Author Topic: legendary herb primitive must be having money problems  (Read 2202 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
legendary herb primitive must be having money problems
« on: January 11, 2008, 06:53:08 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2658490

Oh my.

That's my take on it, and I'm sticking with it; the post-Christmas-shopping bills and somesuch.

By the way, before one lights into the legendary herb primitive, remember that the legendary herb primitive is one of the very few primitives who actually works, manual labor, for a living.  I mean to say he actually toils and labors and sweats.  So don't be too hard on him.

Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)       Fri Jan-11-08 03:15 AM
Original message

It's a wonder they don't explode when sunlight hits them

There are some people, and we all know who they are, that exist solely off the contributions of others. They drain them down to the last drop of blood, sweat, and tears, and leave them naked and trembling in the frigid winter of despair.

They turn away as parents fight for an operation that might save a dying child's life.

They stand unmoved as a man who has lost his job to outsourcing loses the house he's spent the past ten years paying for.

They eagerly grab young, naive victims with promises of easily attained material wealth, and drink deeply of the soaring interests rates on the credit cards they peddled.

They lead the charge for war, wanting the heady draught of black gold with which they can suck the American consumer dry as the desert sands from under which it came.

They gorge themselves on media outlets and spew forth poison rather than useful information.

They grind little businesses into dust under their heels, and spout platitudes about the "free market" when anyone but a moron can see that the market is anything but "free."

There's one glaring difference between these economic vampires and the blood-sucking variety I highlight in my novels. In my books, at least some of the vampires are honorable and decent people.

Economic Vampires NEVER are.

They may not explode when sunlight hits them. But that only goes to prove there's very little justice in the world.

Well, I don't know where to begin.

What about all the primitives who exist solely off the contributions of others, the taxpayers?

truedelphi  (1000+ posts)       Fri Jan-11-08 03:18 AM
Response to Original message

1. So little justice, so much bullion to squeeze out of the lower 

Economic Classes and hardly enough time in the day to do all the squeezing.

(Love yr website BTW)

Blue_In_AK  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-11-08 03:20 AM

2. You're on a roll tonight, Mythsaje

I LOVE this stuff.

leveymg (1000+ posts)       Fri Jan-11-08 03:23 AM

3. Righteous rant! 5th rec! 

Keep 'em coming!

lonestarnot  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-11-08 03:35 AM

4. Truth Scale of 1-10, this is definitely a 10.

Keep fighting for it.

formercia  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-11-08 06:43 AM

5. Luckily, most of them would explode in gated communities where they are not likely do be a danger to the vast majority of Americans.

Now, wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute.

Doesn't John Edwards live in a gated community?  And what about the Bostonian Billionaire?  How close can one get to Vast Teddy's luxury compounds in Hyannis Port or Palm Beach before encountering a fence?

What's this "gated community" stuff?

conspirator (567 posts)      Fri Jan-11-08 06:49 AM

7. The ONLY solution is to abolish thin air currency. Money is their core tool.

It's not an easy problem to solve. Hope we can find an answer before our planet is destroyed.

annabanana  (1000+ posts)       Fri Jan-11-08 07:00 AM

8. They would explode if they were forced to live a "statistically average" lifestyle for a month.

You know, this is all very interesting, when one puts on the Margaret Mead eyeglasses.

There appears to be the evolution of an alternative "clan" on Skins's island.

Some time ago, the legendary herb primitive rattled some cages when he inquired if there are "cliques" on Skins's island.....and was immediately smacked down by the cliquiest of the cliquists, they angrily denying such a thing exists.

The legendary herb primitive was assaulted by some really really really nasty primitives, gang-members.

And then shortly after that, the plagiarizing greedy thorn primitive posted work written by the legendary herb primitive as her own, and when the original author protested, he was immediately smacked down by other primitives, most notably Ms. Ed, the unappellated eohippus.

Apparently stealing and lying is okay with Ms. Ed, if Ms. Ed likes the person doing it.

And so the legendary herb primitive decided to take a sabbatical from Skins's island.....which lasted all but two or three days.  Apparently he wasn't aware that some primitives are more civilized than other primitives.

One has to admire the legendary herb primitive for his pluck; his politics suck, but the kid has perserverance.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 06:54:44 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: legendary herb primitive must be having money problems
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 09:10:29 AM »
I'm sorry Frank, but all that proves to me is the legendary herb primitive doesn't have a clue to the workings of the real world. He got the concept of vampires correct but he's applying it to the wrong group of people. It's the tax and spenders from both sides of the aisle that drain the ordinary citizens of their money. He wants to blame in on the rich and on republicans but he needs to to take a good long look at the people he's supporting with his campaign pledges and votes.

BTW Didn't he post a couple of swan songs last week? What's he doing posting. He's becoming more like Will Pitt every day.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 09:15:35 AM »
I thought he was leaving? It's like he never left!!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 10:49:29 AM »
Two observations: "It" is long winded in the style of the Boston Drunkard and "It's" writing is too doom and gloom for this old boy.How can a person go through life without ever being happy about anything? :loser:

As a side note Frank, your writing is far superior, and I mean that.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline lizard

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 04:56:40 PM »
The herb primitive needs to realize that the real world is 'dog eat dog' in a lot of cases, and the herb primitive would be wise not to go around wearing milk-bone boxers.