Author Topic: ooglymoogly knows what happened in Wisconsin  (Read 447 times)

Offline thelaughingman

ooglymoogly knows what happened in Wisconsin
« on: April 11, 2011, 12:06:53 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x856427

ooglymoogly Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Sun Apr-10-11 12:39 AM
Original message
Tell me why this scenario can not work Re: Kloppenburg-Prosser   Updated at 12:59 PM

Edited on Sun Apr-10-11 01:23 AM by ooglymoogly
Suppose I am an election official and a proven crook and am on record as one who has done this kind of election theft many times before,(I defer to Rachel on this) with pretty much power to do anything I want as far as elections in my bailiwick are concerned. Suppose I disappear 14000 ballots for Kloppeburg. Thinking 14000 votes would surely fix the election in a way I and my superiors wanted it to go. Then quelle supreez I lose anyway; I miscalculated by 200+ votes. My superiors move in on me to rectify the situation. We make a plan. We dig up the 14000 ballots previously disappeared because they were for Kloppenburg; we replace enough of the ballots to bring the election back into our favor and leave the rest alone to make it all plausible and reconstitute them all and wallah! Prosser wins by just the amount needed to head off a recount. After all I have the keys to the place, to the machines, and to unlimited ballots, I have a sketchy system that does not bear scrutiny and I only need 39 hrs to do it.

The counting and the matching of it is a red herring.

That's his story and he's sticking to it!

Tx4obama Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Sun Apr-10-11 12:55 AM
Response to Original message
2. Wrong.

There were republican and DEMOCRATIC election officials at the local level in the City of Brookfield. The city of Brookfield counted the ballots and then transmitted the totals to the county clerk ON election night. And the City of Brookfield posted their city's election results on their city's website on election night too.

The mistake was only at the county level when the county clerk made a clerical omission AFTER the City of Brookfield transmitted their totals to Nickolaus - the reason there is a canvassing day after the election is to catch errors and correct them which in this case was done.

The numbers at the local level are correct and were overseen by both republicans and DEMOCRATS.

How dare you question oogly!

ooglymoogly Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Sun Apr-10-11 01:01 AM
Response to Reply #2
4. Yeah we know....there are democrats and there are pugs who   Updated at 12:59 PM

Edited on Sun Apr-10-11 01:40 AM by ooglymoogly
are democrats just to make things look legit. Questions about that have already been raised here on DU and elsewhere.

So the Democrat officials in Wisconsin who looked at the situation and agreed that it was a legitimate oversight are actually Republicans because they agreed it was a legitimate oversight.

Then there's this gem:

rufus dog Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Sun Apr-10-11 03:11 AM
Response to Reply #14
20. strange

On Thursday I requested respectfully that it was not the time to defend the Republicans. Even if it was an honest mistake the repubs needed to be put on the defensive. The posts just increased.

So even if it was an honest mistake, which it was, don't defend the Republicans and keep attacking them.

Someone with some uncommon sense for DU (possibly a mole) shows up and squashes oogly like a bug:

Yo_Mama (623 posts)
Sun Apr-10-11 02:03 PM
Response to Original message
31. Because it's an impossible theory

First, the county official who "lost" the votes didn't have the power to lose them for more than a day. By the time the certified vote count went in, those votes would be there. At Brookfield, the polls were supervised by representatives from both parties. Those votes went in and were counted, given to the newspaper, etc. It's not as if they were ever in limbo - the only place they didn't show up is on the one lady's computer. Temporarily.

Second, we already know that these weren't 14K Kloppenburg votes. We know that for multiple reasons; the first is that the votes were already counted, and the second is that the election was overseen by reps from both parties. We also know that this is "red" district that votes heavily and was going to vote heavily in favor of Prosser.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/119519294.ht...

Third, assume a separate conspiracy between Dem and Rep election workers and massive election fraud, plus connivance by the county official. It's still insane. For one thing, no one tries to win elections by disappearing an entire place's votes. Zeroes show up very quickly and will be questioned by absolutely anyone from another party.

Finally, even assuming that no one in WI is going to look at the zeroes and ask a question, your scenario is still insane because this place always votes heavily GOP. You are not going to dump GOP votes if you are trying to skew an election for a GOP candidate.

The only way your theory gets a little less insane is if the conspiracy was by Republicans plus Democrats to steal the election for KLOPPENBURG. If anyone should be running around blabbing this nonsense it would be the Republicans.

But it's still insane even then, because of the fact that an entire city's votes were omitted from the totals. If you are going to postulate some huge conspiracy between nominal members of both parties, you've got to give them enough credit to shift votes here and there within each polling district, rather than by suppressing the votes in entire polling districts.

You were the one who asked why your scenario would not work. This is my honest answer.

The thread also has a number of mod-deleted posts, so it's pretty amusing to imagine oogly flipping out in them.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:15:46 AM by thelaughingman »

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: ooglymoogly knows what happened in Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:50:18 AM »
I defer to Rachel ?
quelle supreez ?
wallah ?

Now, combine those moronisms with atrocious grammar:
in a way I and my superiors wanted it to go

Now what have you got? It's not know-it-all nadin, but it's a really pathetic wannabe.

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 10:09:48 AM »
Anyone finding themselves in Mamby Pamby Land (not that anyone would vacation there deliberately) would be at a total loss with the standard Chamber of Commerce type tour guide booklets.
Better go with a DSM-IV-TR and one of those huge cans of pepper spray that Alaskan hikers tote to repel grizzly bears wouldn't be a bad idea either.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 04:08:45 PM »
Those idiots are really having a hard time wrapping their head around the fact that the 'votes' were never on the county computer only the tallies were.

They have somehow convinced themselves that this woman has somehow manipulated votes she never touched.

Their idiocy is epic.  Seriously.  Someone could make a fortune writing a book about DU and how they twist themselves in knots trying to explain some of this stuff.  Occam's Razor has no meaning to them.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 04:16:01 PM »
Wow.

The uglymugly primitive must live, and work, in Cook County, Illinois, to figure out how to do that sort of trick.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 04:37:15 PM »
Wow.

The uglymugly primitive must live, and work, in Cook Crook County, Illinois, to figure out how to do that sort of trick.
FIFY  :)

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan