Author Topic: What are your Pet Peeves?  (Read 47321 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: What are your Pet Peeves?
« Reply #475 on: March 31, 2011, 10:09:06 AM »
They started putting the stupid letterbox around my movies! Then, they told us it was because our TVs were the wrong shape. Then, the bastards sold us new flat TVs in the supposedly correct shape. Last week, I picked up a new DVD and watched it on my new shaped TV and what did I see? The *******ED LETTERBOX! HNC, I'm not sure how, but, you are to blame for this.

My TV has a "zoom" feature. It makes the picture fit perfectly. :clueless:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline thundley4

« Reply #476 on: April 10, 2011, 09:35:27 PM »
I really dislike people that make a phone call from a noisy place.  I answered the phone at work today and could not even hear what the woman was saying. It sounded like a dozen little kids rioting in the background.  To top it off, it was a wrong number and her English skills left a lot to be desired.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #477 on: April 11, 2011, 03:18:30 AM »
I really dislike people that make a phone call from a noisy place.  I answered the phone at work today and could not even hear what the woman was saying. It sounded like a dozen little kids rioting in the background.  To top it off, it was a wrong number and her English skills left a lot to be desired.

Agreed or people like my mom that will call me on her cell from home instead of using the home phone knowing that her cell service at her home sucks and cuts her off everytime.   :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #478 on: April 11, 2011, 05:48:24 AM »
People that don't park correctly.  You want to protect your little car?  Do you know there is nothing more than I would like to do to your car than walk by it and key the shit out of it because you park like this?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #479 on: April 11, 2011, 06:31:18 AM »
People that don't park correctly.  You want to protect your little car?  Do you know there is nothing more than I would like to do to your car than walk by it and key the shit out of it because you park like this?

I have no problem with this kind of thing, as long as the perps park 1.347 miles away from the entrance to which they're going.  :rotf:

A severe pet peeve of mine are the clueless jerks who throw their car door open and leave a dent in YOUR car because they're too stupid to understand that that kind of thing happens when stupid people are issued driver licenses.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Karin

« Reply #480 on: April 11, 2011, 01:44:27 PM »
What's up with that commercial for K9 Advantix, where the puppy incites a labor riot?  He calls for a strike, with no affection, no friendship, no nothing until they get their K9 Advantage and ditch the Frontline.  Then all the dogs are given little SEIU bandanas to wear.  I hate it. 

My husband hates the commercials where the husband and wife are contentedly chopping vegetables.  "What's with all these ****ing vegetables?"  he'll say.