutch so shifting is not required, which Brammo claims enables the Enertia to go from 0 to 30 mph (0 to 48 km/h) in 3.8 seconds in performance mode.[8] Tested by Cycle World, the Ninja 250 accelerates from 0 to 30 mph (0 to 48 km/h) in 2.0 seconds.[12] Motorcycle Consumer News projected a range of 246 mi (396 km) for the Ninja 250 based on their tested 51.2 mpg-US (4.59 L/100 km; 61.5 mpg-imp).[10] Brammo claims the Enertia has a range of 40 to 50 miles (64–80 km) between charges if power is set to the minimum level, 40%.

So it's like the Ninja's snot-nosed little brother who wants to tag along on the "really cool ninja missions," but who is slower, wimpier, and whines after every few minutes, "I'm tired!  I want to rest!  Can we stop somewhere for a couple hours?"

Here's a video.  Listen to the sound of this thing:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaIXR1h_dME[/youtube]

It DOES whine!  Yuck!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:36:54 AM by thelaughingman »

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 02:19:27 AM »
It DOES whine!  Yuck!

Just like its target market.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 03:24:54 AM »
50+ MPG isn't good enough for DUmmies, they want in in electric as well!   :rotf:

Probably takes $20 worth of electricity to charge it (on the left coast, of course)   :rotf:

Only in Kalifornia, the land of "fruits and nuts".   :rotf:

If ANYONE sees me on something like that, PLEASE, RUN OVER ME!  No, really.  PLEASE, RUN OVER ME!   :hammer:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 05:48:52 AM »
Reminds me of when Jeff Dunham was talking about driving a Prius:  "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  GAY!"
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 07:48:34 AM »
truebrit71  (1000+ posts)        Thu Apr-14-11 09:46 AM
Response to Original message
16. Man that looks so cool!!!
 I'd love to get one!!

No it doesn't look cool.  It's butt-ugly and Teh Ghey. 
They end up squabbling over there about energy.  Electricity apparently doesn't come from unicorn farts, but only a few DUmmies know that. 

Oh, and all those birds that get sliced and diced up by windmills?  Well, they should just learn not to fly into things. 
Shiver  (1000+ posts)        Fri Apr-15-11 01:06 AM
Response to Reply #31
52.  Birds have been flying for millions of years. You think they would have evolved to not fly into shit by now. The ones that do probably shouldn't be passing on their genetics anyway...

That's pretty heartless, cruel, and coldblooded toward our feathered friends!  Freeping Teahag. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »
With a range up to 42 miles (depends on rider weight).
You DUmmies are SOL. :loser:

Brammo has (had?) a contract with Ariel Motors to build and sell the Atom in the US. 

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 08:57:03 AM »
Brammo has (had?) a contract with Ariel Motors to build and sell the Atom in the US. 

If that's the case I'd better start saving.

50+ MPG isn't good enough for DUmmies, they want in in electric as well!

Of all the vehicles you could have in electric, it would figure they'd want a bike in it too. I can get a cheap bike for less then the 7000$ of that one with goof fuel economy that looks half decent.

IC engines are easy to dispose of as scrap, what about the batteries? Battery tech is still not up to the challenge of a good electric vehicle.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 09:46:38 AM »
20 HP? My little gas scooter has a 8.6 HP, goes 65, and gets about 85MPG. All for 525 bucks. If I'm paying 8 grand for a motorcycle, I'm getting a HD Sportster, not a f'n 2-wheeled golf cart.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 09:51:23 AM »
If they sell it at Best Buy, does that mean you have to go there for warranty service?

Good luck with that.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 10:04:34 AM »
Reminds me of when Jeff Dunham was talking about driving a Prius:  "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  GAY!"

Classic!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP-tyvBGla4[/youtube]

"When it idles, it goes 'homohomohomohomo.'"

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 10:06:38 AM »
Shiver  (1000+ posts)        Fri Apr-15-11 01:06 AM
Response to Reply #31
52.  Birds have been flying for millions of years. You think they would have evolved to not fly into shit by now. The ones that do probably shouldn't be passing on their genetics anyway...

Um, okay...

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 10:09:35 AM »
What the hell kind of company name is "Brammo" anyway?  It sounds like a company that makes kids' toys.  Hmm..  I guess that makes it the perfect name after all.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 11:16:27 AM »
OMG! I can just imagine Dain driving that thing on Rt. 80 in NJ :lmao:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 11:25:16 AM »
This thing is strictly designed for well-heeled Yuppie ecofreaks to tootle around inside Western Sun Belt cities, nowhere near an interstate.  There's a reason that's the only place they're being offered.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 11:27:34 AM »

What the **** is that?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 11:39:20 AM »
The exorbitantly-expensive electric bike is just like the exorbitantly-expensive electric cars. When these silly homo transport systems run out of juice on the highway, can you walk to the nearest station and come back with a can of volts?

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 11:45:04 AM »
I see it as a perfectly good thing to have...............as a target for the XM-134 minigun.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Rebel

• Administrator

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 01:09:36 PM »
Imagine Dain driving that thing on this, and this is light traffic and this driver isn't driving that fast:

[youtube=425,350]pRzN1NHPxQU[/youtube]
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 01:28:55 PM »
They'll be riding those to the shooting of the next "Dear Woman" video.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 01:35:16 PM »
I can see a couple of metrosexual Yuppie type assholes riding this about two blocks to the local Starbucks, getting semi-jealous stares from all their fellow liberal douchebag hipster friends, then driving home just as the juice runs out.

Totally. ****ing. WORTHLESS.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 01:39:19 PM »
I want to see a ton of liberals on these things. The more of these electric f'ers, the more manly my gas-powered scooter looks.  :uhsure:

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 02:11:12 PM »

What the **** is that?

A washed-up actor?

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 02:13:17 PM »
This is 500 dollars cheaper:

So that's what a pair of balls is worth.